The Restaurants Review and Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Food' started by raypin, Nov 23, 2012.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

wow, ribs eh? Raypin, the only Chinese-sounding resto i know there is Ma Mon Luk, the purveyor of the first siopao and mami combo and a childhood fave (once, when they were in Aurora, Cubao)

2. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

• Name of Restaurant (including branch): Wholesome Table, Bonifacio High Street
    • Food Quality (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4 - quality food, prepared really well, organized, the works
    • Food Variety(Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4.5 - lots of choices, appetizers, salads, sandwiches, pizza, main course, etc
    • Service (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 5 - lots of servers, very knowledgeable, there's a server every 2 meters
    • Ambiance (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 5 - pretty cozy place, not too cramped, just right
    • Cleanliness (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 5 - place was well maintained, bathroom looked squeaky clean, too
    • Price (Rating scale: 1 (Inexpensive) to 5 (Expensive): 3.5 - a little bit more on the high side, average main course is 500 bucks
    • Overall Value (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4 burgre worth craving for
    • Comments or Opinions: For those that are into this (organic, vegan, no pesticides, grass-fed, etc), this is heaven for you guys. Our friends suggested this place. I'm not really into the whole scene, I kinda rolled my eyes when I heard that was the food they were serving (I ordered the pork chops, hahaha!), but they do serve quality food. Servings were huge, you do get what you pay for. They had 2 craft beers on tap, the one I got, Indian Pale All, tasted like beer that had ice that melted into it already. That was the only downside on the visit. I enjoyed it, not sure if I'll go back though, since I'm okay with clogging my arteries with bad food (not exactly what you'd want to hear from a doctor) I do have to give them props for coming up with such a snazzy place, and backing it up, too.

3. ransom

ransom PhilMUG Addict Member

^^^^ I take it the owner wasn't around? That would've reason enough to give the place straight 5s

4. greta87

greta87 PhilMUG Addict Member

^ I went there a few times last month since we had 2 sets of visitors that were into vegan/organic food. & like you, I enjoyed my meals. Was expecting bland fare but was pleasantly surprised. There's another organic resto in the makati area called, Earth 56 located along Jupiter from the same people behind Earth kitchen. Amusingly, it's at a senior wellness center so don't be surprised finding yourself dining with a good number of senior citizens. Pretty good food as well. Been going back there for their kebabs.

5. samcc

samcc New Member

@ raypin the only ribs place I know near banawe is red baron hehe There's a lot of good eats in banawe nowadays! :)

6. docjbr

• Name of Restaurant (including branch): Silantro, Kapitolyo, Pasig City
    • Food Quality (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4.5 - great food, more than average serving size
    • Food Variety(Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4 - typical mexican choices, variety with the tacos, not just beef
    • Service (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 3.5 - not so jolly servers, but it was a hot day, they must've been tired lang
    • Ambiance (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4 - we ate outside, kinda warm, and some flies, but hey, you can kinda feel like you're eating at some authentic taco truck
    • Cleanliness (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 3.5 - didn't get to go inside, had to give this grade because of the flies, but we can blame Metro Manila for that, hahaha
    • Price (Rating scale: 1 (Inexpensive) to 5 (Expensive): 4.75 -value for money! Our total bill was P510.00
    • Overall Value (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4.5 - I'd recommend this if you want your Mexican fix
    • Comments or Opinions: We got the nachos as an appetizer (huge serving), my wife got the quesadillas, which she liked a lot, and came with a huge side of fries (could've skipped the nachos na pala dapat). The tacos, we got the beef and the lamb, both were really good. These would be priced double if you went to other Mexican joints. I wish I had a Corona with these, though, but just didn't feel like it at that time. Thumbs up!
    [​IMG]

Lorenz69, raypin and Chito Limson like this.
  7. docjbr

• Name of Restaurant (including branch): Kettle, SM Aura, Taguig City
    • Food Quality (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4.0 - go here for the buttermilk fried chicken!!!
    • Food Variety(Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4.5 - more than average number of choices
    • Service (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4.5 - great service, always someone there to help with your requests
    • Ambiance (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4.5 - country feel, but with a little bit of modern thrown in
    • Cleanliness (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4.5 - still looks pretty new, it was hot outside, but definitely cool while we ate
    • Price (Rating scale: 1 (Inexpensive) to 5 (Expensive): 3.75 - a little on the expensive side, maybe around 400-600 per head
    • Overall Value (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 3.75 - I know, weird, all my scores were above 4 but the total is 3.75. The saving grace was definitely the buttermilk fried chicken
    • Comments or Opinions: If you want buttermilk fried chicken, go here for the buttermilk fried chicken. The french onion soup was okay, my mom liked the clam chowder. We ordered for sharing, instead of per person, since we wanted to try most of their recommendations. The pork and potato strips were a delight, though in the end, I felt like we were eating "picnic" and bacon, but hey, it was still great. The truffle gorgonzola, I don't know how you can go wrong with truffle... maybe if you put too little? This wasn't that great. The Mac and Cheese wasn't great either, but my niece wanted that. The sides were okay, especially the corn muffin. The US Angus Short Ribs, the ribs that you get at Banapple are better, at more than half the price. I still liked the place, though, but when we come back, we know what to order, and what not to get.

raypin likes this.
  8. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm....I prefer my tacos as hubad. Nothing but great flour or corn soft tacos and great meaty filling. Authentic L.A.-style. I could easily wolf down a dozen, with a bottle of Mexican beer, my fave, Corona. To take care of pesky flies, I always request a couple of lighted, unscented candles placed on the table.

9. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Name of Restaurant (including branch): Shaburi Shabu-Shabu (BGC Uptown Mall)
    Food Quality (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4
    Food Variety(Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 3
    Service (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 3.5
    Ambiance (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 3.5
    Cleanliness (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4
    Price (Rating scale: 1 (Inexpensive) to 5 (Expensive): 3 (Around P800/person)
    Overall Value (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4
    Comments: lately, I've had cravings for shabu-shabu. The SS in Shaburi is just delicious. They serve thinly-sliced premium beef (wagyu etc.).
    But what got me was their soup/cooking broth (they have 5). Ask for a tasting platter so you can properly choose (fresh pot cost Php75 extra).
    Ang sarap, specially the spicy miso and the Konbu (original broth). On the veggie front, they serve
    fresh veggies and a trio of fresh mushrooms. The shabu-shabu dipping sauce is delicious (suggest mixing two parts shabu shabu dipping sauce and one
    part ponzu and spice it up with garlic, siling labuyo, grated ginger). Small restaurant so reservation is suggested. Download Booky app (favorite new app)
    for seamless reservation and Php100.00 off (Php 1,000 min.). Love the induction cooker they use. You can fine-tune the cooking process. The emphasis here, unlike Tong Yang, is not quantity but the quality and freshness of ingredients. The veggie table is equipped with a misting machine to keep the veggies fresh and cool. Here's my method: heat the broth. Add veggies and mushroom. Nothing else. Turn off induction cooker. You end up with a clean tasting soup, specially with the Konbu, that you can enjoy as a starter (to whet the appetite). After that, add everthing else and enjoy a hearty and delicious meal. Since matakaw ako, I ordered and finished 15 trays of their wagyu and tasty beef. For a less hearty appetite, 6 to 7 trays per head is suggested. No waste even though all you can eat.

Here is a review from youtube.

#109 raypin, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
    hitme64, docjbr and greta87 like this.
  10. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

Name of Restaurant (including branch): Muragame Udon (Glorietta 4 Food Court)
    Food Quality (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4
    Food Variety(Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4
    Service (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4
    Ambiance (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 3.5
    Cleanliness (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 4
    Price (Rating scale: 1 (Inexpensive) to 5 (Expensive): 2.5 (Around P200 - 300/person)
    Overall Value (Rating scale: 1 (poor) to 5 (Excellent): 5
    Comments: Excellent udon dishes. They also have different varieties of freshly made katsu that you can add on to your order. I really liked the beef ontama udon. There is a long line. Expect to wait for about 10 - 15 minutes before you can actually order.

[​IMG]

#110 lamski, Mar 21, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  11. lamski

lamski PhilMUG Addict Member

For the last couple of weekends, I've been visiting Muragame for my udon fix. I've been picking different items on their menu, and I've come up with my favourites:
    1. Beef Ontama - their flagship udon dish. This is a must-try for first timers.
    2. Spicy pork udon - the spicy-sour soup really makes you want to dig in. Too bad it doesn't have a large version.
    3. Pork Samurai - the big, thick slice of tender pork chasyu elevates this dish.
    4. runner up - spicy curry udon - if you want your Japanese curry fix.

Sunil_K, hitme64, Theus and 1 other person like this.
  12. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Meat? Who's talking about meat?
    29595425_2016244538641481_9204481163566771569_n.jpg

Sunil_K, lamski and raypin like this.