Trade In program of Powermac Center

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mr_macbookpro, Oct 16, 2013.

1. mr_macbookpro

mr_macbookpro Member

Hi guys, I just recently found out that Powermac center is offering a trade in program for imacs and laptop for models 2010 and above (recent). I wonder if anyone here has any experience or information on how much would (in guestimate) the value would be for say.. a 27 inch Imac Mid 2010 under applecare warranty and no cosmetic damages. Would selling it on the marketplace be more practical?

Your thoughts appreciated. Thanks

2. MacSonic 779

MacSonic 779 Member

You might get a better value if you try to sell it yourself than having your iMac appraised by PowerMac. Usually stores only offer low appraisals as they may need to mark up the unit should they resell it. Sometimes the appraisal also may not be accurate as the staff may not be updated on the market value of the unit. I think the 27" 2010 iMac is still adequate for most tasks.

3. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

I would suggest you ask Powermac for a quote directly so that you know, and share it with the community. :) but agree with Macsonic, you will more likely get better value selling it in the second hand market.

Pupkin likes this.
  4. markitolorenzo

markitolorenzo New Member

Wondering if they accept trading up deffective mac...

5. Kenneth

Kenneth Moderator

6. Chito Limson

Chito Limson Unfrozen…
    Staff Member

Thanks, Ken. I think I like Ynzal's credo for their trade-in program, especially that part about VAT only on the difference. Next question is, does Ynzal have adequate inventory of the latest Apple goodies?

7. akosiGRAM

akosiGRAM Member

Has anyone actually tried to do a trade in with ynzal? I want to trade my iPad 3 for an iPad air :p

8. neilc

neilc Active Member

For iPads, better to sell your iPad 3 to an individual. You get a fair pricing with that.

9. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

called them up to see how much will I add for a 27" imac. i'm going to try and trade in my 21" one (late 2012), with 2 year apple care warranty.

hoping i can get a good deal :)

10. loudsound

loudsound Well-Known Member

First time to see this thread. Are there other Apple resellers offering the Trade-in Program?

11. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

I wonder if I can still trade-in my Black Macbook:p

12. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

thinking of trading in my old 2006 macbook as well hehe

13. mark_17

mark_17 Active Member

if you want to maximize the return value of your used mac, sell it off yourself... post it here in the marketplace, sulit, or even at tipidpc. however if you have no time or the interest to find a buyer then these trade-in programs are great option.

14. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    ^You can just forward the specs, serial no., condition, etc. of your old Macbook (or any Apple device) to inquiry@ynzal.com and someone will get back to you for a fair quotation of the trade-in value.

They have a standard disclaimer, though:

"Note : The trade in value quoted is only an estimate and may vary upon actual assessment of the unit(s). There are instances when the trade in value may be higher once the unit and its components have been evaluated and confirmed to be working sufficiently, and the unit aesthetically does not bear any signs of neglect. Lastly, complete documentation and original accessories may also help in adding up to the final assessed value. Thank you for your compliance."

So, it's always best for you to bring your unit to Ynzal so that Nomer or Val can take a proper look at it and come up with a proper assessment.

15. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

I emailed ynzal yesterday and got a reply today. I must say that i still prefer sir charlie's price for us philmuggers. The price quoted by ynzal less the trade in item when compared to the cash price of sir charlie results in only a difference of a few thousand pesos.

16. Mykolant

Mykolant PhilMUG Addict Member

Between Down Under and the Great White North
    ^Good for you, then! :)

I agree. Charlie's prices are beyond compare, especially if you're a Philmug member!

Do note that Charlie's Beyond the Box is an Apple Premium Reseller, while Ynzal is not, so there's a huge difference there in terms of offering better prices.

I guess the benefit in Ynzal's trade-in program is that it's not limited to exchanging your old Apple/Mac products for newer Apple/Mac products. You can trade it in for many different things that Ynzal offers, like Wacom tablets and accessories, even Adobe licenses, third-party peripherals from brands such as Newertech, OWC, external hard-drives, memory, etc.

As mentioned by another poster in this thread, you can go ahead and sell your old Apple/Mac units on your own and use the funds you earn to buy from Charlie's better-priced units.

Sometimes, if your old unit isn't worth what you thought it would be, it's best to keep it, esp. if it's still in good condition. Just use it till it dies on you.

It's great to have as many choices available to you, right?

preciousgem likes this.
  17. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

I agree with the others, better sell yourself if you want to get the most value out of your old Mac. With that, I'm curious how much does PowerMac will pay for our older Macs. Probably not much but I really want to know. Another option, is to sell your Mac to the folks in the Greenhills Tiangge. There is a very vibrant second hand market for Apple laptops over there. However, the appraisal might not be very high as the sellers need to make a profit too. I say, always make an effort to ask for an appraisal. :)

18. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

Hi guys, I've accumulated iDevices and some non-apple ones and thinking of getting a new iDevice via Apple's trade-in program. Anyone who did it? How is it? Which is the best and most efficient local premium reseller that accepts this program in 2018? Thank you for your insights. :)

#18 pinoyslinger, May 6, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
  19. preciousgem

preciousgem Member

Good to see this thread here. I didn't know some of the leading Apple Sellers have trade-in programs. They don't have it indicated in their websites.