The new Apple WATCH

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LeoCastillo, Aug 28, 2014.

1. vtf

vtf Active Member

these were my thoughts when the AW was introduced until my 2008 Polar Watch started having a mind of its own. this became a convenient excuse to get rid of the Polar chest strap during work outs.

extremeshot likes this.
  2. GelOBrrz

GelOBrrz Member

Got the same issues on my Series 2, and now, my Series 3. It should be an app issue :)

extremeshot likes this.
  3. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

I had the exact same sentiments. A friend was asking me "when" I would buy one, and I kept on answering I don't see any valid use case for my day to day activities.

As usual, for most of my Apple products - I was sorely mistaken. I impulsively bought one last December because I wanted to motivate myself to get more fit, and I'm loving every day of using it. I swim & run with it, track my sleep with it. It's awesome. And I now own probably 8 or 9 bands for it, and I like wearing a different one each day depending on what I wear. Haha!

extremeshot likes this.
  4. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

Yup. I almost gave up on using this on AW. For now, all I use it for Messenger is for notifications.

Yes, another Apple product that will ride the vicious and never ending upgrade cycle lol. On the contrary for me though, my Fitbit worked better as a fitness, activity, and sleep tracker compared to the AW. It's the battery life, more than anything. The Fitbit lasted 4-5 days before needing a charge while I can't wear my AW the whole day and then to sleep without worrying about running out of juice the next day so I charge it at bedtime (so sleep tracking is out of the question). My only wish for the next generation AW is better battery life.

So on the downside, I haven't been as active nor have I monitored my sleep since switching to the AW. On the upside, it looks pretty damn cool with all the available customizations haha...

Today's look on a rainy Tuesday.
    IMG_3688.JPG

#1524 extremeshot, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  5. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

Are you using the Series 3? They say its battery is a lot better than the previous generations. Mine lasts 2 days on a single charge, usually at around 60-65% when I wake up the next day. Of course it's no Fitbit or other dedicated fitness trackers, but I don't mind charging everyday. What I do so I can track my sleep is I charge in the morning while preparing to go to work, charging for an hour upon waking is usually enough to top it up to 100%.

potpot2 likes this.