The Multisport Thread: Duathlons, Triathlons, XTERRA, etc.

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by rbenzon, Apr 8, 2010.

1. kartman

kartman Member

Good luck this weekend, Vic! Remember to pace well on the bike and maintain 80-90rpm cadence so transitioning to the run is easier on the legs.

How do you find the bike so far? Hope it's being good to you :)

2. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

Thanks Raoul, good advice.

Bike's great, I just need to give myself time to get really comfortable on it but hopefully that comes with more saddle time. Right now I still flinch with surprise every time I look down and see a front wheel a fraction of the width of what I'm used to seeing!

3. hungryalien

hungryalien Active Member

vic what bike did you get? post pic :D

4. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

[​IMG]

Here ya go - this was from my brick ride in AAV last Wednesday with Jaymie and her friend Jun.

It's a Cervelo S1 that Raoul built up, he put a 105 groupset on it (with an Ultegra RD, I just noticed - nice!) and it's really responsive and light. I'm definitely not using it to its potential right now but it's a great bike. Really responds well to sprints (when I can muster the effort to attempt them)

5. rbenzon

rbenzon Super
    Staff Member

^i took a quick glance at your bike.

a little longer at the specialized shiv.

then stared down jaymie. :D

see you this weekend. that's if i recognize you in tights. :p

6. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

I knew it. That's why I chose to post this pic. I figured people wouldn't even notice I was in it :D

7. hungryalien

hungryalien Active Member

Hehe nice ride :)

8. kartman

kartman Member

Nice! You're starting to wear spandex. Before you know it, you're shaving your legs. Haha!

You guys need race wheels! :p

9. shonen_red

shonen_red Member

@vic, do you know where to park at Evia area? This is my first time doing dua in Daang Hari. And yes, sweet ride! I've been eyeing that bike for the longest time, alas, no budget. Hehe. Enjoy the bike!

10. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

Dude, yes I was wearing bike shorts but I was also wearing a Fox Racing MTB jersey that was 2x larger than what the other roadie in the picture was wearing. He probably thought "whoa check out the non-aero noob! He's wearing a boat sail!"

Anyway I picked up a Zoot bike jersey over the weekend that's appropriately tight (and somewhat unbecoming) which I'll use on Sunday. Of course now someone tells me that the race number also gets tattooed on your arms, which makes me think I shoulda bought a sleeveless one pala. Oh well.

Oh and re the wheels, yeah, I'll get around to that after a few races, you gotta hook me up bro :p

11. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

I have a sneaky feeling most of the parking will take place at Petron / McDo and along Daang Reyna. Don't know for sure though. Maybe one of the others can answer your q.

12. shonen_red

shonen_red Member

That's what I'm thinking too. Guess I'd better be early.

13. quixilver

quixilver Member

be early if you want to park there. if not, fernbrook ain't that far

14. tjgato

tjgato Active Member

have fun last time i park was in the sidewalk in front of petron already enjoy the race. Have fun Vic and good luck. Sa June 9 Animo naman near your place. And be careful of the turnaround and the entry of the bike this is where two of my friend hit each other last time. The other was entering the bike route and the other was making the turn. Fortunately they were both fine after the bruises.

15. shonen_red

shonen_red Member

Yikes... Mahina pa naman ako sa bike leg. :/ Wasn't it June 10 yung Animo Sprint Tri? I'm joining the sprint distance on this one then it's 5150 on my next tri.

16. shonen_red

shonen_red Member

Map for the upcoming duathlon this weekend is now out. Looks like a pretty fast course. I have a problem though - how tight is the u turn in daang hari? I don't know how to gauge. I had an unfortunate fall during my u-turn back at TU1 in Laiya so I need to be cautious.

17. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

Assuming they're only closing off one side of the road for the race, I'm thinking it's gonna be REAL tight. Am definitely taking it easy at every turnaround

18. shonen_red

shonen_red Member

Please refresh my mind. The u-turn area is a three lane or just a two lane? I can't remember. Haven't been there lately :redface:

19. vicicasas

vicicasas Active Member

To be honest I have no idea how they're going to pull this off.

The gate to my village is literally at the intersection of where the turnaround point is supposed to be, and there's a couple of Maynilad diggings and construction sites along that part of Daang Hari that I doubt will be cleared by Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if the route is made much shorter than what is described on the map and they just add a loop or two (in fact, isn't it already 6 loops instead of the original 4?)

20. shonen_red

shonen_red Member

According to the folks at SBR, it'll be a 6 loop course - maybe a tad shorter away from the Maynilad diggings. I do hope they had atleast a 3 lane u turn else it'll be a big pile up. Imagine 700 participants, and probably around 50-100 would be approaching that loop within 2 minute intervals!