The Nike+ Runners Club

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by elbert, Jan 18, 2007.

1. jmgr

jmgr Member

Re: The Nike + iPod Runners Club

Hi elbert, kindly include me in the challenge... jmgr on nike +

Thanks!

2. peter_ob

peter_ob Active Member

The Nike+,com Challenge feature is so cool! I am currently running four challenges. What a great motivator.

3. dominiquejames

dominiquejames Active Member

peter_ob, nice! you've out-run juniortan -- for now. does it mean i have to give up my rest day and run again just to keep my lead? hahaha! so how come there are 3 who have yet to post their runs?

4. chairman

chairman Moderator
    Staff Member

Wag niyong intayin ako ang sumali sa takbuhan..... wala lang... hahahah natutuwa lang ako sa thread na ito. imagine, an ipod and a sport kit got people to exercise, when their health and well being wasn't enough before... hahahaha.

5. elbert

elbert Active Member

Peter, di ko kaya yung ginawa mo today. I thought my 11K would be enough to get me to 3rd, but man, I'm no match for your 17K. saludo ako sa iyo.

Pati kay DJ, saludo ako. To run 10K a day is amazing.

I'm exhausted from today's run. I paced at 6 mins per kilometer, so it took me over an hour to complete the 11K. But I feel really good with this accomplishment.

I'll see how I feel tomorrow. I might just try to overtake the top 3.

6. jfshandler

jfshandler Guest

:confused: Can't catch up but will zoom my way in the long run. This thread is inspiring!!!

7. jfshandler

jfshandler Guest

Re: The Nike+iPod Runners Club

Kindly include me in the challenge ( in spite of the thought that I will hit the bottom of the list ). jfsrunning07 is my nike+ screen name.

8. elbert

elbert Active Member

jfshandler, please PM me the email address you used to reg with nike+, I tried adding jfsrunning07 and it wouldn't go through.

9. Dinkydoo

Dinkydoo Member

I had a very good run too and the second wind is so invigorating. Eto nga lang gising na gising pa diwa ko at 1AM.

Peter was so surprising!!! one minute when i uploaded my data, he wasn't there tapos after a minute, ngeek, 17K and 2nd place!!! i wonder if your legs are going to be sore tomorrow. :p

10. jmgr

jmgr Member

got the invite. thanks elbert!

11. peter_ob

peter_ob Active Member

Set a new nike+ milestone with that run. My longest workout at 2 hours.

Sorry, personal best pala. Not a nike+ milestone. This is reserved for mileage landmarks set in nike+.com.

#111 peter_ob, Feb 3, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2007
  12. dominiquejames

Is there a way to view the complete list of challengers and their achievements without having to scroll down?

13. peter_ob

peter_ob Active Member

I doubt it. What i would really want Nike+.com to have is a feature where you can preview challengers stats. This way you will know whom you will be up against. ; )

14. elbert

elbert Active Member

My last run is my personal best too, both in distance and time. It set out for a 10K run. I should try doing a timed run next time out and see where 2 hours takes me.

More than anything, it's my back that's aching. I'm still experiencing runner's high though!

I have an idea. When this challenge is over, let's meet up at a hotspot over dinner and drinks so we can compare stats. I'm really curious to see your charts. Is that okay?

#114 elbert, Feb 3, 2007
  15. dominiquejames

A friend told me that every time you burn 3,000 calories, you lose a pound. Is this true? For every 10 or so K of distance I cover, I log a loss of about a thousand calories, which means, in approximately 3 runs, I shed off a pound. In no time, I'll be sexy. Bwahahahaha! But as they say, the flabs are the first to appear and the last to go. Hahahaha! If I keep up with this, I'll have a new body by this time of the year next year, in time for Bora in 2008. Hahaha!

The UP oval is 2.2K (which has been measured over and over again I was told), and I'm amazed at how accurate the Nike+iPod is! Every time I make my first complete round, I check the reading and it reads the figure correctly.

I've been running a week prior to the start of our challenge so I was able to build up some measure of strength. I think the one thing going for me is endurance more than speed. Still, my body -- legs and lower back in particular, are still aching. Hahaha!

#115 dominiquejames, Feb 3, 2007
  16. peter_ob

peter_ob Active Member

Schedule permits dinner and drinks is fine with me. Looking forward to it. As for our aching body _ No pain no gain or should I say lose... pounds that is. ; )

17. elbert

elbert Active Member

BTW, there's a couple of widgets available for download. One is for goals, the other one to track challenges. They make things pretty convenient. Just click on support in the nikeplus.com site to find them.

Also, am I correct in assuming that the dots in the line represent the times I press the nano's center button to check on my progress during the workout?

#117 elbert, Feb 3, 2007
  18. jfshandler

jfshandler Guest

19. Fidel

Fidel Member

WOH! Just got pushed all the way down by you guys! I guess we all have to watch out for the weekends. DJ is still in the lead but Peter is closing in fast.

This is exciting! :D

20. Fidel

Fidel Member

Yes, I think you're correct. Looking at my own dots, it seems that they do indeed represent the times I pressed the center button.