The PLDT FIBR Thread

Discussion in 'Networking, Telcos and ISPs' started by King, May 26, 2009.

1. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Thank you, but it didn't work. In fact, not one of the credentials leaked online works.

Having access to it is superficial as it is in bridge mode. But it does help being able to see the modem status.

2. Paeng

Paeng Member

I think PLDT restricted this to prevent unauthorized access to their ONU settings, but I recall before you can request this to their customer service. Just let them know what is your purpose in accessing the ONU.

3. oj88

The ONU has different levels of access. IIRC, the one I had was user-level only and all it can do is monitor. There are no important settings that I could change that would affect, much less, brick the modem.

4. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

Is yours a FiberHome modem? If so, have you tried logging in using those leaked credentials from https://[ONU IP]/fh instead of just https://[ONU IP]? Apparently that made a difference when I tried it on mine.

I was also locked out once when PLDT remotely changed all credentials on my ONU. I was somehow able to recover them by logging into the "super admin" user and enabling telnet on it, then tried out a couple of commands I saw on YouTube. I honestly cannot believe you can actually recover passwords (in plaintext!!!) on this via the telnet method.

5. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

[​IMG]

Up... up and away...

I'm faster than Romania! Inching towards Singapore!

macjobber and raypin like this.
  6. pepspeps

pepspeps PhilMUG Addict Member

So... I got my KaAsenso 2099 (60Mbps) installed this morning. Modem leased is the same as my Globe Fiber's. We got the 1st slot on the new NAP box (see 2nd photo), the old one (black) is already full.

Looks promising as I get 2.5x of the subscribed speed (due to PLDT boost most likely). Will terminate our existing grandfathered TriplePlay 3500 (with Cignal), savings of 1,400 monthly.

What surprised me is that I get public IPv4 (dynamic non-CGNAT). I was already prepared to tunnel all of my external services via Argo if got CGNAT'd, so that will be put on hold for now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

King likes this.
  7. King

Congrats!

Be aware that you can transition your out of contract account with TriplePlay 3500 plan to Asenso Fibr 2099 plan and retain landline #.

Thank you for posting speedtest results. Looks like I'll be getting over 100Mbps on Asenso Fibr 1999.

As over 100Mbps is too much I could try my luck with Asenso Fibr 1599. 35Mbps advertised speed may be more than targeted 50Mbps.

#1867 King, May 9, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
    pepspeps likes this.
  8. pepspeps

pepspeps PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes, I'm aware of the transfer process. However, I want to have it installed in the new facility because the old one seems flaky for the past year. The installer also said that it is much better to be in the new NAP box. Landline number is not important to us since we do not use it at all.

I think you can get away with the 1599 if the facility in your area is not crowded. The new NAP box in our location was already installed more than 6 months ago and we're the first connection to it. Good indicator that it is not crowded in our area.

King likes this.
  9. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

why the Kaasenso plan seems cheaper or more speed than normal Fibr plan?
    and it comes with free tri-net calls?

can we switch to it for residential address?

10. King

sole proprietorship or partnership can apply for that plan. You just need the paperwork they listed on their website.

be mindful of your next SOA. Pldt is known to VAT ex some plans to extract more money from you.

I know dti prohibits this behavior

#1870 King, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
  11. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

This may be off topic

"Exciting news! Cignal will soon provide Broadband services nationwide with its Broadband over Satellite service. Internet available everywhere. Launching on May 15. Abangan."
    @iamMVP, Twitter May 6, 2021

Exciting indeed. I hope it will be a cost efficient service.

12. King

Needs to be cheaper than starlink. Nice thing with starlink is that quality of service is US grade…. Not MVP Grade

rdy0329, raypin and antski like this.
  13. oj88

Traditional satellite internet will always be more expensive due to the limited bandwidth and slots on the satellites themselves. They're only going to be economically-viable for areas where no other method of internet access is available.... in the middle of nowhere type scenarios.

Cignal has not disclosed which satellite will serve this. If they're going to use the SES-7 satellite, its 36,000 km orbit is going to be bad for latency.

Starlink sorted that out by having hundreds of satellites orbiting in a mesh at an average altitude of just 550 km. It will eventually grow to tens of thousands to cover most of the whole world. However, Starlink has a steep on-boarding cost of $499 for the kit you need to install in your home. And then it's $99 per month. Beta testers now are getting as high as 100 mbps @31 ms latency which is as good, if not better than many land-based access. But it remains to be seen if that level of performance will be maintained once they open it up to the general public, and later, to the world.

One thing is for certain, there'll be a lot more frustrated amateur and pro astronomers in the coming years....

https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/24/...lite-internet-constellation-astronomy-coating

[​IMG]

raypin likes this.
  14. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

last time I visit HK, that was 2 years ago, I visited an openhouse, the bldg has built in wifi networks (yes networks not just one but all 4 major telco in HK), every floor to covers every single corners, Wifi5 and wifi6 ready, I got 900mbps inside the unit, so if you have an mobile phone then you can connects to your network wifi like inside the fast moving MTR cabin,

I asked what if I need a line connection? a landline? it scratch the head of the salesman, after he asked the manager, we can have a wired connection to the house and imagine same number as your mobile phone which switch to the landline connection when you are home, and they shows me a wireless modem that they will program to connects to the floor switchbox and a fixed line from there to computer, if needed, parang baliktad sa what we having which is fibr to house then wireless out, they are wireless to house then wire if needed,

btw upto 10gb speed daw for enhanced subscription,

15. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm…kahit saan sulok ng HK meron good signal. Kahit sa ilalim ng dagat (cross channel tunnels). Really first world internet. For many years (visited maybe 15 times), I remained envious and this was 4G or even 3G puwede mag netflix. Now with 5G, the average consumer there are served well (sulit). We are somewhat catching up. I m glad that the Fiber service I have is more than satisfactory but mobile is still sorely lacking. Maybe we ll get HK level service in another 10 years time.

16. King

Thank you for pointing out the quality of service that PLDT/Globe/etc will eventually have because they do not follow Starlink's deployment strategy.

To offset this lower quality of service then it cannot be more expensive than Starlink.

17. REDcrazy

REDcrazy Well-Known Member

18. manager

manager Active Member

The Deco series is great.

You can get the same system much cheaper outside PLDT.

19. Paeng

Paeng Member

We are using 2pcs Deco M4 & it is performing well eliminating dead spots in our home (3-story house).
    Only the Deco app can control the Mesh units as the web UI is block by the custom firmware of PLDT.
    Also did an ethernet backhaul to have stable & faster connection rather than via WiFi connection.

20. oj88

Just a sanity check from anyone who is on PLDT Fibr.... are you able to access imgur.com?

In my tests, all other avenues of access (Globe, VPN to another country) can see imgur.... But not so from "clean" Fibr.

DNS resolves to it but ping and traceroute fails.