The new MacBook (2015)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by docnico, Mar 10, 2015.

1. mr.butch

mr.butch Member

Delivery of USB- C VGA multiport adapter is now down to a couple of weeks. I placed my order online yesterday and I just got a confirmation from the Apple Store that it will be delivered to me on June 9.

2. Eriction

Eriction Member

Tried ordering now and it's showing a delivery date of 6/18 to 6/22... was that what was being reflected initially when you placed your order?

3. mr.butch

mr.butch Member

The initial date given in the processing notification was June 17-19. But when the shipment notification came it said June 9. I also received a text from the Apple Store about the June 9 delivery.

4. vgsison

vgsison Well-Known Member

I am lookng for a space grey macbook 2015 256GB. Prefer BTB for the discount?

5. iRoh

iRoh Member

Hi all. I have a question: Is there a significant difference between the 1.1 and 1.2 Ghz processors of the Macbook? I don't really do much more than emails, surfing, some spreadsheet, and watching youtube. I know the 1.1 can handle all these, but just the same I'd like to know the difference. Thank you.

6. Jsnc

Jsnc Active Member

The main difference between the two models is the size of the SSD. 256gb for the 1.1 and 512gb for the 1.2. Not much difference between the two processors, as far as I know.

7. amboy

amboy Member

hello everyone,

just got my MBP retina 13" silver 256GB early 2015 from BTB at One Rockwell yesterday. They still have several stocks including the new MBA.

8. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Congratulations Amboy...but you should place your post in the MBP Thread as this IS the New MacBook thread...fyi

9. scubadiverdaw

scubadiverdaw Active Member

After several days of indecision on whether I will get the new macbook or just wait for the 2nd or 3rd gen, I finally decided to wait. I dont think I can live with only 1 port and the multi port adaptor is pretty expensive. I opted for a macbook Air 11" BTO.

I will just wait for the 2nd or 3rd gen so if anyone is interested with a macbook gold 256gb, i just released my reservation with Danica. Kindly get in touch with her as it is available in one branch already :)

10. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Sayang, I'm looking for the 512gb (grey preferably, or silver but not gold) version for my wife. [emoji3]

#410 gaol, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
  11. Yagbolz

Yagbolz Well-Known Member

Is this available locally?

[video=youtube;hxYC_xPXIrQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxYC_xPXIrQ[/video]

12. Shikiti

Shikiti Member

got mine just today at BTB Centris [emoji7][​IMG]

13. hitme64

^BTB has stocks? hmmm

how much?

14. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

15. armel

armel Active Member

While I'm waiting for stocks of the Macbook to normalize, I keep on reading and watching reviewers' opinion about it. Here's something that made me think twice for the first time: http://youtu.be/L2WOW8e2nZQ. Let me see for how long. :-D

16. JMacalinao

JMacalinao Active Member

Believe you me, I've watched every MacBook review on YouTube, including LTT's, trying to justify my potential purchase (since I need a secondary computer soon that will replace my Surface). And this is my dilemma... Me choosing this over the rMBP is like thinking with my heart instead of my brain. Drives me nuts :mad: :D

Personally, it would've been a no-brainer if Apple simply slapped a Retina display in the 13-inch MBA and kept the rest. But I guess Apple did it for the sake of progress.

17. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm also on a wait and see mode. If apple will be changing the exterior colors of the rMBP similar to that of the new macbook, then i'll go for that one. Kinda bored with the current look of the MBPs, i think it's been like that for the past 5-6 years.

18. rockion

rockion Member

for all those who's whining and Dilemma about the single USB Type-C that Apple should put THUNDERBOLT 2 port instead of the new USB Type-C. check this out!!!

THUNDERBOLT 3 TYPE-C 40Gbps speed

Intel Announces Thunderbolt 3 With USB-C, Single-Cable Support for Dual 4K Displays at 60Hz - Mac Rumors

Thunderbolt 3 embraces USB Type-C connector, doubles bandwidth to 40Gbps | Ars Technica UK

holy cow! sweet dual 4K display at 60Hz hahaha:cool:

but I guess the new macbook doesn't support 60Hz and only 30Hz for a single 4K display only.

19. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Yep news is out that Intel plans to somehow integrate Thunderbolt with USB-C in the future. Interesting!

With USB-C, Thunderbolt May at Last Fulfill Its Promise | WIRED

The next question is how long will mass adoption take considering everybody is still using USB-A plugs EVERYWHERE.

Just a tip for early adopters of the Macbook. If you cannot wait for the second revision of the Macbook, I suggest you purchase the entry level Macbook (1.1/256) because from my experience low end models tend to depreciate the least when you sell them. So that when the second revision comes out with all the amazing wiz bang improvements like a SECOND USB-C port, 720p camera, etc - you will lose less coin.

20. hitme64

Maybe not a second usb-c port but higher specs maybe like 1.3Ghz speed and...nothing else probably

So why not get it now like Ryan says.?