The NFL Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Sunil_K, Sep 4, 2012.

1. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^The one that bombed? Oh wow aint that foreboding.

2. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

Been a long time Patriots fan. Even calling Brady, GOAT, 2 seasons back . but this is getting ridiculous :D . more than the Pats (and Broncos), I love the game and want new blood taking over. So yes, go Rams!

3. arkaell

arkaell Active Member

I googled it and I didn't know until now that it was that movie.

4. eag

eag PhilMUG Addict Member

I root for underdogs, so I liked the pats back when Drew Bledsoe was their big hope. Then he got injured and they were doomed to have to use their backup, Tom Brady.
    I think the reason the pats could never win before was their old helmet logo. Who the heck can get pumped up for a game with this on their head?
    [​IMG]

arkaell likes this.
  5. arkaell

arkaell Active Member

I prefer that logo actually. The red unis are awesome.

6. Sir iAco

Sir iAco PhilMUG Addict Member
    Supporter

QUARTER 3
    [​IMG]
    12:49
    FIELD GOAL 3-3
    Greg Zuerlein 53 yard field goal
    PLAYS 10YDS 42POS 04:22
    3-3

7. Sir iAco

Supporter

QUARTER 4
    [​IMG]
    08:00
    TOUCHDOWN 10 - 3
    Sony Michel 2 yard TD run (Stephen Gostkowski extra point is GOOD)
    PLAYS 5YDS 69 POS 02:49
    10 - 3

8. antski

antski Well-Known Member

6 for Brady and the Patriots!

9. Sir iAco

Supporter

Patriots defeat Rams 13-3 in Super Bowl LIII

[​IMG]

10. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

11. eag

That was a terrible game from the Rams. In the fourth quarter I thought they might as well just go for it and try crazy trick plays and anything and everything since it seemed like they had nothing to lose at that point. But Goff kept playing like he just didn’t want to get hit. No fire in their bellies at all in this game

#651 eag, Feb 4, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    hitme64 and Theus like this.
  12. arkaell

arkaell Active Member

13. hitme64

Looked like they were spooked by Brady’s prediction of a sixth title even before they kicked that ball...

And Goff played like he was still in college, which presumably would have been more flashy than his play today...

Expect a lot of Kraft and Brady memes today to coincide with Trump’s predilection against Barron playing football

14. eag

I had thought that, thanks to Tom Brady, Drew Bledsoe never had the chance to get a Super Bowl ring. But I googled it, and he was Brady’s backup quarterback Super Bowl 36. So Drew Bledsoe does have a super bowl ring, thanks to Brady who was Super Bowl MVP that year.

And this year, thanks to Brady, Brian Hoyer has a Super Bowl ring too. Wonder how Dan Marino feels about that

15. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Just starting up our NFL thread for 2019. Amazing Tom Brady is still playing at 42. Three other modern-day QBs played up to 44: Warren Moon, Steve DeBerg & Vinny Testaverde. The oldest player to play QB was George Blanda who retired at 48! Brady will probably try to play until 50, maybe even until he's 67 (US version of SC)! :eek:

hitme64 likes this.
  16. hitme64

Start about right! Am rooting for the hometown Bills now that they have new wide receiver John Brown, and get this, he may be on pace for 1,000 yards and may catch 80 passes and is their best offensive weapon this year. Segue also to rookie Singletary, LB Edmunds and QB Allen doing their thing and the Bills are looking better than last year.

17. VicB

VicB PhilMUG Addict Member

Am hoping that Jimmy GQ (Garropolo) can stay healthy this year. He's already had 2 injuries in his short NFL career (one each with Patriots & Niners).

18. greeneyes

greeneyes Member

A.B. to Pats (!!!) will only arouse the Pats-haters to the nth degree! haha!!! All I can say is: Bring it on!!! Or better still… as TB12 would say: “What do we do with the haters? Just love them.” :):):)

I’ve been sooo excited for the start of the season – to see my Pats back on the field – which is actually an understatement. :) Now… with this blockbuster signing… my excitement is turning into… like a “spiritual elation.” The football gods must be drunk to have gifted the best team with another “lethal weapon.” It is just unfair!!! But I’m not complaining. hahaha!!!

I know there is a great risk (AB is risk-personified and drama-incarnated!)… but if there is one team which can afford it, I believe, it is NE. If AB plays to his potentials (without the drama, or at least less of it) – needless to say what that will bring to NE. If it does not work… BB can just cut him “cold turkey” without hurting the team that much. Pats are capable – they have proven this time and time again – of moving on. That is simply Pats’ culture – the Patriots’ way!

Go Pats!!!

hitme64 likes this.
  19. hitme64

Antonio Brown should’ve gone to the Jets, you know, just to prop up that sorry franchise with some star power and adrenaline :whistle: Now the Patriots have added a new one to add to its star worries, err, issues, err, lineup. Belichick will have his hands full on Brown, but he just gushes with “ready to work hard” admiration for him. We’ll See. This season would be a knockout!

#659 hitme64, Sep 9, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2019
    greeneyes likes this.
  20. hitme64

The Bills win over the Cowboys show that Josh Allen is ready for primetime. Watched their game while waiting for my flight back home. Also, their 9-3 record shows the NFL it’s no fluke so far for the Bills. They oughtta be taken seriously now, right Pats?