The power bank thread

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by penmanila, Dec 20, 2012.

1. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

Got my ASUS ZenPower as well today and it's my first one. Pretty happy with it. Just a question though, do you fully drain your powerbanks before charging or do you charge them whenever an outlet is available, regardless if it still has some power left? Thanks!

2. CruciaL

CruciaL Well-Known Member

Bilis ng Lazada sakin. Next day delivery of my asus powerbank. Like from my Mi3 and xiaomi powerbank :D

3. bhoyetjumpay

bhoyetjumpay Well-Known Member

i think this apply to all power banks, as recommended by xiaomi, prior to using for the first time, please fully charge the power bank even though it has factory charge left. also i don't fully drain before charging it, usually i charge when it reaches more or less 25% of the battery juice :)

4. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

^ I was too excited with it and I tried it out for about 5 minutes or so before the first charge. I only stopped when I read the manual and it indeed said that it had to be charged first before using for the first time. LOL. Hopefully it doesn't have any bearing.

5. denpacs

denpacs PhilMUG Addict Member

FYI. Lazada is going to have a Mi Powerbank Sale again today @ 12 noon. Both the 5000 & 10400 mAh will be on sale but I think the prices are now quite higher this time (649 & 849 respectively). As far as I could remember, I only bought the 10400 mAh before for only 649. :)

6. aragonjr

aragonjr New Member

I'm using Bavin 18,000 mah. A bit heavy though but somehow happy kasi hindi sya umiinit pag naka charge.

7. juristantrum

juristantrum Active Member

PowerCore galore!

[​IMG]

Ravenmd likes this.
  8. calimaki

calimaki New Member

Somebody gave us a Samsung powerbank for Christmas. I found it odd that it's 50800 mah; didn't think any powerbank came with that spec. I tested it and charged my iPad 2 (iPad's power had completely gone out). 83% pa lang ang nachacharge sa iPad, 0% na ang power left sa powerbank. Is this a fake?

9. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

yes,50,800% :)

raypin likes this.
  10. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

my Native Union Jump Cable is dead...or almost dead-ish considering it can only fast charge my iPhone to 10% rather than its original 20% charge...

i emailed NU for an explanation and got their reply so fast i have to go out and find an LBC outlet...apparently they can replace my Jump Cable so all i need is to send it back to them (even if i bought this from BTB)

Ok, so for the next 2-3 months i'm waiting for a replacement i'll be using this Romoss Powerbank even if it's almost as large as the iP6S-Plus...

11. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Consider buying a power bank with at least two USB-C ports to allow faster charging of your power bank and the ability to charge Macs with USB-C ports and future iPads and iPhones that have Lighting to USB-C cables.

If you fly often check how much mAh the airline, airport and country will allow as your check-in or carry on.

Largest mAh battery capacity of any known (or rumored) Apple product

10,307mAh - 2015 iPad Pro
    8,755mAh - 2015 15" Macbook Pro Retina
    7,150mAh - 2015 13" MacBook Air
    6,783mAh - 2015 13" Macbook Pro Retina
    5,263mAh - 2015 Macbook
    5,100mAh - 2015 11" MacBook Air
    3,100mAh - 2016 iPhone 7 (Hopefully the non-Plus)

I am using Thai Airways info graphic as it is easy to understand. This is in line with IATA and Philippine Airlines.

[​IMG]

#2291 yoh_hectic, Jan 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
    happosai and rage30 like this.
  12. mmanson

mmanson Member

do you guys have any reviews on pineng or romoss powerbanks? are they good? especially thier 20000 mah ones

13. bhoyetjumpay

you can consider also the xiaomi / mi 20,000 mAh power bank.

14. coolpix32

coolpix32 Active Member

I have Romoss and Xiaomi powerbanks though not the 20k man types. Both brands are good, however, I find that Xiaomi is better in terms of accuracy of available charge.

15. lsalapare

lsalapare Well-Known Member

Ever since I upgraded my BB Q10 to iPhone 6s, I never had the chance to use my Mi Powerbank anymore. 2 of my powerbanks are now in my drawer and probably collecting dust. LTE is turned on all the time pero matagal pa rin ma-lowbatt.

16. mmanson

mmanson Member

thanks sir bhoyet and coolpix

17. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

I even saw a fake Romoss 70,000 mAh powerbank back in December when my boss was duped into buying a dozen units from his golf club trophy supplier for less than a thousand bucks each. Before buying, he told me about it and I immediately knew it was fake. Since my boss was in a bit of a rush to procure prizes for their club xmas party, he went ahead and bought them. When I saw the unit, everything was screaming fake... plain brown box, shoddy workmanship and the Romoss logo that appeared to have been silk-screened on the plastic casing. And yes, it did say 70,000 mAh

These fakes are really out there, so better be safe than sorry and buy trusted/original stuff... specially with things that carry a whole lot of electricity in them :)

18. mongkee

mongkee Well-Known Member

I've been using powerbanks for quite some time... So far back that I can safely say that I'm probably the first person to use such devices here in my department (and I'm in an IT department BTW). But one thing I realized over the years is that eventually, the unit's portability became more of a priority for me than capacity. I started out with the early 13000+ mAh powerbanks and they were really huge and weighed down on my EDC. Until now, I stick to the low-mid capacities just to manage the weight it adds to my stuff.

So now I'm looking forward to the new models from Yoobao (and I guess other brands as well) that's a lot thinner by using lithium polymer (li-poly) batteries. For use in powerbanks, these things can be shaped into thinner-sized units so that's what i'm hoping to get soon. I've had some experience using li-poly batteries back in my airsoft days and the only problem then is special chargers had to be used to charge them. But if they're using these on powerbanks now, i guess there's no need to worry about that anymore

19. ZeroCool

ZeroCool Active Member

I just bought Xiaomi 5000mah Powerbank.. according to the manual, i have to fully charged it before first use. After charging it for 6 hours, It is still not 100% fully charged (Led 4 not lit). Is it normal?

20. bhoyetjumpay

usually mine get fully charged about 5 hours using iphone charger.

try to reset the power bank

press the power button for more than 15 secs.

after that drain the power bank and charge again. the power bank should fully charge

HiluxVigo04 and ZeroCool like this.