The power bank thread

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by penmanila, Dec 20, 2012.

1. mmanson

mmanson Member

saw the stall yesterday. yes its located near the escalator to sm makati in front of toys r us (i think). the 20100mah power core is about 2.9k pesos, the aluminum (as indicated by the staff there) 10k mah is about 2.4k pesos and the 10400mah white colored pb is yep, 1.6k pesos. It also have powerports and cables

2. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

3. chinita_0618

chinita_0618 New Member

I got it from one of the stores named " Blue" (if I remember right?) in Electroworld in Trinoma...P880.00 for the 10050mah. They have all the colors there.

4. mree

mree Well-Known Member

How did you dispose of your powerbank? I have a couple at home which I have never used, and they've been sitting there for years. Although I think they're safe, I think it's better to just dispose of them because I know those are cheap power banks because I got them from Duty Free as a freebie and the other one was a fake Xiaomi gift.

Does anyone know if the Asus ZenPower is a reputable power bank? If I'll get a new one, I want to make sure it's assembled safely.

5. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

#2325 raypin, Oct 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2016
    Yagbolz likes this.
  6. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

1 year use of asus zenpower. Safe and still tops up my iphone 6s+ 3.5-4 times from 30-40% battery :)

7. maRian

maRian Member

Hopefully anyone with Anker can provide me feedback and help to the following:

1. I've got 20100 Powercore, first time I bought, it has still stock charge. So I've used it, but until 1 light only and it doesn't charge anymore properly. Do I have to habitually drain it until the last light out or should retain 1 light?

2. I've bought CDR-King 2 in 1 USB charger, 1 port is 2.1A and other is 1A. So I've tried using it to charge the Anker w/ the 2.1A port. An hour later I checked the charging and noticed that Anker was overly heated than normal (compared with the one when I used the 2.1A Apple charger). So I disconnected and noticed a slight burnt smell on the CDR-King charger. Should I be worried of damaging the Anker (and carried on damaging my devices by charging on Anker) on that mistake?

TIA all.

8. mojako

mojako Member

Here is a comparison between a Momax 11200mah powerbank vs. the Asus Zenpower 10000mah (795php) powerbank.

Charging an ipad 3

Asus Zenpower
    1.31a x 4.92v = 6.44w

[​IMG]

Momax
    1.74a x 5.05v = 8.78w

[​IMG]

9. mojako

mojako Member

Charging my 2015 macbook thru a USB-A to USB-C Cable

Momax
    1.93a x 5.04v = 9.72w

[​IMG]

Asus Zenpower
    1.58a x 4.86v = 7.67w

[​IMG]

10. b0gni

b0gni Member

Saw a bigger Anker stall (compared to the Glorietta one) in Cyberzone SM Sta. Mesa. Roughly 4x the area space and 2x the inventory.

11. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

Im looking for this specific Anker product. Does anyone know where to find it?

A1310012_TD01.jpg

12. mojacko

mojacko Member

Hi guys,

I own 2 10,000mAh Mi Powerbanks (from Lazada Flush Sale). OK naman performance nya. But I decided to buy a 20,000mAh Romoss Sense 6 for long travels.

I bought my Romoss from Asianic (in SM Sucat) for 999. Question, authorized vendor naman ang Asianic ng Romoss products noh? Cause I want to make sure na authentic nabili ko. Unlike Mi products, wala kasing way to verify online if authentic ung Romoss product na nabili ko.

I emailed Romoss support and they said na ung anti-counterfeit feature nila is available for products manufactured June 2016 onwards. However, ung nabili ko manufactured last January 2016. So the only way to verify is through the vendor which is Asianic.

13. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

You should avoid CD R King chargers, they could burn your house. No joke...

Anmi likes this.
  14. mojako

mojako Member

Hi katukayo
    Yes asianic sells real romoss products. I actually chanced upon the owner in olx, he can give you discounts

15. sandybridge_guy

sandybridge_guy PhilMUG Addict Member

I need a suggestion for an Anker Powerbank.
    We'd be home soon and the last thing I would want is both of our 7 Pluses running out of juice.
    Factor in a scenario where a sister or brother would like to charge his/her phone with us as well.
    Factor in the fact that I have 8 other siblings, although I bet my left nut all of them won't go out of juice at the same time :D

16. mmanson

mmanson Member

bought pineng 20000mah from lazada. it can fully charge my iphone 6 twice and samsung tab S 8 inch twice at full charge.

17. mojacko

mojacko Member

Katukayo! Hehe. Thanks sa pag-confirm! :) Nagbebenta din ba sila ng powerbank case?

18. vrl29

vrl29 Member

I believe this is the Anker Powercore 10050. There are stocks of this item at Anker Glorietta branch.

19. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Is the Jaguar brand ok?

20. mojacko

mojacko Member

Hi Guys,

Where can i buy a case for 20,000mAh Romoss Sense6?

4p0se likes this.