This is really the best trackpad ever!

Discussion in 'MacBook Air, MacBook & MacBook Pro' started by arnel13, Jan 9, 2009.

1. arnel13

arnel13 Member

I've always used a mouse with my laptops, even with my previous Black Macbook.

But now it's been 2 months since I got my unibody MB with its glass trackpad... and this time I never felt the need for a mouse. In fact, I find the trackpad more enjoyable to use than a mouse. I like the smoothness and responsiveness of the surface.

To me this is the best achievement Apple has made through the unibody laptops.

2. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

Actually, I've weaned myself away from using a mouse, even with my Late-2007 Sta Rosa MacBook. Fooling around with the Mouse/Trackpad preferences, as well as Expose, I'm able to do things much much faster with the trackpad. I've even given away my Kensington Wireless Laser Mouse to my girlfriend to use.

It's all about getting used to the trackpad.

3. essay

essay Active Member

Feels nice.

But I find my MBP trackpad a little unresponsive at times, like, tapping to click or select, and two finger scrolling. My Powebook trackpad was more responsive.

I am thinking of calling apple support to have clarification about this but didn't have the time to actually do it.

4. fteoOpty64

fteoOpty64 Member

Try fiddling with the 3 slides above the Trackpad preferences in System Preferences. Once calibrated to what you expect, it should work perfectly. I agree that the PB trackpad is close to perfect and way better "feel" than the MB trackpad. The Unibody trackpad is excellent but it takes getting used to and is very sensitive if calibrated to your own way of working.
    ;)

5. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

I like surfing late at night, sometimes when the wifey is asleep ... and my only issue with the unibody glass trackpad is that the clicks are LOUD. Well, compared to the earlier model, anyway.

6. platonick_69

platonick_69 Member

trackpad is ok for me.I like the white macbook's better. The glass trackpad burns my fingers. My hands are sweaty so there's friction with the glass trackpad. I. using a mouse for now until i figure out something to fix this sweaty problem. :)

7. Odysseus

Odysseus Active Member

Why don't you tap it instead? Just enable all the trackpad finger gestures in the System Preferences.

8. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

Hmm in all my years of using laptops I've never been a fan of tapping - too many false triggers, at least the way I use a trackpad. (Maybe it's me impatiently drumming my fingertips on the surface while waiting for the page to load?)

But that's a good suggestion, I'll look into it for late night use at least.

9. marckieMD

marckieMD Member

OY: Hey, try to use Driclor, anti-perspirant for your hands. It's OTC naman yata albeit i haven't tried the product yet.

10. platonick_69

platonick_69 Member

I am buying driclor now.

11. macky2green

macky2green Member

I have tinkered with an aluminum unibody MacBook in one of the Apple stores here in Doha, and I also do like the new glass trackpad. No need for protectors, whatsoever anymore. Looking forward to getting my aluminum unibody MacBook very soon.

12. ricpac

ricpac Active Member

I love the new trackpad, super! I wish I could take it home.

#12 ricpac, Jan 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  13. Shinobi

Shinobi Member

OT: Hi pop_freak19! I would just like to ask where I could get this one as I'm in the same predicament as platonick. Thanks!

14. ad0bo

ad0bo Member

@Shinobi: I believe you can find it in drug stores. As far as I know, most artistas also use Driclor to avoid what we call "baskil" hehe someone I know tried using it - one swipe under the pits and he doesn't perspire for a week. This, in my personal opinion, is not safe, as I think one shouldn't intentionally block the natural process of... Anyway, I'm way OT here.

To get back on topic, I tried using my brother's Al MB, and I have trouble using it. I'm using a 15" PB. I'm pretty sure it takes some getting used to. I always find myself looking for the click button on the Al MB's trackpad!

15. pinoydinako

pinoydinako Member

hehe.. its all about maximizing the use of the track pad.. most people prefer using the mouse because they feel that the track pad lacks function compared to mouses, especially those that have extra buttons/functions (one button for double click, scrolling, zoom, etc..)

16. barre05

barre05 Well-Known Member

After installing the four-finger gesture on my early 2008 MBP, the trackpad is all i ever use. I don't even have an external mouse now, because of the immense convenience of the multi-touch!

17. Marco

Marco Member

I agree with the users here, it felt a bit weird at first, but after a couple of days intensive use with the trackpad in my Macbook i now feel comfortable with it... :D

18. donalyza

donalyza Member

Last night when I need to edit my friend's photo and my mouse is not with me because I left it at home, I noticed I can use Photoshop with such ease by using the trackpad only.

19. arnel13

arnel13 Member

Ok, back to Driclor, but I promise this is not off-topic... :D

What I'm trying to say is... people who plan to use Driclor on their hands... well, be warned that using the glass trackpad while you still have Driclor on your hand (fingers in particular) might bleach the color of your beloved trackpad. Yikes.

But I'm sure I didn't need to remind you of that. ;)

20. cubee

cubee Member

OT: just want to know... where you able to get your Driclor? and where? does it work? TIA