The PC Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ronnel0918, Sep 19, 2014.

1. suavecito

suavecito PhilMUG Addict Member

Gears Tactics is really good! I bought it on Steam for around P1200.

Theus and raypin like this.
  2. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

was thinking of waiting for this to drop in price later In the year during winter sale as I have a lot of backlog in games. Have not finished all the expansion/dlc of xcom2.

3. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Also have the K95. I like the volume directly on the keyboard. Vey convenient.

Theus likes this.
  4. jcsantamarina

jcsantamarina Buzz Ambassador
    Staff Member

Wow!
    Extension upon extension of ECQ has made me stuck here indefinitely.. so... with boredom..
    took out the AiO and installed it already. Hahaha
    CF77D95A-E0D7-45C8-BC98-E6F8B1787E5B.jpeg

Saw some completed builds online and was intrigued by the way they placed the tubing and that was my favorite kind.

Just finishing up some Destiny 2 quests but I recently played Titanfall 2 again. It’s quite nice to play on PC. Will finish that and Fallen Order.

Now that I finally installed the AiO, I heard that the 3600 can be OCed. What/Who are your go to guides?

#324 jcsantamarina, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020
    raypin likes this.
  5. shifty_md

shifty_md Active Member

Is that an H60i? How are the thermals with that kind of setup? I had my first AIO purchase (Thermaltake 120mm RGB AIO) replaced with an air cooling fan because it was outright defective, and mounting one and an ITX CPU is a pain in the ass.

6. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

I got a 12-15% improvement from the stock fan during idle and peaks. I used to peak at 81C, now it doesn't go over 71. Although, I think what kept it also cooler at stock is that I have lower ambient temps here in Cali compared to if I were back there in Manila.

7. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

PSA: GTA V is available for free on Epic Games Store

Theus likes this.
  8. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

you had one job:
    8DC78611-C36B-4D95-9232-A20EDD46AB44.jpeg
    pretty sure we all have that similar ‘horror’ story with how PC gaming takes us to another world :D

Juice, Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  9. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

mmm....90 gig. My nephew alerted me last night. Free is free.

10. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

I wish that it is also free on MacOS and other platforms :(

11. jcsantamarina

Staff Member

Borderlands Handsome collection is free on the Epic Games store this weekend.

ALSO.. Ryzen 7 3700x is on sale at Amazon.. hmmm.. You guys think it's worth it to upgrade from my R5 3600?

raypin likes this.
  12. isaak

isaak Active Member

Hi guys, my son has caught the PC gaming bug and we're about to build his first rig. May I ask where's the best place to get the components? TIA

13. raypin

Mm....order it online. Go to Tipidpc.com to start.

Juice and isaak like this.
  14. raypin

mm...safe to deal with Questlogic Paranaque where I get my pc stuff since forever or PC Hub Gilmore (in front of St Paul kyusi). They are listed sa tipidpc.

For research on the latest hardware and benchmarks, tomshardware is my go to resource. Prioritize expenditure on graphics card, followed by the rest. Dont get the latest intel or amd processors if it is just for gaming. 99% of PC games are GPU-bound so a modest CPU is recommended. Split storage with a smaller SSD for your OS/non-game software and a standard 7200 rpm or 10000 rpm platter drive as your gaming install and mass media storage. If on a budget. A near TOTL gaming rig will set you back 100k php. If you want @Juice level rig, budget 200k php. Lol! A competent gaming rig, perhaps 50k php. For air cooling, the bigger the fans, the quieter the rig so 120 mm and up diameter fans. For future proofing, invest in bigger capacity PSU modular (good brand so it will last many years).

#334 raypin, Jul 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    Sunil_K, isaak and JohannChua like this.
  15. isaak

isaak Active Member

Thanks a lot! Though tbh these are all greek to me. I checked out TipidPC and there are some sellers with good reputation selling completely built rigs. Question - it is advisable to buy from TPC sellers completely built units?

Also, my budget is 40-50k range. Would it be too much to ask you to give me a list of components that i can purchase for that price range? Ok lang if its too much hassle. Thanks!

16. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Anyone playing on EA servers? Lots of DDOS attacks. Everyone is just talking while frozen in lag. Funny actually.

17. raypin

mm..save yourself the trouble. Go to PC Gilmore and buy a completed unit or instruct Gilmore to supply you the rig unassembled so you and your son can have fun assembling it.

http://pcgilmore.com.ph/index.php?route=product/category&path=26

plus monitor. Get fast response time, 1080 is fine but if you want to spend more, get 1440p reso.

Latest price list (downloadable).

Dont forget to buy a Windows 10 OEM license.

isaak likes this.
  18. Gman2000

Gman2000 Member

well you could try this setup from a youtuber . I see he has listed his recommendations in the description box.

isaak likes this.
  19. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

I noticed that prices of PC parts have risen 10-20% these days, capitalizing on the fact that most of us are now just home. I had built a pc on paper early this Feb on a build that I was planning to get this year, which would have cost me 76,000 pesos, and with the same parts nowdays, it's going to cost me 88,000. I guess I'll wait for black friday/cyber monday to see if I can get a good deal on some smaller parts like the CPU, RAM, SSD, PSU, and MOBO. A friend also told me to wait for the 4th gen Ryzen CPUs.

My i5 + GTX 1060 is doing fine, but I'd like some of those tasty 1440p 144hz someday soon. :whistle:

EDIT: The cost is based on the prices from PCHub in gilmore, which is usually my go to for PCs.

raypin likes this.
  20. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

^^ It's more due to the fact that supplies are running low or even out of stock everywhere. Stores pulling all stops to maintain revenue. Shipment delays to PH (or not shipping at all), and even if they are, they're held up in customs for weeks. Everything from PC components to cameras to audio equipment to game consoles... Di halatang may first-hand experience. Haha

To anyone planning to build in the short term: If you already have a specific parts list, be ready to scratch half of it and you'll have to get whatever's available (whether to get less or more expensive, your call).

I've been looking for a specific RTX GPU for quite a while and I'm beginning to think I should just wait for the next gen stuff.