The PLDT FIBR Thread

Discussion in 'OS X Server / Xserve / Networking' started by King, May 26, 2009.

1. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Think of it as your permanent address or phone number in the internet, you can reach that “address” anytime anywhere using the right apps.

Example: I have a CCTV connected to my internet, I can access that CCTV anywhere in the world since I know my static IP address and it will never change, unlike dynamic IP for residential and Biz Plan 2500.

pinoyslinger likes this.
  2. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

Thank you sir :)

3. pinoyslinger

Thank you sir :)

4. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

Do you have the flyer for FibrBiz Plan 1,699 and 3,000?

Also, anyone on PLDT HomeFibr Plan 5,000, 6,000 or 20,000?

#1564 tweek, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  5. pinoyslinger

8BD12792-02A7-47C9-BB80-0C78B29EB30F.jpeg Here you go sir

6. pinoyslinger

Just an update, P2,500/month plan comes with static IP according to the PLDT agent :)

7. tweek

tweek Well-Known Member

Thank you for the post. What's the difference of your Fibrbiz Plan 2,500 and the 3,000?

The flyer you have isn't updated for the Fibrbiz Plan 2,500 you mentioned that has these inclusions

* 50Mbps
    * Static IP
    * Landline
    * P2,500 one time install fee

We're on the older FibrBiz Plan 3,000

* 50Mbps
    * Dynamic IP
    * Landline
    * No one time install fee

I am hoping they updated their FibrBiz Plan 3,000 to 100Mbps.

8. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

JohannChua likes this.
  9. Dayvy

Dayvy New Member

Hello I am new here. Just wondering if there' s any temporary paid speed boost for PLDT Fibr. If possible I'm planning to increase the speed of the internet connection I have here even by just a few months up until I quarantine is lifted.

10. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

There isn’t, but you should have 25mbps minimum for 1299 and 1699 plan.

11. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

how's their technical support lately? i wanted to call and report that i'm getting reduced bandwidth vs my subscribed bandwidth but given the situation, i'm apprehensive to call because they might mess it up and make it worse.

12. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

yes, you shouldnt mess up anything unless you got no connection, understandable connection will be buggy as everyone are at home and connection is at the most, this is a test to telco, globe are begging no to torrenting

13. textguru

textguru Active Member

try to restart the router/wifi. better than to handle stress with the tech support of PLDT

14. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

^i’ve been doing that more often now: a power cycle of the modem, then a restart of my Google network. So far it works, bringing the connection back to spec.

15. patreng

patreng Active Member

I called in last week. I found out that there is just a skeleton crew to take in the calls. then refers the accounts to work from home agents.
    my connection drops. doesnt just slow down. it drops then after a few seconds/minutes it goes ok again. I just restart the modem router when I can. I stopped resetting the router too. I dont want to have an urgent reason to call in my concern.

16. King

King PhilMUG Addict Member

Try connecting to your router via LAN cable. Slow speeds could be caused by WiFi

raypin likes this.
  17. King

PLDT has an upgrade promo for existing subscribers from cheaper plans.

If you're living alone and do 4K video streaming then Plan 1699 25Mbps looks hella sweet.

[​IMG]

18. textguru

textguru Active Member

noticed that too... as the free speed boost will expire today, they suggest these options. wonder if existing subscribers will get the auto upgrade

19. manager

manager Active Member

I think even for a family of up to 4 it should be ok?

20. King

Four 4K video streams on 25Mbps?

At one office I was asked to consult they had 40 employees sharing an unlimited 15Mbps account. The network was managed and filtered out all internet traffic except for email, IM and VoIP.

YouTube and other bandwidth-intensive tasks were blocked.

When selecting Mbps you need to examine the use case. What apps are used and number of users.

Minimum bandwidth to have buffer-free per 4K stream is 18Mbps. That's my minimum for my household use case.

Very few offices I deal with have a use case for other than the base business plans. Unless the business needs CCTV that has a certain upload Mbps requirement and a public IP address.

These same offices used to be on Plan 9,000 (12Mbps/DSL/Static IP/no landline) that was applied for a decade ago. I did away with that and "downgraded" to Plan 1699 (15Mbps/Fibr/Dynamic IP/landline).

The ISP's account manager were horrified that I reduced their income by more than 80% per location. The friend I helped felt used.

The cherry topping the cake was transferring the current landline number account onto the new fiber connection. So instead of paying for (1) fiber with a new landline # that you do not want & (2) old landline you want to keep you just pay for (1) fiber + old landline # you want to keep. It's a savings of P700/month for residential & P1,400/month for businesses.

To avoid ill will l ISPs should actively engage their customers 1-2 months before end of contract by informing them that they qualify for a bandwidth increase at the same price. Because of their greed they actually had to work for their money.

For the same 9,000/month money that office could get
    • 8,500/month you get unlimited @ 500Mbps/Fiber/Static IP/landline.
    • 9,499/month you get 6TB/month @ 1,000Mbps/Fiber/Dynamic IP/landline.
    All subscribers whether residential & non-residential should review all vendors/suppliers products & services including fiber, dsl, LTE and SIM-based services. You will save a bundle by either upgrading or terminate & apply for new account.

In my home I've been actively downgrading my plan's monthly service fee to maintain 50Mbps of service. Below is my 50Mbps plan history
    • Plan 5800
    • Plan 3500
    • Plan 2899
    I remember seeing a Plan 2299 for unlimited 50Mbps but cannot find it at the moment.

Depending on who will live with me I may go down to 18Mbps or maintain 50Mbps.

We only have at least two 4K streams (36Mbps) or at most three (54Mbps) 4K streams at any given time.

Looking forward to the day that unlimited fiber is P10.00 per 1Mbps. In Thailand it's less than P4.44 per 1Mbps.

#1580 King, Jun 30, 2020 at 1:54 PM
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020 at 3:52 PM
    manager and Quest4dgoodlife like this.