The PC Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ronnel0918, Sep 19, 2014.

1. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

or not rage too much after a bad game.:ROFLMAO:

I couldn't say I have. Looks interesting,...so many brands now going with the lightweight-holed design. I would say their performance differences will be minimal at best at least for the major/popular brands. Even budget brands like Rakk came out with a lightweight holed design which is wireless too.

2. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm not the kind who bashes my keyboard after a game; it is a bad financial move. :ROFLMAO:

The hole design mouses were weird at first, but I'm a believer now because of their weight, and my hands tend to get moisty at times, which alleviates the problem. I'm just curious as I've yet to find the perfect non-ambidextrous mouse for me and looking for that miracle mouse. I just feel like Pulsar has potential among the new brands that I've seen. (y)

3. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Hey guys! Just got caught up.. was busy the past few weeks.

For sweaty hands, I like how the PBT plastic of SA profile keycaps handle it. The shine doesn't stand out and they age well. For ABS plastic, I'd use them in air-conditioned environments like in my office. I like the sound of ABS > PBT though. But I like the height of the SA profile.

Nice! I use Durocks too.. I'm surprised at how much more affordable their pricing is compared to the tealios. I like them both but I switched over to Durok recently and I don't miss my Tealios at all. Did you lube them yourself, or did it come lubed?

rabby likes this.
  4. shifty_md

shifty_md Well-Known Member

Datablitz is already catering to walk-in customers, plenty of branches have the Black Slate GMMK Pro on stock. Guess I'll have to wait for my pre-ordered White Ice unit from them.

raypin likes this.
  5. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Same here. Once I switched from my Corsair to the Model D there was no going back. On the Model O Wireless now and there's no going back from here either. I've gotten used to the ambidextrous shape and convenience and clutter free feature of the wireless is just hard to beat. Anyway, look into Pwnage, they're fully customizable, wireless and non-ambidextrous.

I bought them lubed already. And I have to say they're a joy to use. Having fun how as I'm typing this:ROFLMAO: Also got the Durock stabilizers from the same shop and hoping to get my KB serviced this weekend. I'll have the stabs modded and installed and have the K6 case modded with dampening foam. But the KB guy is still waiting for his dampening foam stocks.

Gosu Gaming in FB posted new keycaps the other day. Saw some really good ones with good prices too. Particularly liked the Marlins colorway. Mostly HK Gaming.

6. warmgreentea

Ah yes! Been looking at pwnage as well. Currently using a Model O wired + bungee but I have a Model O wireless as well that I haven’t opened, as the wired was a surprise gift to me from the gf so I couldn’t use/say that I already puchased one or else she’d feel bad. :ROFLMAO:

We’re so spoiled with choices nowdays from different brands. It used to be Logitech, Razer, or Steel Series leading the game(s) but it is nice to see amazing new comers putting out great equipment... that’s not named red dragon :rolleyes:

7. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Hahaha yes gifts from the significant other. Just the other day my wife ordered the senheiser game one for me as a gift. See the trick is you make them see what you want when a special occasion is coming. Make them notice what you're looking at in Amazon or Lazada. Make it subtle but not too subtle that they don't notice it. Then when they surprise you act REALLY surprised and happy and make sure you make them feel its all their idea all along.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Makes them truly happy too that they gave you something you really like. Everybody wins!(y)

8. warmgreentea

Ideally, this is the outcome, but remember before I was posting here about gathering parts for building my PC? I was showing her the parts that I purchased and "teaching" her each and every purpose of these items and why I need this part then this other part for the functions that I want to attain; we even built it together and she did a lot except for the wiring, which she wasn't confident and tells me she might nuke the thing to flames.

Anywho, changing the keyboard, mouse & mat, and headset wasn't actually in the plan, so she suggested why not change all those as well. I showed her what I'm thinking of and that was the Model O and little did I know she bought that after I showed it to her, while I on the other side told my sister in the US to receive an order of the Wireless Model O which I also ordered after the show and tell + some youtube reviews. The Wireless Model O wasn't available locally at that time and I'm sure she got this at Rotobox's Lazada account, so there. I could have gotten away with it if she'd gotten me the white one, but she got me the black wired version and I ordered the white wireless version. I'll be more patient this time.. Oh well. :ROFLMAO:

I'm actually having a bit of some doubts with the Model O to be honest, as there are times that my index finger freezes for half a second during intense matches, that's why I'm looking for a non-ambidextrous mouse to experiment with. (y)

bowman60 and raypin like this.
  9. jayar04

jayar04 Active Member

I still keep coming back to Keychron

EBD59AF1-AF3E-4F92-BAD0-88DC98AC4B2E.jpeg

chris2x, kyubi and bowman60 like this.
  10. warmgreentea

Wish that Keychron would release a white or silver aluminum base version for their keyboards for the Apple ecosystem aesthetics and all. (y)

jayar04 likes this.
  11. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

I'd like one too.

But I'm leaning towards a GMMK pro build later this year. The white one. The so-called "truly premium" kb cases are unicorns. I would love to get my hands on the NK65 but I think I would have better luck on buying an RTX 3080 with EVGA's queue system. Others are too unreasonably expensive just to get that "right" sound. So marketing brouhaha aside, I think the GMMK pro is a reasonable value proposition na. Plus the fact that you'll get after sales support from Glorious/Rotobox and it makes it more appealing and less stressful.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

12. warmgreentea

But the GMMK Pro is more for PC usage more than Mac, and it is wired right? When it comes to my mac setup, I want things Bluetooth and I'd like something white/silver, and Keychron works for it really well so that's the brand I trust for it.

But yeah, I also dream of getting a GMMK Pro for myself later this year. I'd still need to justify the 8990 just for the board, whereas I'm very happy naman with my GMMK TKL... Till I get a hold of the Pro one, of course. :LOL:

13. shifty_md

Did anyone here preorder the White Ice? DB's Black Slate has ben locally available for over a week now, even ahead of the self-proclaimed exclusive local Glorious distributor which is Rotobox. I can hardly wait. Everything is ready: Keycaps, cable, switches, stabilizers. Yung GMMK Pro nalang ang kulang.

14. jayar04

jayar04 Active Member

I really can't go non-bluetooth as I usually pull out my keebs and connect to various devices, while moving to different locations inside the house. But yeah, I really dig those GMMK Pros

15. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

anybody joining the groupbuy for GMK dualshot? It will start on May 7. Already joined the GMK Seafarer group buy a few weeks back.

GMK Seafarer
    [​IMG]

GMK Dualshot (PS2 inspired)
    [​IMG]

bowman60 likes this.
  16. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

I preordered the GMMK Pro White Ice from Rotobox in November of last year. Still waiting

shifty_md likes this.
  17. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

those are really nice keycaps... i'm a n00b at the whole mechanical keyboard game (i have a stock Keychron K2), and have been wanting to change them - any suggestions would be nice :)

18. shifty_md

Join the local Facebook groups, sir. Keyboard Addicts PH, Mechanical Keyboard Warriors PH to name a few. They are a growing community. Your wallet will be the only limit.

Provboy and chris2x like this.
  19. chris2x

chris2x Active Member

that's a... comforting thought? :D

Provboy and shifty_md like this.
  20. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

I too am a noob in the whole custom keyboard thing. I guess my only suggestion for now is if your K2 is hotswappable, then that would be a good start. Changing your switches will go a long way in making you experience what to expect in this rabbit hole of a hobby. You can go premium, you can go budget or you can have a bit of both. Just take the plunge. Decide on what catches your fancy and start from there. Let's all learn along the way.(y)

Provboy likes this.