The new Apple WATCH

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by LeoCastillo, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Sunil_K

Sunil_K PhilMUG Addict Member

Thats why i never set up the activity metrics lol

2. headlesszombie

headlesszombie Active Member

Stand reminders can be turned off.

3. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

You can use it to signal CR-breaks.

4. prince_charming

[​IMG]

Pimpin up my apple watch with an asprey strap and hard case [emoji41]

5. generator_g1

generator_g1 Member

It's really funny that the same article also shows people's perceptions on those wearing the Apple watch as....

[​IMG]

6. gonefishing8

gonefishing8 Member

Hhhmmm....classic watches mid to high levels will never be killed by  watch.

It's those clothes label that also carry Overpriced rubbish watches that might be killed by Apple.

7. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

I like how Passbook automatically opens when close to the event...

[​IMG]

8. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

^ yup, i remember it reminding me that "i was in the vicinity" and "a few minutes away" from roland garros for the french open when i went there last may 29 :)

9. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Active Member

I agree. I don't think anyone will be switching from Breitling or Longines to Apple Watch anytime soon.

Quick question for Apple Watch owners: On what occasions do you wear your Apple Watch?

#849 Somnambulist, Jun 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  10. jasonub

jasonub Member

For me a timepiece should last at least 20 years with the usual maintenance.

You can hand it down or sell it and get another with little value lost when you get tired of it.

I probably would not buy an apple watch since it seems to be a piece of tech that would be outdated in a year or 2 when a better one comes out. Its fine if its cheap but its a bit pricey

If i do buy one id wear it during vacations when i go around cities and not beaches or anything that will get it soaked.

Id stick to the iphone and macbook air for now.

Would watches die due to the apple watch? That is hilarious, id never replace my rollie sub for travel for it. Wont also replace my AP forged carbon or SS diver, or even my PAM 111 for an iwatch

11. jasonub

jasonub Member

Would you buy this for $12000 and have its value disappear in the next 2-3 years. Or appreciate if they discontinue it :)
    [​IMG]

Or buy this for $12000 and retain at least 85% in the next 10 years or appreciate if it gets to be a vintage sub?
    [​IMG]

12. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

Apple Watch was made as a complementary for your iPhone. It was never meant to replace traditional watches(due to the fact that it still needs an iPhone) and was never mentioned by Apple that "oh, buy our smartwatch because it can do more things than your analog watch". If you don't like it, that's totally fine.
    Right now, I don't regret buying this piece of tech. In fact, I enjoyed using it :)

13. jasonub

jasonub Member

Yes to each his own or walang basagan ng trip.

14. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

As a Longines owner i will attest to the fact that I am considering of getting an AW, but not yet...

15. Somnambulist

Somnambulist Active Member

He was referring to those posts that were saying that the Apple Watch will kill the competition in the timepiece industry.

16. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

I wouldn't bother posting in this thread if Im not interested with the apple watch. Just my 2 cents. Instead of reading things about the watch, I read debates and negative comments. We all know apple watch is different from those other watches. It is like comparing apples and oranges, they are both fruits pero different types diba? So let us please move on?

17. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^nonetheless this thread is about the AW, its owners and those who wish to own one...there's actually a thread for traditional watch owners tho'

I don't think there should be an issue about what posters here want of their AWs...we non-owners are just mere spectators so let's be respectful of that fact and tone down the snide remarks or comments...you know who you are

18. jessec

jessec Active Member

this (set up as new) worked for me, turning iphone notification on and off as suggested by others didn't worked for me.

19. gonefishing8

gonefishing8 Member

Like, like na Lang...[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

20. SE20

SE20 PhilMUG Addict Member

When do I wear my AW? I'll answer in terms of when I don't wear it. I've learned that I should not wear my AW...

1. When I'm the one running the meeting
    2. When I am presenting
    3. When I will be in an environment that could damage the AW (too wet, for ex.)

For most other purposes I actually prefer my AW to my Swiss watches (though I'm thinking about starting a trend of wearing both, LOL)

acnugteel likes this.