The new MacBook (2015)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by docnico, Mar 10, 2015.

1. vgsison

vgsison Well-Known Member

Salaryman ryan, thanks for sharing your issue with the. macbook 12" wifi. Hope it gets solved soonest.

2. jazon_pogi

jazon_pogi Active Member

After coming back from our beach getaway, i tried the iMovie app in my MacBook. Initial loading, importing hundreds of photos and music are pretty smooth. However, when i tried to Share and create an .mp4 file, the MacBook seems like getting exhausted. Its getting really really warm and temperature warning message appeared in my screen and requiring to stop the iMovie app. I never experienced this in my MacBook Air when doing the same. I ignored the message and let it complete the task knowing that its doing strenuous activity haha! Nevertheless, the movie was created perfectly well and let the MacBook to cool down.

3. lbj_19

lbj_19 Member

Was decided to get an mba 11" this june when I go abroad but when I saw the macbook today, it makes the mba look outdated in the looks department. Had a chit chat with a sales rep and the rep said she would still prefer the mba with it having a better processor. She even went and said the macbook is like other company's net book in terms of performance. Lol

4. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Im loving the keyboard on this thing and force touch is really impressive! No wifi issues for me neither. Only drawback i guess is the lack of 3rd party adapters locally. Correct that, lack of adapters, period. I spent all afternoon looking for one but all was in vain. I guess I'd have to get one online but even that would take a week to arrive.

Oh, and never unbox it in front of your wives and girlfriends. Yes, with Ss. Because you should only have one and they shouldn't meet! :p

But seriously, don't, if you don't want to hear the words: enjoy, your, 2013, MacBook, and Air in one sentence together in that order.

5. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

I hope this gets sorted out soon and without any hassle, Ryan!

Anybody else experiencing this Wi-Fi issue with their MacBook?

P.S.
    Ryan, that's a damn good-looking MacBook!

6. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Thanks for the sympathies everyone. I really appreciate it. Some odd but good news, due to work the Macbook had to wait to be brought to the service center. The funny thing is, when I asked my mom if she is experiencing any problems with her Wifi connection she tells me everything is fine, she can even use the Macbook up to the kitchen.

What?!

So afterwork I go back to my mom's house and checked it out myself. All the issues are gone. The Macbook now quickly connects and has a strong internet signal everywhere I go. Just a day ago I was restarting, zapping NVRAM, updating stuff, and pouring on Google on trouble shooting but had no success. Thats great news and saves me the trip to BTB's service center but I'm scratching my head on this one. My gut tells me that my Mom is secretly a tech genius and fixed it herself. All these years she has been been pretending to know nothing about "computers" so that she can get her son to come over weekly to teach and keep her company.

[​IMG]

My Mom's golden Macbook over a bed of lettuce, of course not, its my humongous 2011 17" Macbook. Pro.

#346 Salaryman Ryan, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 18, 2015
  7. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

there is some truth to her statements though. the performance department is the one place the new macbook is lacking.

8. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

That's good to hear, Ryan! Either your mom is a secret tech expert who just wants you to spend time with her, or an update was downloaded, or it was really just a temporary glitch. Did you also check your wi-fi router and ISP? My AirPort Express and PLDT DSL modem at home would play tricks on me sometimes, which are usually resolved after a restart.

9. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

For what I understand although the Intel Core M may only be as fast as a regular Core-i CPU for short bursts but it performs better than mobile Atoms. Just check the benchmark comparison here:

Intel's Broadwell Core M-5Y70: The First Benchmarks

The Macbook maybe not a Macbook Pro but it is certainly no netbook in CPU performance.

#349 Salaryman Ryan, May 18, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  10. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

@Ryan - How do you find the Macbook as compared to the 11" Mba Maxx?

11. aperfectcircle

Any leads on the new Macbooks? Specifically Gold, either 256 or 512. No luck in finding one the last weekend

12. coffeeboy

coffeeboy Active Member

I think there is in Powermac Aura, was just there a while ago

13. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

There's a few units left at Silicon Valley in SM Annex.

Anyone here willing to loan their USB C-A adapter for a couple of days?

14. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

Elbert is selling one on Facebook.

15. jaijin

jaijin Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll try to message him.

16. mikaelrules

mikaelrules Member

I see a late 2013 rMBP in the Marketplace. Looks like you caved. hehehe :)

17. rockion

rockion Member

Does PMC sm north annex have demo unit of this in their store?
    what pmc/btb have demo units in their stores?

18. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^they have them at sm north

19. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

Hi everyone! We're thinking of holding an Apple Watch/The New MacBook meet on the 6th of June, sometime in the evening. Anyone with the new MacBooks willing to show off theirs on said date? Please let me know so the mods can prepare accordingly. Thanks!

20. rockion

rockion Member

Thanks! :)

Update,

to all MB owners who bought their new MB locally BTB/PMC, have you tried to speedtest (Blackmagic) your MB's? cuz last night I went to PMC SM North Annex to check personally the new MB, after I try and experience the unit I checked its speed test and the results showed me a result of WRITE: 192 READ: 255 (just forgot to take a picture). while all the youtube videos that I've watched shows me a speedtest of WRITE: 450+ READ: 770+ results. so hows your speed test? care to share?

#360 rockion, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 20, 2015