The PC Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ronnel0918, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

If you want an extra PCIE Gen4 slot, you're gonna want the X570. If I recall correctly, reviews for the X570 E (the version which has built-in WiFi and is similar to the F) are very good and if you can get that (the X570 F or E) below ~$300, it's a great buy.

I haven't seen/read any reviews of the B550 Vision, so best to do your research on that.

bowman60 likes this.
  2. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

I have a feeling that if you go with the ROG Strix, you'll regret it everytime you'd peek through your case's panel. If you don't need both Gen4 pcie slots, no real reason to go x570.

3. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

Depends if you're going to do extreme overclocking. If so, then the X570 is for you (aside from the additional slots/lanes for PCIEx 4.0). The vision D B550 is gear for more stability especially in heavy productivity tasks (non-gaming). HTH.

bowman60 likes this.
  4. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Thanks!! I was actually greatly underwhelmed by the vision D after watching some YouTube builds. And upon further research the strix boards have much more premium features.

haha I suspect you hate the strix’s bling-full style. Though I won’t be needing dual x4 pcie slots, the price of the x570 is just too close to the b550 that you’d really gravitate towards it more. I’m also looking at the ASUS prime x570 pro which has has less bling and white heatsinks. Plus the features and hardware are almost identical to the strix. Problem is they seem to not have it available locally. I can import it from Amazon but the price will total around 14k. The strix f gaming is very tempting because it’s only 13,200 in Dynaquest and they have it on stock!! 13,200 is unmatched even in Amazon. They sell the f gaming for over $300!!! The prime is $250 btw.

Edit: the f gaming is $371 right now in Amazon. The local price of 13,200 is $271 in the current exchange rate. That’s $100 bucks less and an extreme rarity in the current crazy PC market. I kinda wanna rush to Dynaquest right now cause I’m thinking it’s a pricing mistake (before they realize it). I probably will haha

#724 bowman60, Feb 23, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Sunil_K likes this.
  5. warmgreentea

Well if they did make a mistake, then go jump the gun if you're getting a great deal!

On topic to this thread:

Yep, I'm never buying Intel products ever again. Suck a thumb on the corner, Intel. (n)

jayparalejas likes this.
  6. warmgreentea

Have you seen local prices for GPUs lately? So damn crazy. 48k for a 3060 non Ti, 60k for 3070, 65k for RX 6800. I've been trying to get a 3060 Ti for a friend lately in States, but man it's a lot harder than it used to! Not sure if bots are now smarter or there's 3x more people fighting for it, but damn.

7. jologs

jologs Active Member

Well, there's the resurgence of GPU mining......

8. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Yes, makes me feel better now that I got my 3070 for 42,000 last December - and that was at scalper price. I just saw in Dynaquest's website that they have the Gigabyte 5700XT gaming OC for 39,500!!!! I bought one last Nov in shopee for around 20,500 after vouchers and the BDO card discount. Wow!

9. warmgreentea

5700XT is indeed a 20k card! It was even on sale at PCHub for 18,500 when the new radeons were coming out. Makes me glad that i got my 3080 for around 37,000, which is beiing sold 70-80k here now locally? Very strange time actually.

At least we know that our cards will be quite significant for quite awhile given that devs of games will still make games spec'ed to current video cards, to which a lot still haven't gotten their units.

Maybe I should have bought that Asus TUF 3070 card for 35,000 that I saw last year December at some computer shop in BGC, then waited for sometime for me to flip it. :LOL:

10. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Indeed! You can sell the TUF card now for 45k and no one will even brand you as a scalper!!:LOL:
    On a slightly positive note, I chanced upon an R5 5600x with wraith cooler in Amazon just the other day for $299. I think the supply of ryzen chips are slowly getting to regular levels. GPUs on the other hand are just bat-sh*t crazy especially with the recent and continuous resurrection of crypto. Was also able to snag a sabrent rocket (not plus) gen4 1 tb for $150. I gotta stop!:unsure:

oh and I ordered the Hamilton desk from avmake. Nice people they have there. So now I’m waiting for everything to arrive and it’s going to be a busy few days again once they’re complete. ;)

jayar04 and Quest4dgoodlife like this.
  11. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

Thank you for referring Avmake. Ordered the Hamilton for me and Lifty for the wife. They'll deliver the tables this Monday hopefully.

Just upgrading peripherals first and added a nice chair for the wife. Two monitor arms, two mechanical keyboards, wrist rests, razer mouse and mouse pad, xiaomi 34 for me, and the LG 29 1080p UW monitor for the wife. Also a headphone stand.

FEEC41F4-8C94-4CC5-A705-9FC836F2B3B1.jpeg

#731 Quest4dgoodlife, Mar 13, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  12. warmgreentea

Even 50k will still be a "good" price for it given the commodity of Asus cards for pinoy buyers. Yeah, 5600x and 5800x have been quite steady nowadays that discord alerts have them for 10mins or so available for purchase, since its just a processor from a wafer after all.

That's quite a haul you got there! An interesting mix of stuff as well. I see that you got an Anne Pro 2 (gateron blues) as well, to which I also bought one for my girlfriend this valentines and she likes it a lot (because you know, white keycaps and pink colored buttons) given that we're mostly WFH these days. Seems that we're on the same boat with the Xiaomi 34" and table, and I'm still quite happy with the UWA Xiaomi 34" and its picture quality, glad I trusted my friend's suggestion. It's just still hard to play FPS on an UWA for me as there's just so much more happening now so I get more stressed in games lol.

Glad that you liked my table suggestion, both of you. AVMake should give me a commission for this hahaha. bowman60, indeed they are a pleasure to talk to. :D

You guys should post your setups with the table once it is all done. (y)

jayar04, Quest4dgoodlife and Sunil_K like this.
  13. jayar04

jayar04 Member

Lol.. damn that fine loot! I see 'em keebs -- makes me want to watch youtube brown and blue clickies hehe

hmmm, i definitely need a table.. that's the only thing that's missing for my setup - just over my budget for the past months so i'll just drool over your avmakes

by the way, still unable to decide if i need a 4k or 1080p webcam and then I realized i still have my old sony rx100 m4 and a tripod.. now my videocalls look extra sharp

Sunil_K and Quest4dgoodlife like this.
  14. jayar04

jayar04 Member

Yey for new cheapo speakers! Dami lang wires nitong speakers na to

343F78F6-35F0-431F-984E-BC207B07E742.jpeg

15. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Where did you buy?

16. warmgreentea

Of all the pc peripherals available for us, a nice set of speakers are the ones I usually skimp on getting. 95% of the time I'm using my headsets, while for music I use my room sound system that's not connected to the PC. My GPU and other parts are top of the line, but my speakers is that 430 pesos one from Logitech. :ROFLMAO:

Sunil_K likes this.
  17. jayar04

jayar04 Member

sa Shopee haha.. i think the seller made a mistake on his price so I got it really cheap (at official srp haha), now priced at Php4k. Nakabawi sa mahal ng gpu

Well, agree! Now I'm confused on which to prioritize. I have the ff: in confusion - headset, speakers, and a stereo mic. I wanted to get the Php600 one but this Php1.9k deal was just something I couldnt ignore lol

18. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Its just a shade under 3k now if its the same shopee store I saw. Still not a bad deal considering it goes for over 4k in lazada. But yes, same here, 80-90% of the time I use my headset. I do have an Edifier 1280db though which I got almost 2 years ago. I'm just thinking the white 2.0 pebble would look nice on the AVmake desk:ROFLMAO: but nah, too much!

What about DACs? Do you guys use one? Been using the Fiio e10k for around 2 years now. Really good sound both in music and games. Sounds good also on the bookshelf speakers. Only con is that it doesn't come with a mic in. So I'd have to use the onboard for that.

19. warmgreentea

Hey hey! How's the table? Quite solid, no? :D

20. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Haha wala pa. Siguro another 2 weeks at least. But that does not keep me from dreaming up options. Like KB/mouse mats that would look good on it. I also ordered a pair of custom floating shelves from them that's stained the same as the table. Lets see how that turns out. I reckon it would be around a month before I can finalize the whole build since I'm still waiting for some parts, and the table of course.:)