The PC Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ronnel0918, Sep 19, 2014.

1. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

In my case, firmware control mode only supports up to 3 nodes so the curve can't be as granular as it is with software control. I get a notification that my current curve isn't valid.

I'll try firmware mode again with a simpler curve for a few days and see how it goes.

#881 max_Moon, Jul 27, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  2. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Samsung just released the NEO G9 49in gaming monitor, that features Mini LED technology.

Looks like a new dawn of another battleground for hardware companies has started, bringing Mini LED to the gaming space.

3. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

4. warmgreentea

Just wanted to share that building a new gaming PC late last year has been one of the best choices (at least for me) during the pandemic and all. These are tough times we're in, but being connected with friends through games and having the vast library via steam/epic with all the discounts has helped me get by for the past year and so forth. As mentioned in another thread, I just finished another bout with covid, but work and playing as Geralt of Rivia, a soldier in Battliefield 1, Overwatch and Valorant has made recovering feel like a fast time, and thanks to all those adrenaline during gaming sessions LOL. (y)

So yeah, cheers to the clickity clacky keyboards and burning through mouse feet/skates in these times where being at home is encouraged. :D

Sunil_K, chris2x, bowman60 and 3 others like this.
  5. warmgreentea

[​IMG]

So what are your opinions with our Department of Health's 700k bidding budget for 4 "high end" laptops with these specs? Also, just 8gb of ram? You can do better than that, DOH...

Or you know, go home with a 50k laptop and a fatter wallet procured from people's taxes. :whistle:

Sunil_K, kyubi and raypin like this.
  6. shifty_md

shifty_md PhilMUG Addict Member

My opinion is that the DOH is full of crooks with immoderate greed and that Sec Duque is incompetent.

7. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

I just saw the CPU and GPU roadmaps from AMD (3D cache/Zen 4&5/RDNA3/MCM GPUs) and Intel (Alder/Raptor/Meteor/Lunar/Nova Lakes) with the latter seriously getting in to the dGPU game with ARC (Alchemist, Battlemage, Celestial, Druid). Nvidia on the other hand, seem to be keeping their cards close to their chest (no pun intended) but rumors point to either a monolithic or MCM GPU depending on the competition.

Regardless of the supply and pricing situation, the next five years are going to be exciting at least from a technological competition standpoint.

8. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

Thanks to the people on page 43 (and my younger brother) for being the cause for me to impulse buy this keyboard. :ROFLMAO: First time dipping my toes into custom mechanical keyboards, so I went for a GMMK Pro, PC plate, and lubed Glorious Pandas. Still a sucker for matte black and RGB, so I got the Aura v2 keycaps.

Also, coming from keyboards (from Razer and Logitech) with very clicky keys, this is a very unique experience for me. Not sure if I can go back to using those clicky keys... I'm part of the thocc gang now. lol

21-08-26 18-28-35 0393.jpg

9. shifty_md

Congrats on entering this rabbit hole, my friend!

Wielding my new weapon of choice, having upgraded from a GMMK Pro

Think6.5 V2 Limited Edition
    Gateron Black Inks, lubed and filmed (being rotated with U4T's lubed Gazzew way)
    Durock V2 stabilizers
    EPBT Japanese Gray Keycaps
    Artisans by Zero Sky and Markeys
    White Custom Coiled cable
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. warmgreentea

I see that you're also from the school of the wolf. Curious question, what made you ditch the GMMK Pro? That keebs was pretty new! :D

11. shifty_md

I wanted to try out a smaller layout. Of course, it can't be avoided that some of my friends who have more premium boards kept on whispering evil things in my ear and showing me their expensive babies...dang I'm so gullible.
    I'm not going to ditch it for good, though. Once I find a good set of dark keycaps for it, the U4T switches will stay with the GMMK and I'll start rotating these 2 boards.

Sunil_K likes this.
  12. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

Gaming mice recommendations please (wireless)

Glorious Model O or Razer Deathadder or Logitech lightspeed or Others ?

13. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

Had both the Logitech G Pro Wireless and Glorious Model O Wireless. Both are great mice. Currently using the Model O, although I mostly use it wired.

The (almost) perfect gaming desktop experience IMO is using the G Pro Wireless plus PowerPlay. Fully wireless without worrying about charging. Quite costly though.

Dekra likes this.
  14. warmgreentea

I know those kinds of friends; they speak evil when it comes to keebs and whisper you to commit your sins, but I've held off the temptation for sometime now to the fact that I just got my GMMK for not more than a year now, but I do want to upgrade for the Pro model just for that damned knob. Glad to know it still works for you, as I'm thinking maybe this coming christmas, I'll get myself a GMMK Pro Ice Silver with either Gateron Black inks for my PC, and a Keychron Q1 with Gateron reds for my Mac (currently using K2, and assuming they have the knob model by then).

I do admit that I almost got myself a KBD67 MKII, but the angels in me sang a different song. GAStos. :LOL:

Every heard or considered the Pulsar XLITE Wireless? I'm pretty interested with it with the things i've been hearding about this mouse, and rotobox always teases it.

I also vouch for the Glorious Model O as it's been my go to mouse for sometime now.

Lastly, steer away from Razer mice. I've had the Mamba, Orochi, and Deathadder beforehand and all have died for different reasons (along with Lycosa and Blackwidow keyboards), and their software is so bloated. Steering away from anything Razer, and their CEO is a jackass himself.

shifty_md and Dekra like this.
  15. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Careful! It's more addictive than PC building/modding. I've fallen so deep in the rabbit hole that I have several now. Joined a group buy for a kbd67 lite. ETA is around Dec. Im so deep into it that right after ECQ was lifted I went to itech to buy an RK84, my reason being I want to try modding it myself. I then ordered from a suki some stabs, lube, stem holder etc. for said trial modding. So I put some thin foam as dampener, replaced then holee moded the new everglide stabs myself and Im now slowly lubing some gateron yellow pros myself. I'm doing it by batches of 5-10 at a time when I'm free and Im actually enjoying it, I also have more switches than I have boards:ROFLMAO: Been rotating between the GMMK pro and the RK for the past week. I think I did a pretty good job for a first time. I have some incoming clone keycaps for the RK. I still have my modded K6 so I ordered some 3d printed keyboard display stands to put them on.:)

Sunil_K, Provboy and shifty_md like this.
  16. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

Sold my GMMK Pro and replced it with a KBDFans Blade 65 in aluminum e-white. Love the weight/badge at the bottom. The asymmetry also makes this board unique.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. max_Moon

max_Moon Active Member

Got curious and tried playing games with the front sound proofing door of my Fractal Define case open. Surprised to see a 4-5C drop in GPU temps. Now the 3080Ti's temps are around 67~69C with room aircon.

Now I'm thinking of getting a Fractal Torrent case.

18. pepspeps

pepspeps PhilMUG Addict Member

Hoping this post belongs here.

Twitch source code and creator payouts part of massive leak

The leak includes the following:
    • 3 years worth of details regarding creator payouts on Twitch.
    • The entirety of twitch.tv, “with commit history going back to its early beginnings.”
    • Source code for the mobile, desktop, and video game console Twitch clients.
    • Code related to proprietary SDKs and internal AWS services used by Twitch.
    • An unreleased Steam competitor from Amazon Game Studios.
    • Data on other Twitch properties like IGDB and CurseForge.
    • Twitch’s internal security tools.

19. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mmm…. December 8, locked and loaded..

Juice likes this.
  20. pepspeps

pepspeps PhilMUG Addict Member

So Intel is sort of... back?

Alder Lake initial benchmarks indicates that Intel is on top of the gaming charts once again. At the cost of higher power consumption, higher cooling requirements and slightly higher SRP.

However those P and E cores are very interesting and if Intel nails it in the next few years, AMD will have to step up once again.