This is cool! Pebble: The watch for iPhone & Android

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by LeoCastillo, Apr 11, 2012.

1. riderandy

riderandy Member

My guess is that Pebble team is still not fully ready to expand channels. In the US i think only Best Buy is carrying it in physical stores.

2. Sleepdoc

Sleepdoc Well-Known Member

Upgraded to v1.13. All notifications I enabled on the iPhone show up on my pebble, as in ALL! I had to disable notifications from my Google+ account or my wrist would have been vibrating all day! :) No complaints about the upgrade, except maybe all the hoops I had to jump through to get it. Also, I'm still having problems with connections to my HTTPebble app. Some watch apps still disconnect often...

3. littlewingz08

littlewingz08 Well-Known Member

For those of you guys receiving 2 notifications even though only one is sent and prompted by/from the source. You can delete the other pebble connection registered on your bluetooth list. The recent Update seems to make a duplicate of pebble's connection name.

I was wondering awhile ago that i always get 2 text messages though only 1 message was sent by the sender. The culprit was that the iphone was connected to 2 pebble connection under bluetooth after all.

4. xdeath010

xdeath010 Member

Yes, notice this one also.
    There are 2 pebble at my iphone bluetooth, the 2nd one has a LE suffix.
    But unlike you iam not recieving 2 notification. Wierd .

5. isee12dots

isee12dots Member

How much would pebble cost. The total. Shipping and tax converted to peso. Even just the estimate.

6. riderandy

riderandy Member

Hi @iseedots. Thats 150usd (shipping to PH is free). Then customs duties+taxes around 1.7k. So in peso, that's around 8.2k.

There were a few people selling it for 8k and some 7.5k online, but right now its kinda difficult to score one locally. I ordered mine online because i didn't find a black one in Sulit.

7. riderandy

riderandy Member

I also got two BT devices paired for my pebble, and I also don't have that double notification issue.

8. Sleepdoc

I think you're supposed to have 2 pebbles attached to your iPhone's bluetooth, the "pebble": handles the watch faces and other apps, while the "pebble-LE"; handles the rest of the notifications. I read this somewhere while i was trying to upgrade to v1.13 but, for the life of me, I cant find the link to the article. Sorry.

9. riderandy

riderandy Member

+1 Sleepdoc. I paired the LE part when I upgraded to the newest version, when I enabled iOS7 notification compatibility.

10. Sleepdoc

Here's a direct quote from a CNET article:

"The new Pebble software update also unleashes Bluetooth LE connectivity, which has been latent in Pebbles. Pebble connectivity has been made, previously, via a standard, higher-bandwidth older Bluetooth connection. Smart Bluetooth, which is in the iPhone 4S, 5 and 5S and is becoming standardized through Android phones slowly but surely, is useful for a lot of fitness trackers and devices with background syncing, but according to Migicovsky the Pebble will keep using both forms of Bluetooth at once for the time being."

link to the CNET article:
    Pebble reboot: Smartwatch gets iOS 7 upgrade and new SDK with apps, but no new hardware | Wearable tech - CNET Reviews

11. cyberathlete

cyberathlete PhilMUG Addict Member

12. darrelvalencia

Good day guys, does pebble work on note 3? I've read somewhere its having issues and also will there be pebble 2 coming out? i dont like galaxy gear because of its battery life and its not waterproof :)

13. cyberathlete

No issues naman. Sometimes, you'd need to restart the pebble pero bihira lang, like once per 2 weeks or something. Works great with pebble notifier and pebble dialer.

14. buffy

buffy Member

Cool! Can't wait for my black pebble to arrive and pair it with my note 3.

15. cyberathlete

Found out that the Pebble Dialer sometimes causes the watch to hang because of the quick change in font size. Just wait for it a bit. The Pebble will fix itself after 3-4 mins

16. littlewingz08

Hmmm. Thats pretty weird. Because when im connected with these 2 pebble, i always get 2 messages both for a text message and notification prompts on the watch.

I already deleted the old "pebble" connection and left the pebble-LE alone. Is there a way to have it back on my bluetooth list?

17. littlewingz08

Update. "Pebble" connection now appears on my BT list. All i did was i "forget device" the pebble-LE and paired my phone once again with pebble watch. Text message doesnt show twice on the watch anymore. So its probably just a bug on my case.

18. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

hi guys, planning to buy one. is this advisable for heavy users(knowing that 5S has short battery life)? does the bluetooth connection affect your battery that much?

19. littlewingz08

As per experience, it doesnt affect the battery of my iphone that much. I can still last a day with a single charge on moderate texting, occasional surfing, few minutes of calls and games and bluetooth on the watch for the whole day. Pebble uses a low energy bluetooth functionality. So it wont be a battery hog as most may seem to think of.

20. riderandy

riderandy Member

As per FAQ on getpebble.com,