The new MacBook (2015)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by docnico, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Seven Leaves

Seven Leaves Active Member

You know, if Apple wanted the Macbook to be a truly wireless Mac that relies on the net to move its files it should have at least have a slot for a sim card like the 3G iPads.

2. jasonub

jasonub Member

as the apple technician said. That's why we are selling a $79 dongle for you
    Hehe

3. vic2rp

vic2rp Active Member

Not a big deal for me because i can always create hotspot with my iPhone.

4. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

The Onion actually predicted this trend years ago:

[video=youtube;9BnLbv6QYcA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA[/video]

:)

5. cybersniper

cybersniper PhilMUG Addict Member

I cannot stop smiling while watching the video. I cannot imagine how the hell I'd can I get my job done with that machine.

6. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

Early Benchmarks Put Retina MacBook CPU Performance in Range of 2011 MacBook Air - Mac Rumors

MacBook8,1 - Geekbench Browser

[​IMG]

7. 650h2

650h2 Active Member

8. rockion

rockion Member

^ the unboxed unit seems legit as the unit might be a stolen production unit with no OS yet.(mentioned in a comment) haha.
    I like the charger, looks similar to an iPad charger, only a USB type-C one :p

9. justinsan

justinsan New Member

Mac noob here. When do these new releases usually come out in the Philippine market (official retailers)? Are we on time upon release date (April 10)?

10. macsurge730

macsurge730 PhilMUG Addict Member

Philippines is not yet included when a new Apple Device is released for the first time. You may want to follow threads under Beyond the Box since Charlie usually posts and informs PhilMug community of the new Apple product releases for the Philippine market.

However, you may also order your Macbook (which is still coming soon at this moment) from the official Online Apple Store, http://store.apple.com/ph.

11. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

we are not part on the initial list but based on experience the wait is not as long as the iPhones wherein the PH release is delayed by around 2.5 months. Usually a month at most if i'm not mistaken, sometimes even earlier

12. rockion

rockion Member

MacBook Review Roundup: Major Design Appeal, but Too Many Key Compromises - Mac Rumors

just watched the Macbook 2015 Review by The Verge.

Okey, I guess I'm sold to Macbook now! hahaha of all pro's and con's that it has, what I really like most is that you can charge it using a "PORTABLE POWERBANK!!! w/ a proprietary cable" sweet.

I guess I want to see some review hooking up with a monitor and using atleast iMovie then I really sold to this one!

I like to get the Gold one hahahaha Bling Bling time :p

13. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

Review: The new 12-inch MacBook is a laptop without an ecosystem | PCWorld

Bottom line

The MacBook is a gorgeous piece of hardware. The Retina display is excellent, and I’m really loving the Force Touch trackpad. The keyboard is more of a hit-or-miss affair; if you’re someone who is particular about your keyboards and spends a whole lot of time typing, it may be a deal-breaker.

This is a laptop that will serve its audience well. That audience is one that prioritizes size, weight, and stylishness over compatibility and ports and computing power. I’d say that this isn’t a laptop for power users, but I don’t think that’s true—there are whole classes of “power users” who don’t actually need more power than the MacBook can provide.
    But if your workflow includes lots of USB flash drives and external hard drives, if you’ve invested in Thunderbolt hard drives or displays, or if your work really does require 16GB of RAM and the very fastest processors around, the MacBook won’t be a good fit. Fortunately, Apple’s isn’t ceasing production of the MacBook Pro—and it offers all of that and more.

As a longtime user of the MacBook Air line, I look at the MacBook with a mix of excitement and trepidation. This is the future of Apple’s thin and light laptop line, as well as a warning that we’re about to enter a transition period for devices as Apple begins to embrace USB-C. And ultimately that’s the trade-off here: To get the cutting edge technology, you’ve got to deal with the incompatibilities and limitations that go with it.

People who are willing to deal with the pains in order to get their hands on a product like this, you know who you are. It’s waiting for you. The rest of the world will catch up, in time.

14. jazon_pogi

jazon_pogi Active Member

Apple Store now busy updating...

15. rockion

rockion Member

oh yeah today is the availability of the new macbook!

I wonder when will charlie have this tiny beauty? :D

#196 rockion, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  16. yoh_hectic

yoh_hectic PhilMUG Addict Member

Email Charlie and ask. [emoji106] kindly share with us lazy ppl how much the top end model with maxed out cpu, ram and ssd.

17. bluedragonph

bluedragonph Active Member

I already emailed them. No information on pricing and availability as of today.

18. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

the entry level new macbook retails for Php64k++

so i guess the maxed-out version would run to Php85-90k++

and don't forget, there are a lot of dongles and adapters to buy later on...so expenses would run into the 100k's...

di lang overtime habol mo para me pondo ka dito, pati weekend at holiday kayod kabayo...

19. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

^I cant help but think that this IS the future of all macbooks (airs and pros included). I remember reading an article before when the original MBA came out, that was the very first notebook with ssd and soldered on ram (supposedly not user upgradeable). That time macbooks were well known for user upgradeable storage and memory and with the MBA there was a lot of backlash about the fact that we couldnt do it.

When the sales numbers of the MBA came in, Apple was satisfied that this would be the way to go and thus what we have now are ssds and soldered on ram. The author of the article said we cant blame apple for that because we the consumers chose it.