The PC Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ronnel0918, Sep 19, 2014.

1. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Best buy generally has the worst UX for my hunt these days, while Newegg has been the best (but also has the most eyes on), and Amazon just feels so shady as I'm sure bots are rampant there. I also have my details saved, but it's best to have some backup for assurance.

I think all in all, it took 18 days from shipping cart to my home, so it was pretty okay. I was more concerned about safety because GPUs are pretty fragile, but the boxes I got never had dents at all. (y)

2. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

I have all my details saved in Best Buy and New Egg, address and credit card just in case! But no luck at all! For example, a notification just popped up on my pc just now as I'm typing this. I immediately click on the link and poof!! - page says item sold out. Am I doing something wrong? I usually click on the product link of the discord post instead of the tracked page. Is that correct? Haha I'm getting desperate! I'm now eyeing the Giagbyte 3070 Vision - that card is a looker! I'm actually looking at scalpers on ebay for it. Made several offers but no luck yet. Trying this route after seeing the price of the "official" geforce store in Lazada for the vision model - 50K!!!!! - more like official scalper!!!!

raypin likes this.
  3. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

AIO finally arrived, though I had to use Grab in order to get it today from Aramex. If you get Aramex as your courier from Amazon, better have them replace it! Anyway, time to get buildin'!

[​IMG]

4. warmgreentea

Was this Asus 3070 KO thing? That kept pinging over and over again for 30mins, you should be one of the first of the first to really click it to your cart. I was able to catch the first ping of that actually, and it was in my cart.. But nah. That Gigabyte Vision is the white one right? That kind of drops from time to time, I'll try to get one when I see it.

I'm just scared to keep buying cards as maybe newegg will flag my account and hinder/deny me to get the card that I really want. When I get the 6800XT, I'll try my luck with 3070s/3080s and maybe sell some here. :ROFLMAO:

Nice!! Happy building there!

5. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Yes it’s the KO thing. But even with the MSI’s the past few days it was the same. Sooo difficult to get lucky on one.

Yes the vision is the white one from gigabyte. Thank you!! It’ll look good in my white build . Plus recently got hold of a gigabyte 5700xt and I like it. They’re pretty quiet and can keep decent thermals.

6. warmgreentea

If you already have a 5700XT, the difference between that and a 3070 is just around 15%, unless you're aming for a 3080?

7. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

For 1080p I think they’re pretty close. For 1440p though the speed difference is upwards of 30% and that’s the reso I use.
    I got the 5700 xt for a really good price before the 11.11 sale in shopee. With the bdo discount, vouchers, coupons and coins I only paid around 20k, shipped. Was thinking it could tide me over until I get a 3070. Will sell it or put it in my son’s rig once I get a 3070.

8. warmgreentea

Whoops. I'm just basing this off the cousin who said that he doesn't plan to upgrade this year due to the small yield of difference from the 5700XT, as he is gaming at 1080 144hz. It actually feels like there's been more drops as of late, so hopefully it normalizes soon as maybe we'd be in RTX4000 and RX7000 era but this gen's cards are still hard to find. :coffee:

9. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

204DCB33-A3B4-4576-8F6F-2479D2EE946A.jpeg FCCABEEF-C25C-4A74-8C4F-2B779FFE26D2.jpeg D78A0D6B-6229-403C-A4D6-5728FD61A79F.jpeg 204DCB33-A3B4-4576-8F6F-2479D2EE946A.jpeg

Sold my GTX 1070 after 4 long years. Here's to hoping this will last just as long. Managed to fit this Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge into a Steck and just as expected, clearance was down to the last millimeter. RTX: finally ON!

My ITX build...a continuous work in progress.

Ryzen 5 3600
    Noctua NH-L12 Ghost S1 Edition
    Nouvolo Steck White base unit
    Zotac RTX 3070 Twin Edge
    Gigabyte Aorus B450i
    Corsair LPX 16GB 3000MHz
    Aorus 500GB NVMe
    Samsung 860 QVO 1TB
    Noctua NF-F12 Black Chromax
    Noctua NF-A9x14 PWM
    FSP Dagger Pro 650w Gold rated
    Custom paracord sleeved PSU cables by DreambigbyRay

Peripherals (not shown)
    Logitech G Pro X keyboard
    Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse
    Logitech G Pro X Headset
    HKC 24" 1080p 144Hz monitor
    Corsair MM350 extended mousepad

SFF is life.

10. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Bit the scalper bullet and called it a day! $800 for a FTW3 ultra with free shipping. Considering that this card goes for $610 in the evga website, plus tax, plus shipping I think I didn’t do too bad hehe (konsuelo de Bobo). But seriously, my credit card called me to confirm the purchase and the conversion turned out to be around 36,800 php. I figure another 3k for shipping to here will make the landed cost just shy of 40k. And again considering the official local srp of the 3070 strix is 52k - and this is just me: I’d take the for the win card over the strix any day of the week, even twice on sundays - 40k for an evga top of the line card is still palatable. Haha hope that made sense!

Sunil_K likes this.
  11. warmgreentea

For 36,800, that's very near the price I got my 3070s, so congrats! Your hunt is over! If i make as, where did you find this seller of yours? I may have someone who's been trying to get one with a budget of 35k, and this seems close enought.

On a random note, if you check the PS5 thread, I was able to snag a PS5 from BestBuy just now-- the luck continues! Wed is 6800XT day so I'm both excited and nervous. Just really need a good card for Cyberpunk 2077, there's a buyer who's willing to get my 3080 for a premium so I'm counting on that. :ROFLMAO:

Sunil_K likes this.
  12. bowman60

bowman60 Active Member

Wow! Stop for while and save some of that luck for the 6800xt you've been waiting for. Itech's local pre-order for the ps5 was an epic fail. Their site crashed even before the actual pre-order time. I, on the other hand will stop now. Got my FTW card to replace my old 1070 FTW. Found a good listing on ebay that accepted offers. He replied right away to my offer and that's that. Over 500 positive feedbacks, perfect at that, and long time ebay member. Will PM you details. I also got an offer earlier today for a 3070 xc3 black gaming for $770. Will send over the seller as well. Congrats! you're officially on a roll!!

Sunil_K likes this.
  13. warmgreentea

I heard that PS5's event was a sh*t show in all directions, never did I try to snag one as I forgot about it. We're used to these bots, so I'm not surprised that happened hahaha. Looks like you found good sources, while still on the higher side, at least it's not 45k with how initial selling prices were. Thanks bud, let's see this wed if I can get any AIB cards so that my hunt is over as well. :D

14. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm....why a 24” only? Or a typo?

15. warmgreentea

16. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Wow! Good job guys! Looking forward to those builds and some gaming! hahaha.. Errrrr.. this is the PC Gaming Thread right?

Hahaha..

I may have to take back what I said about the 5900X.. After some reading and researching, I'm thinking that it MAY be overkill for gaming. I might just settle with a 5800X. I feel like I'd want more cores and threads than a 5600X if I'm planning to game and stream on that build.

What say you?

17. Leon21

Leon21 Active Member

All the YouTubers keep saying for the price that the 5800X is going for, it's better value to just pay the 5900X and if most of your usage is gaming, it's better to save money and buy the 5600X. This is based on MSRP price, of course. not local scalper prices.

18. warmgreentea

For just $100 more for extra 4 cores and 6 threads and around +30% performance, I still think that 5900X is the better deal than the 5800X esp if you plan to stream while gaming, as 5800X will be pushed to its limits by then (and considering some productivity to boot).

5600X is still the best deal on just purely gaming because the performance is just so close to 5800X. 5900X will probably be good for 3-4 years of optimal games performance, but pretty sure that the next gen/two gens, the (assumingly) 7600X will beat it twice fold by then. 3900X is already getting spanked by 5600X performance these days. :coffee:

19. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Ok! But if I jump to 5900X:
    1) Overkill for my "gaming" needs
    2) Not much savings in terms of thermals and price vs performance coming from my 10700k.

Now going to 5600x:
    1) Feels like a downgrade from 10700k.
    2) Might need more cores down the line as games get optimized to utilize higher cores. Emphasis on the "might need".

I know that the 10700k was a bit of a "bad timing" build, but since it's an almost free upgrade.. I had to do it asap. AND I completely agree with you that the 5800x is in a bad spot right now. Save more with the 5600x or get up-sell to a 5900x.

Now that I have to choose between the two extremes.. I can safely stay in my current build (intel) and possibly wait for pricing to REALLY normalize.

shifty_md likes this.
  20. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

Not a typo, but that was the monitor I was using while my GTX 1070 was still with me. But that's my next target after the recent GPU upgrade.

raypin likes this.