The Nike+ Runners Club

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by elbert, Jan 18, 2007.

1. jfshandler

jfshandler Guest

Re: The Nike + iPod Runners Club

Sonamagan! Am joining the run! Gangway!

2. Fidel

Fidel Member

Going to buy my gear tom and I've decided to get a Nike+ shoe instead of waiting for the Marware pouch to arrive here.

Let's set up a group soon folks? :)

3. dominiquejames

dominiquejames Active Member

I was at the Nike store in GB 3 and saw only 3 models of the Nike + shoes. I'm going to try other stores later.

Can you guys recommend which "running" podcasts to listen to?

#43 dominiquejames, Jan 26, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  4. ateneoboy

ateneoboy Member

Just a quick question for the Nike and Ipod Sport device, does it strictly have to be an Ipod Nano or will the device also work for an Ipod video?

5. mistermoya

mistermoya Active Member

Only for the Nano, but it works with both generations of Nanos. :)

6. dominiquejames

If you are planning to buy a Nike + shoes, you might want to check out the Nike Park in Robinson's Galleria. They have a sale until end of the month only. You can get 10 to 20 percent off on almost all products. The men's models available (with discount) that will work with the Nike + iPod transmitter are: Air Max Motto +, Air Max 90 Lace +, and Air Structure Triax 10 +. They also have women's model of Air Max 90 +. To see these models, visit the http://www.nikeplus.com site and click on Products.

By the way, if you are just starting out, you might want to consult with a medical professional or a health expert who can draw up a simple and easy-to-begin program that will start you off the right way while keeping you motivated. Also, with a program, you'll minimize or avoid possible injuries. Be safe and have fun everyone!

#46 dominiquejames, Jan 27, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2007
  7. freelancer

freelancer Active Member

I'm so excited to join this runners' club. I'm coming home next month and first thing on my shopping list is the Nike+ iPod accessory.

I'm not completely sold on Nike running shoes so I'm hoping to find one of the alternative pouches to attach the accessory to my New Balance shoes. Sorry, Nike - I love you but for running, I'm completely in love with NB.

Spring is coming! Can't wait!

8. jfshandler

jfshandler Guest

Same here, we've been indoctrinated to run with New Balance since our Academy days. But with Nike Plus, my NB shoes might give way to this technology on running( with ipod inspiring you in the background ). Even saw one Balikatan participant wearing one. Wonder how fast they run in Basilan!!!

9. Fidel

Fidel Member

Bad day today. Went to Megamall and they don't have the kit in Nike or in the Apple Center. Nike told me that the kit will arrive around March and Apple Center told me that they do not have it at all, even in Greenbelt.

Another note: Nike told me that the "US version" of the kit does not work here in Asia in the sense that you cannot upload your records online? Is that true?

10. elbert

elbert Active Member

I just texted Lawrence. The sport kit is still available at the GB3 branch, but in limited quantity. Better hurry, baka maubusan ka.

That's not true about the "US version". Mine's from the US too and I'm able to see my data at nike.com.

11. dominiquejames

I started my running program today at UP Diliman. I had a great workout! :)

12. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

I passed by PMC @ GB3 last night. There were if i am not mistaken six Nike+ kits on display.
    Php2200 each.

13. elbert

elbert Active Member

I can't seem to log into the discussion board. I can log in to nikeplus.com and see my stats, but every time I go the to the forums, I'm a guest. When I click login, it takes me back to the beginning, where I see my last run. What gives? I want to join the Asia beginners challenge.

14. dominiquejames

I chose the remix version of "Who's The Boss" by Diana Ross as my PowerSong. Hahaha! It's working for me. Hahahaha! What's your PowerSong?

#54 dominiquejames, Jan 29, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  15. elbert

elbert Active Member

Ok, I got in now. Iba pala yung registration ng forums from nikeplus. I signed up for the challenge.

16. mistermoya

mistermoya Active Member

Anybody subscribe to the Podrunner podcast? :) It's available on iTunes. Very good mix of songs and it's free. :)

17. peter_ob

peter_ob Active Member

I signed up with the 30 & over vs. the young ones challenge, I'll check out the asia challenge later.

18. dominiquejames

The podcasts I found and which I'm trying out are: Hal Higdorn's Training Tips, McMillian Running.com, Podcasts for Running (a runner's program), Run to 300 (an easy runner's program).

19. Dinkydoo

Dinkydoo Member

Hi Elbert! =) saw your name today on the challenge. Your confirmation is pending. The leader in the challenge must have ran over the weekend. He's way ahead now and the challenge is getting more intense.

20. Fidel

Fidel Member

Reserved a sport kit unit over the phone today to be picked up tom. Thanks for the help Elbert.

Thank you Powermac GB3 for the said service. :)

Can't wait to join the challenge, already broke in my Nike+ shoes the other day. Just have to make do with the Nike Arm wallet for now though, powermac is out of stock with regards to the Nike armbands.

My powersong is My Chemical Romance's "Welcome to the Black Parade"; the line "carry oooonnn" makes me fly. :D