time machine help...

Discussion in 'OS X and OS X Apps' started by ArkiJan, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArkiJan

ArkiJan Well-Known Member

I messed up my aperture library... i was deleting some pictures and albums and i inadvertently deleted an album which i still needed... i entered time machine as i have a time capsule and tried to restore my aperture library... i clicked replace on the options and after time machine prompts me that it is preparing to copy the library i get this message - "the operation can't be completed because an item is being modified." now i dont have anything on my existing aperture library... please help... :(

after quitting time machine, now finder prompts me every 5 minutes or so, with Aperture open - "Running critically low on disk space. Please create more disk space on "Macintosh HD". If you do not create free space on "Macintosh HD" your Aperture library may be damaged." But upon checking on my Macintosh HD's info, i still have more than 140GBs available on my 320GB hard drive... Mac gurus - help!!!

#1 ArkiJan, Feb 1, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. philpangandian

philpangandian Active Member

Did you quit (⌘+Q) Apperture first before restoring from your Time Capsule?

3. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

i suggest you quit all applications and run disk utility, check disk, repair permissions, and then reboot...

access your time machine, locate again the library you want to restore, and instead of restoring the whole library, pick out files that you first want to restore...

if you are using TM properly, then it is impossible for it to lose files backed up already...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.