The PLDT FIBR Thread

Discussion in 'OS X Server / Xserve / Networking' started by Miguel_D, Dec 26, 2013.

1. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Active Member

Last time I called 171, it was a mess. agents keep passing you to somebody more qualified. took me 1hr waiting for someone to answer, and 20 mins to transfer. asked for an upgrade for my account all in all it took me 3 hours. for an upgrade! which is still not applied 2 weeks later. still waiting for the upgrade, might take a lot of patience since they short on staff.

2. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Times like this I'm happy I'm not experiencing any line troubles.

Speaking of customer support, Globe also downscaled their call center hours from 24H to 6AM to 12MN Daily. They're really pushing for self service. I wish they improve their online tools though.

3. cybersniper

cybersniper Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

If I have my ONU bridged, would that also disable its LAN capability? or just WiFi?

I'm planning to hardwire an iMac to the ONU and create a Mesh Network (Ubiquiti) for our wireless connection needs. TIA!

4. rdy0329

LAN 1 will still be available as usual. LAN 2-4 is reserved for CIGNAL IPTV, still.

cybersniper likes this.
  5. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

Finally bit the bullet & applied for Globe's Plan 2899 with 100 mbps. Even if I get 50% of the mentioned speed, it's better than PLDT's Plan 2899 with 50 mbps. Will try it out for 1 month. If it delivers what it's promising, will cancel my PLDT plan next month. If Globe is just a lot of hype, I can cancel since I got the No-Lockup option.

6. Ikon

Ikon Member

With globe's fiber modem/router, does a subscriber have admin access and configure the settings with full access?

7. onepaks

onepaks Member

Finally they have installed fiber in my residence. But installer said it will take 5 days to be activated. Is that so?

8. patreng

patreng Member

mine was installed months ago. they activated it right away.

9. VicB

VicB Well-Known Member

Perhaps we should merge this thread with the ConvergeX thread & just call it the Fibr Plans thread so we can discuss all the Fibr plans / service out there.

10. frequenzy

frequenzy Member

it will probably take longer due to the contractual issues pldt is facing.

11. guwapito

guwapito Well-Known Member

worth noting also that payments need to be done on time as they might suspend services by "accident" and will take some time to restore because of the mess they are into.

12. Ghibli

Ghibli Active Member

This is the way for the past few months. You'll get automatically cut off if you don't settle the bill ASAP as this is a machine generated response.

13. gogetit

gogetit Member

I don't have landline and fibr internet since July 1! Have reported it, went to PLDT office in Greenhills twice and still they can't say what was the problem or when the service will be restored! I am using LTE in the meantime. I always pay before or on the stated date of the bill.

14. Ghibli

Ghibli Active Member

For the inconvenience, you should ask PLDT for a bill readjustment to fairly account the time without the internet and landline connection. Usually, in my case, in instances when I had problems with my connection, PLDT was quick in sending a technician to evaluate the problem, in my end hence resolution was prompt. I hope yours is promptly rectified.

15. rdy0329

One positive effect of the massive lay off of call center agents are NO MORE PROMOTION CALLS. Those were the worst. If you tell them to remove you from the list, they’ll say sure, then they’ll do the exact opposite and call you at 6AM or at 10PM 2x more often. BYEEEEEEE.

Ghibli likes this.
  16. Ghibli

Ghibli Active Member

It happened to me a few times before. It was annoying because I thought they were going to say something monumental that they had to call.

17. marvinp

marvinp Member

Use this to log in to your Globe fiber modem for admin access:

IP: 192.168.100.1 (may be different for your modem)
    username: telecomadmin
    password: admintelecom

VicB likes this.