Things will never be the same....

Discussion in 'General OT' started by abielbad, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

took my eldest to our dentist for cleaning and braces adjustment. 2 dentists on full PPE (mask, head / shoes covers, gloves, plastic overalls) attended to him. My son was also asked to wear the same PPE (except mask of course). There’s a PhP600.00 premium for these & the following:

824515B3-B9B7-43E1-B15E-3FB9E54846A0.jpeg
    Noticed though that they’ve stopped accepting healthcare cards. This is fine I guess as they probably need cash now as any other business.

Sunil_K, shifty_md and raypin like this.
  2. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

Given that level of protection used by them and your eldest, I can say that you're lucky they only charged you P600. :)

Sunil_K likes this.
  3. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

^haha yes. Initially I thought it was just temp reading, alcohol & footbath. Was pleasantly surprised when I saw the dentists and my son in full battle gear ;) Clinic now only accepts 3 patients a day. Times have changed.

4. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

Yesterday I just got my third haircut for the year, and it's already mid August. I now space my haircuts two months apart or longer, because of the whole avoiding going to public spaces rule.

I went to my usual barbershop in the mall, the one I've been going to for years. My favorite barber wasn't around due to having not returned yet after resumption of GCQ. So it was my second favorite barber who gave me my fade this time. No complaints, he's almost just as good.

Seeing as there was only me and one other client made me wonder if this barbershop will still be around for long. The mall was very empty, just as it had been in June, when I last went for a haircut.

Monthly haircuts are something I miss very much, something I took for granted before this slow-moving apocalypse. I forgot how good a sharp fade feels. It's amazing how something as simple as a haircut can make you feel brand new. For weeks now, I was somewhat depressed about life, work, and the multitude of problems hiding around the corner, but as the barber buzzed his 0.5 clippers from my temple up to the side of the head, it was like being given new life, renewed hope.

It's amazing how something that was just regular maintenance is now such a coveted luxury.

Just one of those things that will never be the same again during these end times.

cblue03, Qin Zhi, Sunil_K and 9 others like this.
  5. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

6. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...been trying to be mentally tough but with no light at the end of the tunnel.....pffttt!

Not being able to travel is torture.

jetan, Sunil_K, greta87 and 3 others like this.
  7. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm just glad I never developed a fondness for spas and massages.

8. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

I would say let the Darwin Awardees enjoy their prizes, it's nature's way of weeding out the stupid.

But then I remembered which province of China their favorite vacation destination is, and where they enjoy unfettered access 24/7 even during pandemic... Philippines!

See them soon!

Qin Zhi, Sunil_K, raypin and 2 others like this.
  9. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

greta87 likes this.
  10. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Likewise. But I badly miss going to the gym though. :unsure:

11. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

We're still here amigo. I'm still lurking, maybe visiting less often than I used to, but still I remain. I've also learned that I appreciate listening and reading others' insights such as yours all the more now rather than speak, especially when I really do not have anything meaningful to say. When I feel the need for some unique sarcasm, snide remarks, verbal bodyslams and the occasional putdowns, I go here. You amigos never fail to deliver. And I thank you for that, whether from when I was still there or now here abroad.

And if I'm being honest, since we're so far and few now as of late, one thing that kinda left a bad taste in my mouth was the endless barrage of shoe posts. It was just... ugghh. It's like, instead of being a meeting of the minds for all things Apple as the community was originally envisioned for, we just transformed into an Adidas / Nike forum. I know it's petty, but that's just me personally. I hope no one crucifies me for saying that out in the open. And I apologize in advance if I may have offended anyone here by saying that.

12. wuyckie

wuyckie Member

Will there be any discrimination or sentiment to those who reject the vaccine in 2021?

13. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mm...it is like the raging debate in the US between those who are for masking and those who are not. I expect the same level of dynamic situation here once a vaccine arrives. My feeling is those that belong to the most vulnerable demographics should be forced to get the vaccine. Companies should require vaccination as a requirement for continued employment. It should not be controversial since there are already existing requirements or precedents for vaccination before being allowed entry to certain countries. Same with govt employees. Right to privacy is vastly outweighed by the benefits of mass immunization to public health.

14. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

So far and so few now is true. I guess things will never be the same in this forum also

Mykolant likes this.
  15. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

I miss going to the gym and having zenya massage or going to island spa in jupiter.

Well there was an uptick in new members around april until now for those ordering ipad / macbooks that were fretting about shipping, DHL, credit cards, etc. but other than that they don't post in the other threads. I've likewise stop posting in the Covid thread and just browse through the forum.

Quarantine life is hard in a way, the luxury of going to a barber shop or gym, etc. is not available to us anymore. But i count my blessings and do not complain as i can still take a walk or jog around a safe neighborhood. Can have food delivered by foodpanda or grab. Have stuff delivered through Lazada and Amazon. There's no need to be "woke" and be an online activist on the state of things, but try to help out within your circle and be kind to others whether in real life or online. Spread positivity and help out in small ways, be grateful for things as it is and as it could be worse. Pray, love others, and do good even amidst all the bad things happening in the world and in the Philippines. Things will be better. Choose good, be good and stay good.

Of course the woke people would say the above statement is coming from a place of privilige, but i thank God for giving me this privilege, worked hard for it and helping people in my own little ways. e.g. Sending monetary help to my cleaning lady regularly since lockdown as i'd rather not have anybody cleaning my condo now. Giving goods and food to the condo staff regularly helps. tipping the delivery guys, etc.

The government can do more and be more, but what one can do is to help out in whatever way they can be it big or small ways.

Godfather, raypin and greta87 like this.
  16. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

better activate the NBA forum. Lebron is on the lakers now. ha ha. i'm presuming we're cheering for the same team now

17. pochiman

pochiman PhilMUG Addict Member

Of course sir @greta87! I proudly carry Lebron's jockstrap whenever possible. Where he goes, I go. Hehehe! Go Lakers!!!

greta87 likes this.