The new MacBook (2015)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by docnico, Mar 10, 2015.

1. rockion

rockion Member

I've checked the pricing on the entry level model a week ago and the price is same as the entry level 13inch macbook pro. PHP 64,990 SRP and PHP 62,490 under Educational pricing.

I hope charlie would deal the same or a better price ;D

the site is up now!

apparently if you order it through Apple PH store, you'll wait 3-4 weeks before it arrives in your door step. :p

Questions?,if choosing the High end model, is there a significant boost speed from 1.1 ghz to 1.2 ghz? or is it just the 512GB ssd that your really getting with.

#201 rockion, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. jazon_pogi

jazon_pogi Active Member

Apple Online is now up and already placed my order for Retina Macbook Gold! However, shipping takes 3-4 weeks!!!!!

3. armel

armel Active Member

Checked out the Apple Store PH as well. So tempted to click buy but since I'm going to Singapore in May, i'll just get it from there. Yey!

4. rockion

rockion Member

5. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Even the space gray option is 3-4 weeks

6. jazon_pogi

jazon_pogi Active Member

7. marckieMD

marckieMD Member

I got to try this new macbook at apple store display today and it looks really good in person. Keyboard is all flat. I don't like the gold shade before but believe me, it looks so much better in person. :)

8. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

it actually looks good even on the TV screen hehe... is the gold same as the gold of an ipad air2?

9. justinsan

justinsan New Member

I already placed my order as well but unfortunately the current shipping estimate is now at 4-6 weeks and delivery date between 5/27 - 6/9. Should have ordered yesterday night when it was still 3-4 weeks! :(

What's your est delivery date at if you don't mind to let us know? :rolleyes:

10. jazon_pogi

jazon_pogi Active Member

5/6 - 5/13 bro.. tagal haha! i think mauna nila i-deliver un USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter na order ko

11. justinsan

justinsan New Member

...I should have really ordered yesterday :(. Thanks for the info and good for you bro! :)

12. rockion

rockion Member

charging macbook with a powerbank! but needs a proprietary cable w/ usb-c on the other end.

[video=youtube;pAgSyOiqKsw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAgSyOiqKsw[/video]

13. warmgreentea

warmgreentea PhilMUG Addict Member

Whoa, charging a laptop with a powerbank? That's crazy cool haha. Well, maybe I'd wait for the Macbook 3rd gen to finally consider it. :)

14. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

once again, my friendly neighboorhood Apple tiangge in GH contacted me if i wanted the New MacBook for a "reasonable price"...he will be bringing in his units direct from the States (or so he says...)

i've dealt with this guy before, buying my iphone 2g, ipad 1 and 2, iphone 5 and 5/s, ipad air 2, and mba 1st/3rd gen with him...

ok, how reasonable will i be enough to buy the new Mb? (like am reasonable enough to get the new AW...)

15. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

the USB charging feature is neat, and would be my strongest consideration in getting a macbook; but then again i don't want to go through that whole dance with plugging and unplugging USB-C adaptors to host my other peripherals while not charging. i'm sure some kind of pass-through adaptor will be out in the market soon if it's not already.... but meanwhile i'm happier with the maxed-out MBA and its many ports; i also read that the new keyboard, while ingeniously designed, isn't quite as responsive as the MBA's, so that would also be a dealbreaker for me, since i live off my keyboard.

but i'm sure the new macbook will be fun nonetheless, and i look forward to picking up a Rev C of it ;)

16. rockion

rockion Member

Macbook Demo, Running several Apps.
    it's in japanese though but you can understand just by watching it. ;P

[video=youtube;GXD6BfOmV-Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXD6BfOmV-Y[/video]

the entry level macbook seems like run smooth! he runs several apps like safari, photo preveiw, maps 3D and specially iMovie which he imported files, edit and exported a FHD movie, mpeg4, 153.5MB in just 60 seconds. and he made the video in iMovie itself. and over all the iMovie performance looks pretty decent with no lags or hiccups.

sadly the demo doesn't shows benchmark and blackmagic speed test.

it looks like the macbook is pretty decent after all! what do you think? :D

#216 rockion, Apr 14, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  17. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

18. peeeeeejay

peeeeeejay Active Member

whoa that's pretty slow compared to the MBP.

19. leerocks

leerocks Member

So far smooth on one app at a time, but he did not show in the video simultaneous apps running/switching, i.e. multitasking.

Best example is like Safari is open, while listening to iTunes, while editing a video.

20. LeoCastillo

LeoCastillo Maestro
    Staff Member

Hi Pen!

Yes, there are pass-through adapters now. I also tried the keyboard. It definitely had a different feel, and can be an immediate "turnoff" because it feels different, but after playing with it a bit, I was getting very used to it and found it perfectly fine.

So for the first time new Macbook typists, expect a "weird feeling" first time you type. Just keep going and you'll soon forget about it and you might even find yourself preferring the new keyboard!

Leo

P.S. Here's an image of the USB-C pass through adapter. Please also note that USB-C is a universal open standard, so expect the CDR-King version to eventually appear.

[​IMG]