The PC Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ronnel0918, Sep 19, 2014.

1. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

I guess its like adjusting to new glasses with a new grade. You may want to give yourself a while to get used to your new setup. Even a new chair would take time to get used to if you've used an older chair for a long time. Plus the fact that its perfectly normal to spend more time in front of your computer now that you have a new setup. I wouldn't worry about it much.

2. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

2586BA82-C2D7-48B1-BC5F-499F42422163.jpeg

Ready to do my upgrade in this sweltering holy Wednesday heat.

3. shifty_md

shifty_md Well-Known Member

My eye is on the same horizontal level as the middle part of the monitor so I'm neither looking up nor down. My monitor is mounted at least a couple of feet away from me, and I think I could do farther if not for the limited desk space I have.

4. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

What's your PC DAC? I've been looking for a cheap and good one these days. Also, you got the white Capellix! Very nice! (y)

5. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Do you have access to a Schiit Fulla? It's pretty good. :D

Quest4dgoodlife and jayar04 like this.
  6. jayar04

jayar04 Member

From afar, looks like a Creative G6

warmgreentea likes this.
  7. shifty_md

[​IMG]

Custom Mech KB building is a deep, deep rabbit hole

Provboy likes this.
  8. warmgreentea

This is actually what a friend of mine recommended (Schiit Fulla 3) and I can't seem to find it anywhere online. Got any leads for it? Actually looks compact, which is good. (y)

You're correct. Seems to be on the higher spectrum of PC DACs it seems.

9. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Ordered mine directly from them while I was stuck there last year. JAC mo na Lang. Box is so small and lightweight naman. I got a Fulla 3.

Quest4dgoodlife likes this.
  10. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

One of my wants, a schiit stack.

11. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Yes the fulla 3 is some good schiit :LOL: its back ordered though even on their website. I got the sound blaster g6 as it got really good reviews across the board and is available in Lazada for a good price. No need to import it. Another option is the senheiser gsx 1000. Both the g6 and the gsx 1000 is in the $150 range. The fulla 3 is $99. I’m replacing a Fiio E10k which is around $70. It’s good too for a basic DAC and is really compact.

The g6 is really good. It has a lot of power to drive your headphones and even your speakers. It sounds really good too. Still experimenting on the different sound presets but so far the virtual positional audio has been great.

Wasn’t supposed to get the capellix but I chanced upon it in Lazada for 7700 which is even a hair cheaper than it’s $160 US srp. Plus the light on my h100i platinum pump turned yellowish already (a known issue) so I decided to replace it. Used it for 2 years without any problems though and even now its still works great except for the yellowish light on the pump. I'll use for another build in the near future.:D

I got the K6 as I want to try zealios but since getting it a few weeks ago I've been enjoying the gateron reds so far. Its a good change from my cherry browns (one2 mini) and I'm starting to like it better for gaming, my work doesn't really require a lot of typing on the keyboard:ROFLMAO:. So now instead of zealios I'm eyeing tealios. But that's maybe down the road pa, sulitin ko muna yung stock switches. And I'm glad I got the white mac custom keycaps as the stock ones really shine quick! Been using it for a few weeks and the WASD keys have shine already:ROFLMAO: I'll replace it when the table arrives.

Next one I want to get is one of those extra large mouse/keyboard mats. And maybe an all white custom extension set.

This is the build now

438FC716-0278-4B76-A662-572AFDAE0959.jpeg

12. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Yes! I think you said it correctly, now that I have been experimenting on the monitor height and distance, my neck and shoulder stiffness is no longer as bad as my first time I set it up. I ordered a monitor arm (unfortunately non essential and have to wait) and I hope I can freely and quickly adjust the height and distance. Thanks for the encouraging words.

I have this set up this morning, I might do some errands first before I "hurt" my neck and shoulder again lol...

BTW guys, I just saw this Reddit thread I am taking cues on their setup. https://www.reddit.com/r/macsetups/

Also, I am trying to back-read on this thread, I never considered setting up a "gaming setup", but I might in the context of peripherals, desk setups and ambiance.

Thank you all!!! Hope to enjoy this bigger display without consequence in the near future :p

Quest4dgoodlife likes this.
  13. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

Got a KBD67 lite last week and it’s one of the best sounding boards I’ve ever tried. I don’t want to use my other mechs anymore . Gasket mount is amazing. Switches used were the Glorious Pandas
    [​IMG]

Also updated my 3090 to support resizable bar and I got less than 10fps gains in the games that I play

bowman60, marky2115 and Sunil_K like this.
  14. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...playing Horizon Zero Dawn. Hooked.

Provboy and bowman60 like this.
  15. warmgreentea

Great timing as my sister is visiting from US this coming July with my Oculus Quest 2. Gastos nanaman, it never ends. :ROFLMAO:

Quest4dgoodlife and Sunil_K like this.
  16. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Great game! Played and finished it on the PS4 though. Maybe I'll get the pc version when it's on sale.

raypin likes this.
  17. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

I bought this game years ago on PS4 but never got to play it. I also bought it on Steam last week but I have yet to install it. The whole of 2020 I only played Monster Hunter World: Icebrone and Death Stranding. Tried Cyberpunk 2077 and I wish I refunded it.

18. warmgreentea

Horizon Zero Dawn is one of the best games I played on PS4, along with TLOU 2 and God of War. Ironic that Cyberpunk 2077 was the reason why I was so pumped to build my PC and spec'ed it out for it, only to not buy it in the end (waiting for patch #1000). Currently playing Outer Worlds, Magic Legends, and (still) Overwatch on PC these days. (y)

Provboy likes this.
  19. shifty_md

Red Dead Redemption 2
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    God of War
    The Witcher 3
    The Last of Us/2

Even before my friends ask for it, I never fail to tell them my top 5 PS4 games each time the topic shifts to Playstation games. It was such a GREAT run for the PS4 before its successor came. A PC version has been released for three of these games. Everyone wins.

Majority of Cyberpunk's R&D funds went to hiring Keanu Reeves, hence that piece of trash of a game.

#779 shifty_md, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    Sunil_K and Provboy like this.
  20. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....Cyberpunk 2077 is overrated. Played an hour and gave up. Hate it. For me, Horizon Zero Dawn gripping story, smooth gameplay and gorgeous graphics specially in PC 4K is at par with the Mass Effect saga.

Provboy likes this.