The PC Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Third party hardware, software and accessories' started by ronnel0918, Sep 19, 2014.

1. max_Moon

max_Moon Well-Known Member

I used the new OC Scanner automatic overclocking function of the latest version of MSI afterburner and I maxed out the voltage offset to give it headroom. I returned it to the stock clocks since the gains were minimal and not worth the extra power and heat. After a while, GPU driver kept on crashing. Then for the next couple of hours, the display started glitching, and finally, the PC refused to boot with the graphics card installed.

2. Juice

Juice PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

Got it. Over volting. Did you start in increments though? I would've thought the MSI afterburner will have a safety function to prevent that from happening, unless you turned it off. Oh well, it's the greatest reason to upgrade anyway. :)

Theus and raypin like this.
  3. max_Moon

I just followed this guide: https://www.msi.com/blog/get-a-free-performance-boost-with-afterburner-oc-scanner

Anyway, I'm still not 100% sure that was the sole reason for the failure. There must have been other factors at play.

In any case, you're right. I was already contemplating to upgrade my card for a while now to better drive my new 3440 x 1440 120hz monitor but I was having second thoughts if it was really necessary to upgrade. It became a no-brainer to pull the trigger after that happened.

Juice and raypin like this.
  4. Juice

Supporter

Got to benchmark one Firestrike. I'll download the entire 3D Mark tomorrow.
    Firestrike.jpg

@jologs Which 3440x1440 monitor do you have? My son has a 3440x1440 but only at 100hz. Asus ROG

raypin likes this.
  5. max_Moon

Acer Predator X34P. The refresh rate can be overclocked to 120Hz. YMMV.

Juice likes this.
  6. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

just delivered (freebie with last year’s ASUS ROG desktop purchase) (y)

A8E26A51-8E1F-48A3-8FEB-2193B91FB4E9.jpeg

FFB65785-06FB-467C-979B-32D33CB9E992.jpeg

now if only I had the space for this (n)

Godfather, Dekra, hitme64 and 4 others like this.
  7. Juice

Supporter

That seems to be the only shop in the south of Manila that carries high end components. The problem is the supply easily runs out. When I was looking for the 2 RTX2080Ti, someone just bought the last one, just a day before. Then, I asked for the i8700k, and 3 other customers smiled and said they were all buying the same item and someone got the last one.

hitme64, Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  8. xxadonisxx

xxadonisxx Active Member

bought the steam key of game RESIDENT EVIL 2 at Greenman Gaming for ONLY 1,263.21 pesos! the cheapest price for this game and got my steam key and activated it on steam instantly! i'm now preloading it on steam, excited to play it soon! :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Juice, hitme64 and Theus like this.
  9. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I have exactly the same chair, except for the ROG logo, but I don’t use mine because I tend to take a nap on it instead and forego gaming for like 1 hour.

raypin and Theus like this.
  10. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

Haha. Seat’s a little deep for me though, ended up giving it to my eldest who now uses it to take naps instead of studying :whistle:

AK’s are massive, heavy and really look the part. Built with heavy gaming in mind. Sayang, would have been perfect for my intense candy crush sessions :ROFLMAO:

raypin, Sunil_K and hitme64 like this.
  11. Juice

Supporter

The last parts arrived! Ready to start a new build. 560mm Black Ice SR2 multi port satin white.
    IMG_1154.jpg
    Makes the iPhone7 look really small
    IMG_1158.jpg
    Multiple port
    IMG_1159(1).jpg

Sunil_K, hitme64 and raypin like this.
  12. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

I had to stop playing for a couple of months since my cooling liquid leaked onto my motherboard and GPU and had to deconstruct everything. Now i have to wait if it’ll still work or if i have to change everything and start building a new rig.

This “hobby” is getting too expensive but heck, watching it build is actually the fun part here.

raypin, Sunil_K and Juice like this.
  13. Juice

Supporter

It turns out those 560mm rad is a lot more difficult to put in, even with a super tower. Especially the Black Ice, which is a lot bigger on the edges than other 560mm rads. I assembled the fans and rad on the bracket while it was out of the case, and I couldn't put it in, I had to disassemble it and install it while the bracket is in the case, which required me to use even my feet to lift up the rad.
    IMG_1199.jpg IMG_1173.jpg IMG_1196.jpg
    Out and in to the VGA blocks
    IMG_1187.jpg
    Location for the drain valve
    IMG_1192.jpg

bowman60, Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  14. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...make sure you use virgin H2O as coolant. Preferably drilled from an iceberg. Arctic cold. Trust me........... :ROFLMAO:

Sunil_K and Juice like this.
  15. Juice

Supporter

Seriuosly, I ordered a TDS monitor to test the distilled water for the amount of contaminants ppm. I bought Primochill concentrate and kill coils. :p

raypin and Sunil_K like this.
  16. raypin

Mm...just got this Ubisoft email offer:

7E38934A-C37C-4C88-9A37-1FACE77C6F10.jpeg

Juice likes this.
  17. Juice

Supporter

Leak testing...and yes it leaked. I was looking forward to Metro Exodus. Looks like I'm going to wait a little more.
    IMG_1334.jpg IMG_1336.jpg

raypin likes this.
  18. raypin

Mm...beginning to look awesome! This is for your son, right? If so, ba’t di siya ang gumawa? Just curious.

19. Juice

Supporter

This one is my rig. They’re identical except for the motherboard. He wants to start his in May. I took out mine from the server cabinet. I have an Auorus and he has an Asus Strix motherboard.

Theus, Sunil_K and raypin like this.
  20. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Tatay! howz about me? :p

Just kidding... awesome rig man! (y)

porkypork, raypin and Juice like this.