The new 10.5" iPad Pro (2017)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by docnico, Jun 6, 2017.

1. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

Larger and brighter screen, smaller bezels, and twice the memory storage from previous model (now at 64, 256 and 512GB). Starts at P36,990. Worth it?

I'm actually curious how much the previous 9.7" models will be sold.

https://www.apple.com/ph/ipad/

2. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Well-Known Member

hopefully, the early teardown/s will confirm 4gb ram for this new ipad pro.. unlike the previous 9.7 inch that has only 2gb. ;)

3. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm surely getting this whether its 2gb ram or not, my ipad pro 9.7 which i got the moment it was released is as fast as ever, no lags or anything... i actually thought too that 2gb would be a limiting factor but its not in actual usage, typical apple, will be getting the new one for the larger screen, the 12.9 is too big, the 10.5 will be a great size for portability... i wonder how soon they can get here :)

4. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

I am actually considering the 256GB variant if not for the recent announcement of Surface Pro. Decisions, decisions.

shootertwist likes this.
  5. einjhel

einjhel Member

i'm thinking of upgrading my ipad air 1,

i wonder when it will be released here in the Philippines?

6. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

the 512gb capacity was the draw for me. there is a good chance i will upgrade from my iPad Pro 9.7 but at the later part of this year. :)

jmkerr12 and Sunil_K like this.
  7. shootertwist

ios11 so smooth on my 9.7 ipad pro, the dock and multitasking is a game changer :) i do understand we cant comment for now since its just developer beta so i'll leave it at that :) will surely get that 10.5 ipad pro

8. Disesaki

Disesaki Member

How long does it normally take for the new releases to be available here?

9. vic2rp

vic2rp Active Member

512gb on iPhone 8 would be amazing. I hope Apple will consider implementing this.

10. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm...mulling still getting the same size 12.9 to replace my 12.9 (first gen)......just for the upgraded specs. 12.9 is still the perfect size for me. Have at least 6 months to think about it (local release for shit-free returns or warranty claims).

11. WickedMac

WickedMac Active Member

I will be getting the 256gb! Excited!

raypin likes this.
  12. enrison

enrison New Member

Does anybody know when this would be released? The online store only shows its unavailable and the apple rep on chat doesn't know when it would be released.

13. linkk

linkk Active Member

time to upgrade my ipad mini 2 :), will be getting it at sg apple store if it comes available next week

14. leninmac

leninmac PhilMUG Addict Member

I have already ordered mine online including the Smart Keyboard. It will be delivered next Tuesday.

raypin likes this.
  15. shootertwist

i tried researching when ph got an official release after an official US release, and turns out its only about a month to five weeks in the case of the ipad pro 12.9 and 9.7, so i think the wait is bearable for us here in ph hehe, one month we'll likely have them na :)

16. zero.

zero. Active Member

Also made an order for a 256gb 10.5 inch to replace my aging Macbook Pro that I still lug around. The new iOS file system was the deciding factor.

Good thing I didn't give in to the urge of an impulse buy for a Macbook Air last year.

jesusluison likes this.
  17. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

The 10.5-inch iPad Pro Reviews by iMore and MacStories.

2017 is definitely the iPad's year. I'm very excited to get my hands on one of these.

18. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Well-Known Member

ars technica seems to confirm that the new 10.5 inch ipad pro has 4gb ram.. ;)

Finally, Apple has fixed one aspect of the 9.7-inch Pro that drew complaints from the professional crowd last year: the 10.5-inch Pro comes with 4GB of RAM, same as the 12.9-inch version. RAM doesn’t directly speed up iDevices, at least not like it does in regular computers, but it helps keep things running smoothly by allowing more tabs and apps to stay loaded in memory at once before Apple begins purging them. There are also signs that iOS 11’s multitasking is slightly more versatile on iPads with 4GB of RAM, allowing as many as three active apps and a picture-in-picture window onscreen at once.

https://arstechnica.com/apple/2017/...-hardware-patiently-waiting-for-pro-software/

19. shootertwist

Thats good news for me who's getting a 10.5, but I doubt if u can use four apps at once on that small screen and still be productive... for showing off yes, but for actual usage i doubt it... if only the 12.9 also got that thin bezels and got lighter i might have gone that route

20. Calhoun

Calhoun Active Member

Hi. Still no word on when this is arriving in our market? :)