Things will never be the same....

Discussion in 'General OT' started by abielbad, Apr 9, 2020.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Well, our condo association uses Zoom which is hilarious because you get to see everyone else in their units, some clean, some clean up first, some like they’ve been at it for weeks, some just don’t care. It’s refreshing though because everyone shares the same sentiments and gripes and recommendations to making life bearable in a small box. Oh, and there’s also Zoom-line food delivery packages, face masks, groceries and home accessories, even beauty and personal supplies from enterprising condo-mates. And the occasional tsismis when you’re in one of those sub-group Zooms.

Priceless! (y)

SE20, raypin and eag like this.
  2. Ghibli

Ghibli PhilMUG Addict Member

I remember a day before the cinemas were closed, after work, I immediately went home to shower (after hospital duty) and straight to the cinemas to watch Onwards. I was with my colleague and we noticed that everyone inside the cinema was wearing face masks and was 5-6 seats apart sideways, front and back. For the whole duration watching the movie, we slowly forgot we were in amidst of a pandemic, pure escapism for just a short moment in time. It was totally worth it as it may be my last cinematic experience for months to come.

wulf likes this.
  3. hitme64

Will subsequent mass rallies and demonstrations follow the social distancing guidelines? Will they wear face masks? Will they wear PPEs and face shields when facing with the similarly-dressed police? Will the pushing, shoving, jostling when the demos become heated be replaced by elbowing and shoe-hitting and butt bumps?Will Renato Reyes finally come out of hiding?

These are things that will change the way rallies are held in the future. Maybe microphones won’t be passed around now, instead placards and tarps will do all the talking, or they set up some portable LCD screen that shows the speakers instead.

Apparently, rallies in the USA right now, like in Michigan, are demanding freedom over stay-at-home orders, believing that the coronavirus is just a ploy to deceive Americans, and that these dumbasses would rather be sick than confined to their homes. I can see people later just dropping in their steps, in their homes, exposing themselves to everyone who refuse a face mask or social distancing, and then blame their government for not doing enough. Typical dimwit
    behavior.

raypin and wulf like this.
  4. snipes

snipes Active Member

I'd wager Nikon going into bankruptcy this year.

Sony has their smartphone camera modules and Canon its non-photography divisions to lean on.

Dedicated still cameras will see a lot of consolidations into 1-3 players.

5. hitme64

The way people continue to defy ECQ because they think it’s the better alternative to getting sick, we might as well end up like...
    2E32CB69-31B4-490D-BCC3-A766C554B682.jpeg

Godfather, raypin and Qin Zhi like this.
  6. catalysmic

catalysmic Active Member

Over the Counter Banking.. They'll give priority & serves exclusively..

People wearing a Mask , Gloves & Face Shield maybe a PPE suit too..

But would still make you remove your Hat

For Security purposes =P

7. primo1

primo1 Member

Hoping Fujifilm buys Nikon though. Para meron na sila APS-C, FF, MF.

Well just to be back on topic. Yes the society will change... for the short-medium term. And it will all go back to OLD HABITS. But what I’m hoping for that will never change is the poor Filipino hygiene! Wear face mask if you’re sick, don’t cough or sneeze openly, fall in line properly, and be more self conscious towards other people.

leninmac likes this.
  8. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

I agree!

Friends will beso and hug
    We will share a shot glass again
    Kiss on the first date (if you have the 2nd one scheduled)
    We will be back to asking our kids to kiss a complete stranger (long lost Ninong and Ninang)

Two things I'd love to disappear - boodle fight! yes I'm not a fan, I also hate eating with hands!
    - going to bed directly after reaching home :)

primo1 likes this.
  9. Bulanching

Bulanching Member

Well I agree to that it will all go back to OLD HABITS when it goes back to normal. Hehe this is the Philippines anyway. Nothing new. Same old same old :D

raypin likes this.
  10. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....impound the cars of violators for at least 1 week. Dalhin sa presinto at bigyan ng seminar and for good measure, 100 pushups. Same with trikes, motorcycles etc. Hurt them where it hurts: the wallet. Wala ng warning warning. Matigas ulo eh di palambutin. The .00001 or whatever na di nakakaintimdi will render inutile the self-discipline of the rest of Luzonians. Sabi ng PNP, mahigit 100,000 were caught, given warning or arrested. Sila ang cause kung ma extend na naman ECQ. That includes one relative of mine who is an avid tennis player. He does not understand the deadly serious nature of this contagion. I fear for his family. Just today, he went to the wet market even though a fish vendor can deliver seafood to their house at anytime. SOB....

#70 raypin, Apr 16, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    pandecoco, Godfather and Bulanching like this.
  11. hitme64

No more Jollibee or McDo breakfasts, just the typical sinape at tuyo!
    7DE0998D-015D-4803-9316-14C8C6AE167F.jpeg

When fastfood was a blur then, eating home-cooked meals, even as simple as that, is a joy. Who says it was hard doing so never really understood the mystique of kape over rice anywhere.

pandecoco, raypin, Mykolant and 2 others like this.
  12. Bulanching

Bulanching Member

Well Pilipinas ito. There will always be a "Pasaway". I really like the tag line "Welcome to the Philippines" :D

Hindi "Because Aliens"
    Correct one is "Because Philippines" :ROFLMAO:
    [​IMG]

raypin likes this.
  13. snipes

snipes Active Member

Gopro isn't in good shape as well.

https://petapixel.com/2020/04/16/go...-to-cut-20-of-workforce-retailers-from-sales/

Only camera selling in droves are thermal cameras.

https://cdn.defenseone.com/a/defens...a-market-explodes-coronavirus-spreads/164050/

14. hitme64

You should see the lines of people in the States. No one wears face masks or if they do they wear it inappropriately. No one wants to queue because they’re Americans. Everyone wants to just get out, sun themselves, go boating or fishing, swim or surf the waves, get their roots done and hair cut, buy new clothes, new cars, new gadgets, bear firearms and harass frontliners, blacks, Asians, and Natives because it is their constitutional right as American citizens to be entitled to be free as a white person, free from stay-at-home orders, free from quarantine, free from unemployment, free from disease which many still attribute to just a simple flu or cold.

I just don’t see us Filipinos even a breadth closer to what they are. We may be pasaway in many ways and critical of government but heck, we still know when it is right to do so and when we need to follow what is right. We as so much malign ourselves like cancer and yet we can’t even change the fact that somehow we do care, we need to follow the rules and we want to be free of this disease. That’s what makes us different from anybody else, and unfortunately many do not know that what they’re seeing is themselves in the mirror.

Qin Zhi, mosaka, Mykolant and 3 others like this.
  15. manager

manager Active Member

This was a couple of weeks before NYC locked down.

13511196_web1_katietweet.jpg

Godfather, Ghibli, SE20 and 1 other person like this.
  16. hitme64

Well that went well. She deleted her accounts on Twitter, FB and Instagram. She’s a good kid. Just a moron.

And, that folks, is not what we are. So pleaseeee don’t start now.

17. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

One post-mortem went, "Williams got ratioed out of existence."

You can view the relative ratios above. Eventually she got around 28k comments. But note the 8.5k likes, yeah, she isn't alone.

hitme64 likes this.
  18. hitme64

Look, I get it you’re poor and we’re not. But it doesn’t mean I have to spend for your food and overall existence while I shed blood, sweat and tears doing my job and slaving the whole day or night to feed my own family and give them the basic necessities while you would spend our hard-earned money for buying drugs, doing cock fights, gambling, drinking, or essentially magkamot ng b@y$g niyo. Why do I have, a law-abiding taxpayer, to shell out money just so you can live while you loaf around, mingle with your kumpares, and cry your heart’s out because you have no job and can’t feed your family/s? Then you get your social amelioration funds from our taxpayers’ money, spend it on drugs, and ask for more? You people who just want handovers from us folks who work, work and work? Get off your lazy, child-bearing bodies and do something. You can’t even clean your homes, pick up your empty liquor bottles, throw your trash properly, sweep your surroundings. Now you want us to give more? I get it, you thankless imbeciles, that things should change for your betterment while you still do the same damn stupid things in your miserable lives. And let us workers and taxpayers do all your heavy lifting. We’re not the middle class here. We’re the working slaves of that middle class economy that caters in between to multi-millionaires in their lavish homes and to millions of pakain-kain at patulog-tulog lang in this country.

sibilly, Mykolant, Qin Zhi and 4 others like this.
  19. snipes

snipes Active Member

They aren't students of history and think they can afford treatment.

20. p.pipster

p.pipster PhilMUG Addict Member

I was really looking forward to the following...
    • live in an apartment or townhouse in a city my whole life instead of getting a single-detached home in a suburb
    • walking or commuting to an office and only rent cars on weekends instead of buying and replacing cars every 5 years or so
    • setup a co-working space or some other communal working arrangement like a campus but for free-spirited professionals
    ...and it looks like all of that might not be the best way to live moving forward.