The power bank thread

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by penmanila, Dec 20, 2012.

1. docjbr

docjbr PhilMUG Addict Member

Just read up on the last few pages of this thread. On my most recent trips, I realized that a powerbank is a huge necessity. So I’m planning to invest in a 20,000 mAh powerbank. Best brand to get and where?

2. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

#2382 raypin, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    docjbr likes this.
  3. mcarlos223

mcarlos223 Member

4. warlica

warlica Member

What’s the best wireless charging powerbank in the market? I’d like to know if it’s a good idea since I found a couple at shopee but they seem too cheap I’m not sure if they’re safe

5. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Also on the prowl for a good qi wireless charging powerbank. I'm leaning towards getting the Mi Wireless Charger Powerbank.

6. ramil

ramil Active Member

Are there restrictions for bringing large capacity powerbanks (> 10,000 mAh) during flights? Should they be placed in the carry on or in the checked in luggage?

7. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

^ Check your airlines' website

Example for Eva Air:
    https://www.evaair.com/en-us/managing-your-trip/other-information/restrictions/#

• Limitation for Spare Batteries and Portable Battery Supply Device (Power Bank) : Carry-on baggage only and do not place in check-in baggage! Pack Individually: The battery terminals are protected from short circuits, e.g. by placing each battery in its own protective case, by taping over exposed terminals or by placing in plastic bag. For lithium metal batteries the lithium metal content must not exceed 2 grams and for lithium ion batteries the Watt-hour rating must not exceed 100 watt hours. Power Banks are prohibited from carrying if they are not clearly marked with specifications or values.
    The calculation for rated power is: Wh = mAh / 1000 x Volt
    Example-- A 20,000 mAh mobile power bank with a voltage rating of 3.7V, then its rated energy is 20000mAh/1000* 3.7V=74Wh.​
    • With the Approval of the Airlines : Maximum two 100Wh-160Wh spare lithium-ion batteries (including Portable Battery Supply Device and Power Bank) per person may be carried in a carry-on baggage on board. Any lithium-ion battery that is over 160Wh is prohibited aboard the plane. The batteries must be of a type which meets the requirements of each test in the UN Manual of Tests and Criteria, Part III, subsection 38.3. For battery-powered wheelchairs/mobility aids, please refer to Personal Wheelchairs and Other Assistive Devices for more information.

raypin, Roman, Theus and 1 other person like this.