The PC Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ronnel0918, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

If there's a switch puller in the box, then it's hot swap. Good keyboard choice, be careful not to fall into the rabbit hole of switches and keycaps hehe

2. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

There's no switch puller included in the box, only a keycap puller. The Keychron website also indicates that the hot swap version only contains a keycap puller (see the bottom of the page: https://www.keychron.com/products/keychron-k2-hot-swappable-wireless-mechanical-keyboard). Is there any other way for me to verify that it's the hot swap version?

3. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

If the model number of your KB is K2A1H, it's hot swap. Sorry I just assumed there was a keycap puller becuase my K8 alu hotswap had one in the box

Leon21 likes this.
  4. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Congrats on the new KB!!! I actually like the Tealios more than the GHPs.. I just switched them over again this morning. With regards to the hotswap version, it should be indicated somewhere in the box. The switch puller missing is a common issue with Keychron shipping. I'm lucky to have had one in mine.

Leon21 likes this.
  5. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

I just emailed Keychron and gave them the serial number on the bottom of my keyboard. They confirmed that what I have is NON-HOTSWAP, so I'm now having a word with IT World on Lazada about giving me false information which lead me to purchasing the product under false pretenses. It's even worse since I asked multiple times to confirm that it's the hotswap version and each time, they said it was. I guess I should've known something's up since the Keychron websites shows the K2 V2 hotswap version comes with black and white keycaps stock while the one on IT World had the all black keycaps on their page.

I'm still highly enjoying the keyboard as it is, but I specifically wanted the hotswap version with an eye to changing the switches down the road.

6. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Yeah, ask them to replace it with the actual hotswap version. If they can't, just return it since they gave you the wrong item. Then, try contacting Softbox solutions. I know they carry the hotswap versions also.

At least, you were able to identify the starting switches that you want. Then as you said, upgrade down the line with other switches.

Leon21 likes this.
  7. angelo

angelo Member

Edit: Oopps, it looks like you did get a non hot-swap version. Too bad. You should return and ask for a refund.

Hello! Can you kindly update us if you actually got the hot-swappable version? It has been out of stock at all local shops for a while now. I currently have a pre-order with Henyo Shop with an ETA of early February.

To confirm if you have hot-swap version, the package should include a switch puller.

Thank you!

8. angelo

angelo Member

9. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

This is it! The gang is finally (all) here! It is going to be a busy weekend for me with all the hardware and software installing. Just lacks the new monitor (it was out of stock so I ordered one online from a different shop) but I still have my old ones for the meantime.

[​IMG]

Then here are my new *glorious* weaponry

[​IMG]

Hoping all of them will work though..... :ROFLMAO:

#669 warmgreentea, Jan 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    Sunil_K, jayparalejas, Hero33 and 5 others like this.
  10. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Woohooo! Happy building! Let's all play something! Gears5? CoD Cold War?

Since my teal and purple build was sold already, I sadly flipped my Maxkey Miami Nights keycaps already and went with this keycap setup for my "Space Grey" work setup:
    viber_image_2021-01-20_17-47-34.jpg

Top keyboard is the Akko 3068 (with Tealios switches)
    Bottom is the Keychron K6 (with GHP switches)

bowman60 likes this.
  11. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Nice!! The actual build will probably take you 1-2 hours. Cable management - probably the whole day haha

warmgreentea likes this.
  12. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Hahaha.. I completely agree!!! Socketing in stuff and putting them in place is quick.. The routing and best looking option for cable management is a PITA!

13. warmgreentea

Let's see if I get to those games eventually. I've been invited by my group to play Battlefield V or COD Warzone though, games that I held on playing because I can only use them at low settings haha. I'll update my games list eventually, but surely I'll still be in competitive scenes of overwatch and valorant. :coffee:

14. warmgreentea

Planning to be a hermit this Saturday when building this, complete with music, pizza and some drinks. I'm confident with most things but what I'm not so sure is still the lighting setup, if only I got the commander pro in box that would have saved me some time and worries. I just can't justify spending 4k on it at the moment. :ROFLMAO:

15. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

The case only comes with pwm fan cable extensions - 4 of them for the 3 intake fans in front and I guess the single exhaust in the rear. If you're going to use it, you'd need 4 mobo fan headers so a splitter is really the way to go. Other than that, everything (except cable management:ROFLMAO:) is pretty straight forward. Even the h100i comes pre applied with thermal paste.

16. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

Sweet set up! Having the office order me a new rig hopefully can post it once it arrives.

17. warmgreentea

What office sponsors a gaming rig? I might be in the wrong office/industry for this to happen

18. Hero33

Hero33 PhilMUG Addict Member

the kind that writes it off as an expense lol works well for zooms, video edits and word docs as well lol

19. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

How did the build turn out? Post pictures when you're done! (y)

20. warmgreentea

Hahaha that's passable. Most if not all of my officemates and IT staff are quite young so they understand PC parts, so I wouldn't get away with telling them that I need a 3080 for video rendering since that's mostly processor-based lol, or things like RGB fans hahaha. Maybe you can write off getting a keyboard with GMK keycaps, keycult board with brass plate, and novel keys switches (and all that jazz) and say that it is required for MS word typing. :ROFLMAO:

It is actually built already! But damn I'm just quite busy with work due to CNY approaching fast. The build is already sitting on the table with its peripherals but I haven't installed windows yet and every light is still rainbow puke, so that's something I need to fix first before the photo session.

With honesty, I told myself that I'll make the cable management as organized and smooth as an angel's hair, but in reality, the cables were coming from many directions so I just stuffed & tied them together on one side and the opposite side like a rushed order of pancit. Building on the 4000X is a dream though, it was very very easy and the holes were abundant and all in the right places. It honestly took me less than an hour and 30 mins to get it done. What took my time was opening all the boxes, organizing the extra parts and screws on my multi pocket organizers + cases (and labeling them), admiring and smelling each part (LOL) before socketing them, and someone calling me from work to consult on something in between my building process. I'll get to it again later. :whistle:

jcsantamarina likes this.