The PLDT FIBR Thread

Discussion in 'OS X Server / Xserve / Networking' started by Miguel_D, Dec 26, 2013.

1. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Have you tried doing the speedtest through the Ethernet port using another client device?

2. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

I just need to change the wifi name, nothing else actually. i set it up initially as a test and didn't bother to make changes again. i didn't realize their support group will be really this bad. anyways, i'm contemplating of getting another provider, to either a.) replace or b.) complement the current provider (PLDT).

all I know is i'm getting quotes now from some of them right now.

3. Simonx

Simonx New Member

I've already tested it on a different computer with the same result.

4. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Just to make it clear, you're using speedtest on wifi and ethernet correct?

5. Simonx

Simonx New Member

Yes I used speedtest

6. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Does anyone recently avail the PLDT Fiber to Home?

I avail and just today it was installed by the crew after more than two months of my application. One of the crew told me it will be activated after a day to one week.

Is this true?

How they will active it? Is there another crew team to set up the modem wifi router in my house?

Also,How can I Bridge Mode from their WIFI moden so that I can use my Archer AC router?Is this recommended?

I read drom other forum it was discouraged because Bridge Mode will deteriorate the speed of the internet is this true?

Also how was the phone line included with the FIBER to Home,Does the audio quality the same as the regular phone LAN line?

Sorry for too many questions your immediate answers are greatly appreciated. TIA - Alvin

7. makinao

makinao Active Member

My experience with PLDT Fibr has been moderately good overall.

Installation crew came a week after application. I made a specific time/date appointment when I applied. When they arrived, they said they could just string a wire from the gate post to an open window to the place where the modem would sit. But I didn't want wires hanging out, so they left me a big roll of fiber-optic cable, suggested I have a private contractor install it together with conduits from the gate post to where the modem would sit so it looked clean, then left me their number to call them when it was installed. After I had it done, they came back in a couple of days, and installation was finished in under an hour. Activation was done remotely at the "planta" on the same day. It went dead the next day, so I called them up again, they came back a couple of days later, and strung a new cable from the switch 15 posts away to my gate post. It's been fine since then. Telephone quality was vastly improved from the old analog phone. Didn't bother to bridge, the supplied model/router works fine in my house.

Skint likes this.
  8. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

Alright thank you for the heads up and sharing your experience.

I need my AC router to be utilized in my end most of my devices with AC so that I can maximize.

I was wondering does the supplied Fiber WiFi Modem of PLDT already built with AC?

Great to hear it was activated at the same day in your experience.Even in a short period of time.

As of this writing the newly installed FIBER To Home still not activated.I’m still using my intermittent old legacy copper wire MYDSL subscription.

9. makinao

makinao Active Member

Skint likes this.
  10. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

^huh? - mine is AC... like that one on the link you gave.

11. makinao

makinao Active Member

Oops, my mistake.

Dual band kasi. The 40mHz is b/g/n/. The 5g 80mHz is a/n/ac.

12. cybersniper

@Skint

Here are some things you should know as a new PLDC subscriber....

1) Before the installer leaves your house, it should have been activated already. That's basically the reason why they make a phone call to their facility using your newly installed landphone. If they leave and it ain't activated yet, you are at they mercy of lady luck. - in some cases, it takes 24-48 hours, but for some, it takes weeks, a month or even more. - specially now that PLDC has manpower issues.

2) You may use your 3rd party Router as an Access Point. - just connect it and disable your ONU's SSID(s). In fairness, PLDC's ONU is somehow "OK" since it's AC1900, so if your 3rd party Router/AC is not AC2600 and/or up, just ditch it. However, PLDC's ONU may not cover all places of your house, but you can get away with a wifi extender for this... if you decide not to upgrade to a mesh network.

3) You may bridge your ONU and use your 3rd party Router as THE Router. However, you need to request for this - make the phone call and sign a waiver. (But this is not adviseable)

4) When your Internet is already activated, you might wonder why your 5Ghz band cannot connect to the internet (but can locally). It's really like that out of the box. You need to call them and have them connect your 5Ghz band (AC) to the internet.

5) The most important thing you need to know: PLDC is VERY UNRELIABLE - their Fiber line easily breaks (inside and outside your home). Hence, you might get a "Loss of Signal" (LOS) once in a while... and having it fixed takes a while days to weeks to months, it depends on the amount of luck you have.

If you use your home internet for work (like myself, I've been working at home for the past 11 years), you need to have a good backup ISP which you could use as your primary as well. I use Globe VDSL for this, which works together with my PLDC Fibr via a Load Balancing Router.

PLDC is good when it works.... WHEN IT WORKS.

I'm just waiting for Converge to be available in our area. It's just a matter of time.

Skint likes this.
  13. jetan

jetan PhilMUG Addict Member

NO. 5 my fiber line is still ok after 18 months since installation.

cybersniper likes this.
  14. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...what company is PLDC?.......PaLagi Di Connect? :p

cybersniper likes this.
  15. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

#1 Yes your right my repair requests for my MYDSL took two months because slow down and intermittent connection! I was only attend yesterday afternoon.

The PLDT repair man told me 7K employees removed from their respective post both technicians and CSR.Only 14 technicians can attend in Manila area for service request .Also the BPO intallers told me they don’t set up they only install and call the head office to activate it or they will call me for activation. He told me 1 day to a week just wait to be activated.But I already direct message PLDT in their FB page and in their email.I hope they will respond this week since I already sent the application reference number.

#2 My router is more than 1900AC model.Its the TPLINK AC ACHER 5400.I will still study how to do that access point method.I will watch some video instructions in youtube.

#4 Can you explain and educate me on this further that 5GHZ band cannot connect to the internet (But Locally)Do you have any idea isn’t activated by default out of the box?

Your reply gives me a lot of information

Thanks bro!

16. cybersniper

DC = DisConnected.

17. cybersniper

After installation and activation, devices connected to this network can exchange files... but it does not have internet connectivity YET. You'd have to call to have them connect your 5ghz band to the internet. That's so BRILLIANT isn't it? :)

They can do this since they have access to your ONU via TR-069.

Logically thinking, they did not or perhaps they forgot to include this in the firmware which they hardcoded to those ONUs. (Could be different with other models, I am referring to the white ONU with 4 antennas). They are very competent!

Skint likes this.
  18. Skint

Skint Well-Known Member

This post is the follow up development of my PLDT Home Fiber application experience.

Today my Fiber Home already activated it under 100 mbps promo/50mbps plan 2900.After almost 3 months,I was curious how to access the PLDT modem router to remove the SSID of PLDT.

Also how can I know if my router works as a bridge or accespoint. By the default it works.I haven’t access or configure the PLDT HOME Fiber wifi router and my TPLINK router. I just connected it then in my suprised it works. I haven’t changed SSID and Password from both routers even the wired LAN connected from my tp link router works fine.It’s blazing fast average 98 Download and 283 upload.

I hope this will continue for years. In addition, I think the 5ghz was enabled out from the box from ONU WIFI router because I saw it was connected in 5ghz band in my TPLINK APP.

I’m new with this,Is it right to assume that the 5ghz band working, If it shows in The TPLINK App? Kindly educate me your reply will be greatly appreciated. TIA

B34C4A7A-B148-4E8C-8188-03A11BEA5C67.png

Attached Files: