The new 10.5" iPad Pro (2017)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by docnico, Jun 6, 2017.

1. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

Hoping to see one soon displayed locally. I just checked still unavailable Apple Store PH site

2. gestapo

gestapo Active Member

I saw this in person, it was wowowowow! It's just that I can't let go of the portability of the Mini.

3. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

^You can have both... i have the ipad pro 10.5 but also have the ipad mini for occasional browsing and reading

4. mikeyllorin

mikeyllorin Active Member

5. gestapo

gestapo Active Member

Too much gadgets! Ha ha ha! When the Note 8 comes out, I guess I can let go of the iPad Mini and get the 10.5 by then. Besides, i'll wait if iOS 11 would be worth it.

6. shootertwist

^definitely worth it, just installed ios 11 public beta last night :)
    @mikeyllorin - sorry bro i dont have the smart keyboard yet, still not yet available here in manila

mikeyllorin likes this.
  7. mr.butch

mr.butch Member

Would anyone know if the 10.5 iPad pros sold in GH are legit and may be covered by the Apple one year warranty? I’m tempted to buy there. Hehe

8. gestapo

gestapo Active Member

One gadget at a time. Ha ha ha! But I would say that the 10.5 is a good buy!

9. shootertwist

i actually got mine there, its sealed, and been buying from this specific shop since 2015, got an apple watch and ipad air, ipad pro there, though i am not affiliated with them ... i actually dont promote buying if u can wait it out, but for me its worth the "minor risk". by minor risk i mean since its not yet officially available in ph, you actually cant bring it yet for warranty, but once its officially launched in ph, then the unit is covered by apple's international warranty, beginning when you bought it.
    In my case apple warranty page states my warranty is up to June 15, 2018, i bought it last june 16. Usually buying from gh also entails paying a higher price, like when new iphones are released, but with the case of the ipad, they dont actually jack up the prices, mine is actually cheaper by 5k from apple store ph prices, so its sort of a win-win for me, i get to buy it immediately, and still get to save. So far the ipad pro 10.5 is holding fine, just a bummer there are no decent cases yet, even amazon don't have a lot of quality ones yet.

10. Calhoun

Calhoun Active Member

What shop is this, if you don't mind us asking? Thank you.

11. shootertwist

i'll just pm you bro... thanks

XXX, mr.butch and Calhoun like this.
  12. mr.butch

mr.butch Member

Please PM me too. Really appreaciate your reply. :)

13. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

Best Buy just featured the MS Surface Pro 4 and iPad Pro 10.5 side-by-side. I figured more people would take time on the iPad but them Americans love their Microsofts.

Thus, I had more time to use and abuse the Pro for what it's worth. Incredibly it's very fluid and exceptional in form and substance.

Then I turned to the Surface and kinda lost it there. Like an hour lost.

My best bet: the iPad is a great machine but the Surface is an excellent one.

Will I buy it? Why not. It's Apple, isn't it.

Have to have one for my wife's birthday anyway.

Sunil_K, gaol, raypin and 1 other person like this.
  14. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

my friend who works at one of the premium resellers here told me that release is sometime July.

will grab one for sure - 512gb is just too tempting for me. hehehe!

15. rabby

rabby Well-Known Member

laughing at myself for checking today... I thought Apple was just holding off until 7/1 :D

16. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

Just got back from a brief US business trip. While I was there, I was able to convince my wife to buy a 10.5" iPad Pro. I just couldn't resist one when I saw it in the Apple Store in Grand Central. Now that I'm back home, she's having more fun with it using the apps like Pigment and Procreate.

Anyway, for those who would want a first hand experience, I'm usually just around Rockwell, BGC and Ortigas area. I'm willing to bring one to a mini-PhilMUG meet. Just set the date and time. :)

shootertwist and pdcfelix like this.
  17. pdcfelix

pdcfelix Member

Been waiting for this for quite some time. The premium resellers don't have a specific date yet.

18. zagu

zagu Well-Known Member

how is the battery life? im really not happy with battery life of my ipad pro 9.7" battery last for only a day and im not using the ipad that much...

19. colintay

colintay New Member

Kindly PM me the shop and how much you paid for it. Thank you.

20. Calhoun

Calhoun Active Member

I just came from Greenhills. BTB and iStudio already have prices of the 10.5-inch iPad Pro displayed but no units. I think the release is near.