The PC Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ronnel0918, Sep 19, 2014.

1. oj88

oj88 PhilMUG Addict Member

Gamers Nexus recently made a blind test of gaming vs office chairs.

TL;DR: The great majority of gaming chairs are overrated and are essentially copies of one another.

2. jologs

jologs Active Member

A lot of those gaming chairs probably came from the same contract manufacturer in china just with different branding and customizations slapped on to them by the companies that sell them.

raypin likes this.
  3. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

I got from a local guy from pampanga who does it himself. He has a shop in shopee. More pricey than the china made ones but the quality is really good. The cables are thick firm paracords. Message him before ordering as he asks details about your rig. The guy's a nice chap too.
    https://shopee.ph/product/18569732/1060370267

1.jpg
    2.jpg 3.jpg

raypin, Provboy, JohannChua and 3 others like this.
  4. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Anyone here into custom mechanical keyboards? Just recently got a barebones GMMK tenkeyless keyboard from Glorious and some Holy Panda switches for it, but I kind of want to mix and match switches.

Can any of you recommend a reputable shop that sells Cherry or Gateron switches? Particularly red and blues. :)

5. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

WHY??? After getting a set of Holy Pandas??? WHY go back to Cherry or Gateron?

Hahaha..

I'm currently running the ff mech keebs:
    Anne Pro 2 with Tealios Switches.
    Keychron K6 with Glorious Panda switches.

Both have their switches lubed and the bodies "stuffed" to reduce the resonance of the frame.

It's hard to go back to Cherry and Gateron after trying these two switches because of the scratchy feel of those switches. So, if you really want something similar to reds or blues, try the Tealios or Zealios. Both are made much better than Cherry or Gaterons.

With regards to purchasing them, try getting in touch with Rotobox PH. Most of my stuff come from them. They're THE official Glorious importer in the Philippines.

6. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

With the recent tariff coming into effect in the USA and most AIBs increasing their prices, my hopes of getting a reasonably priced 3080 is all but gone. Scalpers won.

Speaking of mechanical keyoards -- I'm currently using a Corsair K70 Lux but I'm thinking of replacing it and go TKL or 65%. Any recommendations for one that is USB-C and has good wireless? Logitech is stuck with micro-usb but they have the best wireless KBs with their Lightspeed Wireless; most others that do have USB-C are on bluetooth with varying degrees of reliability.

mokmoki likes this.
  7. marky2115

marky2115 Active Member

I'm curious about Holy Pandas but it's not compatible with my SK64/GK64 board. Currently using SK64 with Gateron Brown optical switch with inexpensive carbon 64 keycaps ordered from Lazada. Previously using Anne Pro 2 with Gateron Browns and carbon 60 keycaps but had issues with double input/typing on some keys after months of usage. My other keyboards are MagicForce 68 and my 1st keyboard, the indestructible Filco Majestouch 2.

Might try 65% keyboards as good, inexpensive keycaps for 64 keys on 60% layout is hard to find.

8. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

For 65% I would highly recommend the Keychron K6. They always had the better implementation of Bluetooth compared to other brands (AnnePro, Akko and possibly SK/GK). Pairing is very straight forward and the switching between 3 devices is very close to my experience with the MX Master 3 mouse.

I've used the Keychron K1, K2 and K6 and so far the K6 is my favorite. If you can, go for hotswappable and aluminum frame. It's a keeper.

9. warmgreentea

I'm still going to use mainly Holy Pandas for majority of my board, but I kind of want to make the Fkeys and Number keys into a red silent switch, and the directional pad into clicky blues. Just a personal preference as I'm a person who doesn't look at the keyboard when typing, so this is something that will help me correct my errors in the long run. I'm actually in contact with Rotobox, as I even purchased a Model O wireless just a few days ago from them. For Red and Blues, what can you recommend? Is this what you're referring to?

I'm trying to hunt for silent Alpacas or Tangerines but they're just so hard to find locally. To be honest, I currently use a Cherry Blue keyboard (Razer Blackwidow) and I love them. It's one of the most hated switch around, but I don't hear them as I'm usually wearing a headset and my mic has noise cancellation. Just satisfying to feel on the fingers. :LOL:

10. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

I've been eyeing Keychron but all the video reviews I've watched has cooled my interest for the time being, but I keep looking at it since it fits my "style." If I get hotswappable switches, does that mean I still need to buy switches for it and it doesn't come with any of its own? What switches should I be looking at?

11. warmgreentea

Can you share this news? This is something I haven't encountered so far.

I think you'll do well for either an Anne Pro 2 or the K6, as suggested by jcsantamarina. I would have suggested something from Ducky but they're wired. Years ago I was planning on buying a K70 as well, but the font and general typeface of the keyboard was a turnoff for me. :ROFLMAO:

For switches, maybe you should buy something like this (link) so you know your preference. (y)

Leon21 likes this.
  12. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

ah ok!!! Gets! It was kinda weird lang you wanted to go from Pandas to Cherry or even worse, Gaterons.. hahaha.. But if you're going to use them for special keys like FN and numbers and arrows, you can be fine with Cherry. Gateron just feels scratchy talaga if you come from lubed Pandas or lubed ZealPC switches. Yup! Those are the correct ones (referring to your link). Zealios for clicks and tactile, Tealios for linear and smooth.

Hotswappable means, if you want to upgrade or change your switches later on, you don't have to desolder them. My K6 came with Gat Browns, but I immediately swapped them out to Tealios. Then the Pandas came and I never looked back since then. Although, I still miss the smoothness of the Tealios sometimes.

warmgreentea likes this.
  13. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Here's my current wireless/wired input methods:
    IMG_0105.jpg
    L-R: PS5 (Controller only, no console :( ), Razer Tartarus V2 (PC FPS Gaming), Keychron K6, DS4 Controller, MX Master 3 and Glorious Model O Wireless.
    IMG_0106.jpg
    Star Wars keycaps thanks to @bacchus_3 and the rest is a Signature Plastics SA Profile keycap set.

Sunil_K and jayparalejas like this.
  14. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

I love my keychron k2 v2. but one thing that irritates me the most is that the stock keys are so matte that the slightest bit of sweat leaves a mark on it. Might order the mac retro keycaps when It comes back in stock.

15. jayparalejas

jayparalejas Well-Known Member

Looks awesome, does the light shine through the keycaps?

16. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Nah. These are pretty thick ABS keycaps. But usually with this tier of keycaps, you forego the shine through na.

jayparalejas likes this.
  17. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

18. Provboy

Provboy Well-Known Member

I got another 3080 and I don’t know which model to keep. Galax 3080 SG on top, iGame 3080 Ultra OC at the bottom
    [​IMG]

raypin likes this.
  19. warmgreentea

Went ahead and got myself 30 pieces of roselios and 10 pieces zelios. I'll just use the extras for some switches on my K2 which I use for my mac. Thanks for the suggestion. (y)

20. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Sell both. And just buy one from the big 3 - Asus, Gigabyte or MSI. I'm not a fan of any of those 2 brands (Galax and iGame)