1. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

@bulakbol: You can either use a credit card or use Paypal to get SimPoints. Me, I'll just take the free stuff they offer; like the Prius, the Fanta Ref, and the Lord Sponge Gear.

2. aya

aya New Member

I bought the game last Wed. Installed fine. But when I tried registering it, it said that my registration code was invalid. The package was only opened when I checked the CD in Datablitz. I tried getting help from EA but it appears that I have to register as well to be able to use their email function. Datablitz says they will try to help but from the way the conversation went, I don't think feel like they can help resolve the problem. Any advice would be much appreciated.

3. whirled

whirled Member

I can't register as well. Whenever I submit the registration form, I get the "oops! can't process request" page. Anyone registered their game successfully or having the same problem?

4. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

Regarding the disk authorization errors, I found this on http://twitter.com/thesims3 in their update of June 4 at 1024AM:

"Info on Disc Authentication Failure Errors: http://tinyurl.com/phz9ov"

That tinyurl link leads to the Sims3 Forum with this post made by a Sims3/EA dev:

5. aya

aya New Member

Thanks a lot.

I've tried loading to all the household computers and it did not work. Will have to visit the MATSHTA forums then. I'm not a techie so it looks like I will have a big problem if I need to tinker.
    :-(

How unfortunate that a lot of people are experiencing this.

6. theglamorousboi

REALLY?

I bought an original version, I even registered it online and downloaded the official patch via Mac. My system is a whitebook, 2 GB Ram, lotsa hard drive space available, intel gma x3100 video card. And the lag is sooooo....frustrating.

My god, the RELOADED pirated version of it runs smoother via bootcamp. I don't know if it's just me though.

7. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

I tried it but the US is the only country registered for credit card payments and even payments via PayPal.

8. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

@theglamorousboi:

Please watch your use of the "p" word. Thanks.

9. vic2rp

vic2rp Active Member

What's the best setting for blackbook. Mine is crawling. I can't play the game properly. The resolution is really bad. There were so many "jaggies" all over.

My specs is 2.2 Ghz, 4GB and GMA X3100.

10. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

@vic2rp: I've turned down nearly all the graphic settings and I run no other programs except for it. Graphics are fine, speed is fine. Try tweaking the settings in options.

11. mig

mig Active Member

The pirated version runs smoother because you're using it under Windows. Install it under Windows and it'll run better.

12. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Folks, let's all be reminded of PhilMUG's stand concerning pirated software (and other things), okay?

13. mig

mig Active Member

No worries. Just pointing out the fact that it will always run better under Windows, given the same specs. :)

14. twonavels

twonavels Member

I googled and found out that for OS X, you need 2GB ram for a decent SIMS3 performance. Oh well, no SIMS3 for my late 2006 imac.

15. Bulakbol

Bulakbol Active Member

Is it legal to install it in more than 1 Mac? Not sure if this is allowed by EA.

16. ro.gandeza

ro.gandeza Member

We have exactly the same specs but the game runs smoothly. You just have to set the graphic settings at the lowest level (but still aesthetically game-able). One thing I noticed though, you can really hear the fan at its maximum performance! :eek:

17. rafaelc378

rafaelc378 Active Member

Have any of you guys gotten anything off of TheSims3.com Store or the Exchange? All I've gotten is the free stuff from the store. Nothing from the exchange yet.

I still have the stock trailer house, but I've upgraded a lot of my gear. I'm in the Law Enforcement Career track, right now as an undercover investigator. Am going thru people's trash to write up intel reports. Haha.

18. chubisco

chubisco Member

I also got this the first time I loaded the game, but eventually, I was able to bypass it. It's crazy but, I got rid of the error message when I reloaded the game without the CD and only popped the CD in when the prompt for inserting it came on. The disk authorization notice didn't show up after this. I have the MATSHTA DVD-R UJ-857E drive by the way, so I guess it's not only the MATSHTA DVD-RAM UJ-841S that's problematic.

#118 chubisco, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  19. pmgmendoza

pmgmendoza New Member

im running it in mac os x with my 1st gen aluminum macbook on high settings. runs smoothly for me :D i got the collectors edition

20. aldrich_Chu

aldrich_Chu Member

its been an hour and my sims 3 is not done updating.... :(