The PC Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ronnel0918, Sep 19, 2014.

1. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Nice! Spencer of rotobox (if you get a hold of this busy man) can make good and sound reco's too. Enjoy!

2. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

:LOL: Been reading about this as well. I think AIBs are jealous of scalpers and want in on the action:LOL:
    The recent rise of miners makes the situation even worse. Next up for increases, motherboards! At least that’s the buzz now.

On mech keyboards, been using the one 2 mini for more than a year now and I don’t think I’m going back. Was using a Corsair strafe Mk.2. but it was too big for my desk. I’ve gotten used to the 60% form factor. Thinking of getting a TKL and looking at the keychron and gk models. I’m not into the whole hotswapping switches hobby but I do like to rotate key caps once in a while depending on mood:LOL: I haven’t gotten the really expensive thick abs caps like what jcsantamarina has but is always on the lookout for good buys. Oh and i got the model o wireless too on local launch day. Was using the model D as i prefer its shape but I'm getting used to the O now. I'm willing to shift shape-preference for the convenience of wireless:ROFLMAO:

viber_image_2021-01-07_08-37-40.jpg

3. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

These were the first cards available locally (Laoag). Using both3080s now for mining hehe. Kept my 5700xt for 1440p gaming.

4. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

If you frequent r/mechanicalkeyboards on reddit, Gaterons > Cherries, and I kinda agree with them. I have a K6, K8, and a GMMK, I'm also waiting for the GMMK Pro and KBD67 lite (preordered). Still, it all comes down to preference, it's good that we have a lot of choices now.

5. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm using a Ducky One TKL since I need function keys for my work. I also have a Magicforce 86 to use when I need to connect a Bluetooth keyboard.

6. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Ducky has the best value for performance for wired keyboards compared to the most popular off the shelf brands like - Razer, Corsair and HyperX IMHO.

So.. last night.. supplier posted "NR200P" is now available! I asked, do you have it in white.. he said yes.. Ok.. Please reserve!

At the store.. so when do you think it would be possible to buy a 5800X cpu only.. supplier says.. I have one, but I don't have an ITX motherboard for the NR200P.. So I said, well, can I buy just the procie?

File_003.jpeg
    Compared to the old case:
    File_001.jpeg
    After 2 hours of figuring out what the best approach would be to place the fans, the cooler, etc.
    File_002.jpeg
    After another 2 hours of accepting what's possible and what's not possible and the fan directions, here goes.. Will observe this build for another couple of days:
    File_000.jpeg

Sunil_K, warmgreentea and bowman60 like this.
  7. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

That case got really good reviews! And that giga vision is a real beauty!(y)[/QUOTE]

8. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

[/QUOTE]

Yup! And it actually was a good decision on my part to switch.

Played Trials of Osiris on Destiny 2 from 9pm to 2am with HWInfo running in the background:

GPU temps - 55-63C
    CPU Temps - 50-64C
    GPU power draw maxed out at 271Watts (because of undervolting)
    CPU package power draw, still on stock, maxed out at 85W (the 5600x at 4.6 OC all cores was drawing 85W for reference)

That's almost 10 degrees difference between the TU150 and the NR200p considering I was only able to put:
    - 1 120mm exhaust fan at the top near the front
    - 1 120mm and 1 140mm fan on the cooler setup as exhaust (2 140mms won't work because of the 24pin ATX cable)

The TU150 had 2 120mm intake fans at the bottom, 1 120mm intake fan in the front and 2 140mm exhaust fans on the cooler. I guess the heat dissipation through the mesh was a real big help in overall temps.

So far, the build is actually quieter than the TU150 which had all those fans running.

Should I try and shoot for a stable OC on this build?

9. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

I was just watching some reviews about this case the past week, and it is a beaut! Cooler master seems to be in a roll nowadays; from great cases, mice, monitors, and headsets. If only they could rebrand to something else because their name to something else because it still sounds like CPU fans.

Did you replace your 5600X to 5800X?

10. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Yeah! I wasn't expecting to get a hold of the 5800x during that weekend too. I do have a build project required for the office which I could use the 5600x, the TU 150 and the excess Noctua fans. At least it will be put to good use elsewhere.

11. warmgreentea

What a good set of components for an office PC, and it really looks like you wanted the 5800X there. (y)

Lastly, I vaguely remember that we're THE philippine macintosh users group, so what is with all these PC building and upgrading nonsense. Kidding aside, enjoy your ever changing rig! Maybe next time you'd fit a 3090 Ti or something there ha. :ROFLMAO:

12. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Haha! Sakto naman for PC Gaming discussions. I still use a Mac/iOS setup for my work. Those M1s are pretty good value for money right now. Last time I actually bought a Mac for myself was in 2013 pa, the MBP 2012.

3090Ti -> "Will it fit?" experiment... hahaha..

Nah, I think I'm done for now. I think I'm retail PC therapy-ing to soothe the frustration of not being able to get a PS5..

Anyway, time to catch up on some more game time and work stuff to fund this "hobby". hahaha

warmgreentea likes this.
  13. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Was able to purchase The Division 2 from the epic games store app a few weeks ago for $5. I don't know if its icue but its able to control lighting in the system depending on what's happening in the game. I don't mind it and I think it even makes the experience more immersive.

.gif

14. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Wow! RGB is actually plus 25fps. Hahaha

15. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

haha yes! Plus white lighting makes the system run cooler(n):LOL:

16. warmgreentea

What fan setup is that? I think we're on the same boat of having a 4000X and Corsair AIO. I'm getting my GPU this wed so it is time to build my new PC this coming weekend. Got delayed as my sister wasn't able to secure tickets to PH during the holiday season (also the scared factor that US airports are packed) and she'll be here very soon. :coffee:

Lastly, just when we got our 4000 series cases, Corsair has new 5000 models in store now during CES. Oh well. :cautious:

17. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

I just bought 1 extra fan, the sp120 pro. It’s readily available in Lazada/shopee. Hardware sugar sells them, ~around 1,200 I think. Although it’s not pwm like the stock elites of the 4000x, it’s still fully compatible and it looks exactly like the stock fans. My AIO is the h100i platinum. It uses stock ml120’s which I didn’t change. So there, that’s it. Just some notes though: My case came with the commander pro. It made fan setup very easy as you can control everything through icue, both lights and fan speeds. You mentioned that yours came with the lighting node core: this only controls lighting. You’ll need to attach the 3 front fans and rear exhaust (if you decide to put one) to your motherboard. I suggest using a fan splitter so you’ll only have to use one fan header of your board (makes the setup look cleaner). Use two motherboard fan headers if you want to control the rear exhaust fan speed independent of the 3 intake fans. You’d have to use the motherboard bios and/or software to control the sp120’s. If ever you decide to buy a commander pro, you’ll be controlling everything through icue.
    The 5000 series is great! Its like the 4000 series and O11 dynamic had a baby, albeit a huge one!

18. warmgreentea

We have the exact setup idea, as I also got an SP120 Pro from Hardware Sugar's Lazada shop and I also got the H100i Platinum with ML120s (since I only got it for $100), minus the commander pro since I didn't get it. I'll see if I can get by the H100i's nodes and the MB sockets and make it work/look nice, then decide if I need either the commander pro or fan splitters. Was honestly tempted to get a couple of set of LL120s beforehand, but since I'll just be using white as my fan color, all these fans that comes with the parts + the extra SP120 will do.

For the splitter, what do you suggest? Any good ones in Lazada?

19. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

I have a couple of generic fan splitters from China I got from Lazada a while back.
    For the h100i the only part of it you connect to the mb is the pump plug and the usb 2 header. It has its own fan/light controller which will work in icue because of the usb 2 header. The extra 120 pro rgb wire you can connect to the case node core along with the 3 other fans so lights are in sync.

20. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

Ended up getting a Keychron K2 V2 with Gateron Red switches (RGB Aluminum + Hotswap) to replace my Corsair K70 LUX. I'm loving how much space I suddenly gained on my desk but what I'm loving even more is the difference in sound when I press the keys. It sounds so smooth and soothing with a bit of that hollowness to it compared to the K70 and the loud CLICKS. I watched Dave2D's recent setup video on YouTube and his Tealios switches sounded exactly like what I want my keyboard to sound like and I think the Gateron Red comes closest after sampling YouTube videos on the different switch sounds. I'll probably go down the rabbit hole of replacing KB switches and keycaps in a few months time, but for now, I'm gonna enjoy the sweet sweet sound of....typing.

Side-note: how do I check that I actually have the hotswap version? It doesn't indicate anything on the box although when I asked IT World thru Lazada chat if this was the hotswap version, the person replied that it was.

jcsantamarina likes this.