The PLDT FIBR Thread

Discussion in 'Networking, Telcos and ISPs' started by King, May 26, 2009.

1. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

I hope PLDT offically bumps up plan 1899 to 50Mbps by the month my contract ends with them so I can lower cost.

I do not want more Mbps at the same Peso.

I want more Mbps per Peso.

2. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

My plan is 300mbps, but i'm getting 500mbps download and upload of 1gigabit.

Hero33, raypin and King like this.
  3. King

I read somewhere that TEL does this to juice the speedtest.net/ rankings. Boost you up for a week or two then put you back to default.

More throughput than what you actually need is awesome to have but money could be put to other use like more frequent holidays.

4. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...I agree..moving forward, they need (not just PLDT) to bump up the speed for the same price. At the moment, we have some of the most expensive plans in the world. Needs a lot of improvement.

5. King

I am for common sense regulation that maintains health & safety for everyone. Over regulation to stiffile competition and innovation is just plain dumb.

I put 80% of the blame on red tape as a result of over regulation.

Too much regulatory friction so govt can protect special interests, extract more tax revenue from consumer and corruption money from SOP.

If I were to hazard a guess WiFi Calling, VoWiFi and VoLTE were delayed by over 6 years because of this.

Same reason why number portability could never occur. Govt-assigned mobile # prefixes prevented it from being implemented.

In a Congressional hearing prior to 2016 TEL and GLO execs mentioned that 1-2 dozen permits they need to complete to put up 1 cel tower. Quickest turn around is 6 months. This increases cost while limits network capacity to what we've been suffering with for the past 3 decades or more.

Because of COVID govt was forced to reduce it to 1 building permit nation-wide and another permit from airport authorities if the tower is near a runway.

Deployment is now done in record time. For example Dito's timeline projection for a purely 4G/5G network coverage
    • Year 1 - 37% of the population or 1,600 out of 4,325 cell sites
    • Year 5 - 84% of the population or my guess of 3,633 out of 4,325 cell sites
    • Year 6 - 96%(?) of the population to match TEL and GLO?
    This is best expressed in this US President's quote

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem." - Reagan

#1765 King, Mar 6, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
    raypin likes this.
  6. macjobber

macjobber PhilMUG Addict Member

I am happy with the way things are going with the telcos right now.

If not for this government, fast rollout of speed upgrades in Fiber and wireless data...

may still be a dream for Filipinos.

In short, you can't see good results if you fill your heart with hate. Peace :)

7. King

This improvement is courtesy of COVID & special interest (musical chairs of oligarchs/cronies)

8. raypin

9. Dgame12345

Dgame12345 Active Member

I might grab yun offer ng pldt fibr plus na 50 mbps with free 3 TP Link M4 mesh and free cignal tv.
    I realize kasi instead na magbayad ako for the seperate mesh, might grab this package nila, then bonus pa dito is tataas yun speed ko (from 30mbps to 50 mbps).
    However my only downfall dito is they only offer TP link M4 mesh instead of M5...

What is the main difference ba ng Deco M4 and M5 (aside from its design)?
    Is there any way kaya to upgrade yun package ng PLDT na instead of M4 gawin nalang nila M5 yun mesh na e bibigay? kahit mag add ako ng konti cash out.

10. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Does anyone remember how to connect to the PLDT host panel?

I’ve tried 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.2.1 (can’t be cause that’s my Network na)

Am I missing something? Should I be connected via lan port to connect to it?

it’s been so long since I’ve touched it I don’t remember how to access and only blogs seem outdated.

11. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

FiberHome brand of modems have 192.168.1.1 as their web UI. To access it from my home network that's on a different subnet, I just create a static route on my router: 192.168.1.0/24, and my WAN port as the interface/gateway. (I'm not on a Unifi network but I imagine the aforementioned config can be applied there as well.)

12. kinse_44

kinse_44 PhilMUG Addict Member

PLDT sent out promo emails and text messages today. We're already on Plan 2899 100 Mbps and their offer is a permanent upgrade to Plan 3799 for 200 Mbps and speeds will be up to 500 Mbps until the end of April.

Those on Plan 1899 get a better deal. They can upgrade to Plan 2399 50 Mbps for just ₱200 more. Their monthly cost will be ₱2099 for 50 Mbps permanently, and a speed boost of up to 150 Mbps until the end of April.

13. macjobber

They have already offered P2099 50 MBPS for plan P1899 last year.

Expect more promos once Dito will open its services for Metro Manila residents. It was already posted here that Dito 5G speeds reached 900 MBPS.
    Unli for only P199 till the end of the month.

14. macjobber

You should know that you will need to pay around P2,500 for the box. If I were you, buy a Mi Box S instead.

15. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

speedtest result differs significantly compared to google wifi result? have you guys experienced the same?

getting around 70 to 85mbps download/ 100+ uploads compared to 150/150 from google wifi test...wonder where the discrepancy is

16. John cid 42

John cid 42 New Member

i recently bought 3 pcs of tp link deco m5, need your help and opinions:
    1. my first mesh (which would be the main mesh) is near my modem/ router, so i connect it via ethernet to the pldt modem, is it ok to connect another device which is my pc desktop on that same mesh? cause deco m5 units have 2 ethernet slot.

2. my 2nd mesh now is on my 2nd floor, i place it near my tv and ps 4, will my online games (less lags) improve if i connect via ethernet my ps 4 to my 2nd mesh? or just connect it just via wifi, since the ps 4 and mesh is just near each other?

3. My 2nd mesh gets a signal on my 1st mesh but when i checked my signal strength on my 2nd mesh its only two bars, should i move closer my 2nd mesh to the 1st mesh in order to get the three bars? or two bars would be enough? take note my ps4 gets signal to my 2nd mesh... so if ever i would move it closer to the first mesh to get three bars the option of getting ethernet connection my ps4 will be removed.

17. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

looks like they’re trying to lock people in.

I say wait it out.

18. King

I read somewhere that Sky Broadband has increased their plan ₱1499 to 50Mbps. Landline costs about ₱600/month so ₱2099/month is somewhat correct.

Call me crazy but I personally I prefer ₱1499/month for 50Mbps with landline.

I would wait for PLDT offering 50Mbps below ₱2099/month before renewing for another 24-36 month contract.

PLDT is trying to improve their ARPU from ₱1,372-1,466/month to above ₱1,500/month so they do not look bad as compared to Converge that does not offer a plan below ₱1,500/month

#1778 King, Mar 14, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2021
  19. raypin

mm...connecting your TV or PS4 to the ethernet port to the 2 nd mesh will not yield better results since the 2 nd mesh is relying on the wireless signal from the 1st mesh (connected by ethernet to the router). If you are not getting good wifi results when connected to the 2nd mesh unit, it means that the placement of the mesh unit is not optimal. So, yes, you have to reposition it. Best position per floor is the center. The more walls or doors, the poorer the network connection. Try to scan your wifi signals (I use an android app) and change channels on your routers. Something might be interfering (other routers, neighbor’s routers etc). It helps if all your routers are on the 5 Ghz band, not 2.4 Ghz or your devices are connected to 5 Ghz (faster).

In my case, all my devices including my gaming PC are connected to wifi (5 Ghz). No need for wired.

#1779 raypin, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
  20. Aargh

Aargh PhilMUG Addict Member

Yes you are crazy! hahahaha. I hate our landline, the only phone calls we received there are either telemarketers or wrong number. There's even this one caller who kept on calling us numerous times and ordering drinking water from us even if we repeatedly said that it's a wrong number. So one time they called again so I rode along and took their order and said we'll deliver within the day! hahaha