The Micro Four-Thirds Thread (µ4/3s)

Discussion in 'Photographers' started by danielg, Jan 24, 2010.

1. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

2. putakti

putakti Active Member

Hahha Go! Go! Go! Xiaomi! Good to see new competitors.

3. FrenzyBanana

FrenzyBanana Member

Hello, tanong ko lang po sana kung may epekto ba yung camerang wala weather proof, gaya po kasi nung sa slr ko dati, pag condition ng weather is malamig tapos init nag fofog. Makaka sira ba to sa camera na walang weather proof? Lalo na pag sa baguio ako madalas ito mangyari.

Gusto ko lang sana makasigurado kung safe ito bago ako bumili ng bagong camera

Thanks

4. Salaryman Ryan

Salaryman Ryan PhilMUG Addict Member

Most non weather poor midrange camera (most highend are weather proof) are very durable they can take a little water and dust basta wag lang siya ma puruhan. But if you are going to shoot in storms and typhoons it is probably more prudent you use a weather sealed camera (and lens).

5. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

Hmmm, does weather proof camera/lenses prevent fogging?

I'm honestly not sure, I only experienced fog/moisture way back my D90 days... (sudden change of temp)

I remember my college (photography) prof once mentioned that fog/moisture may cause fungi and stains inside the lens...

6. gravija_flare

gravija_flare Well-Known Member

i think fogging will be reduced, if not eliminated, by the weatherproofing (specifically the freezeproof aspect of it), since it will allow the camera and lens to operate normally under a wider range of temperatures, e.g. -10 to 40 degrees C for the olympus e-m1 and 12-40mm f2.8 lens. :)

7. Godfather

Godfather PhilMUG Addict Member

8. gravija_flare

9. Godfather

I think it's going to be expensive, as it is aimed at the professionals. Still, the original EM1 (body only) is presently selling for $899 at Amazon. It was originally $1,100, so I'm guessing the Mark II's price will be thereabouts.

10. gravija_flare

would be great if they'll price the mark II the same as the mark I's launch price, but unfortunately, rumors indicate 1499 usd for the mark II and 1799 usd for the gh5..

11. Godfather

^ Hehe I'm hoping prices for the Mark 1 will come crashing down. :)

Actually, thinking of abandoning this sinking ship of Oly and Panny and going aboard the Fujifilm bandwagon as well. Lots of local support, availability of products. Are Fujifilm cameras and lenses still significantly more expensive than Oly and Panny?

#6631 Godfather, Oct 5, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  12. gravija_flare

ah yes, that's a good option now since fuji is really pushing their products and promos are ongoing. though the total cost for the equivalent bodies and lenses will still cost more.

Godfather likes this.
  13. Adel

Adel Moderator
    Staff Member

Just got a pro-level Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera that takes in MFT lenses. Testing it out now.

[​IMG]

rebiscoco likes this.
  14. ramil

ramil Active Member

I've had my Olympus E-M5 for about 5 years now. So maybe it is time for an upgrade. I may go for the E-M1 II.

But, at the same time, I am also considering to change camera systems and go for Sony full frame (Sony A7 II).

15. rebiscoco

rebiscoco Active Member

Hi guys,

Any A6300 users here?

Is it worth it to get the a6500 for $400 more or just get the a6300 and spend the extra $400 on glass or maybe a gimbal(if for use for video)?

16. chocoholicmom

chocoholicmom Member

rebiscoco likes this.
  17. MannySee

MannySee New Member

Hello, I am new at photography. I just got my Panasonic M43 camera this December 2016 from a relative in the US. I noticed that majority of m43 users are into Olympus cameras. And most mirrorless camera users are leaning towards Fuji and Sony. Is my observation accurate? I have tried searching for panasonic lenses and accessories in the i-net and it seems that it is hard to find in here in Manila. So few choices turned up. I admit I have not been to Hidalgo in Manila. Hope you can help and direct me to reliable suppliers. Thanks

18. MannySee

MannySee New Member

Hi, may I know the shop that you went to in Japan for panasonic camera and accessories. Do they have a "hidalgo-like" street there. I lost my pana 12-60 lens hood last month. Its not available in the US. I am also planning to buy prime lens. TIA.

19. Dekra

Dekra PhilMUG Addict Member

^ Probably BIC Camera or Yodobashi. You could spend an entire day in just one store.

20. MannySee

MannySee New Member

@Dekra In your experience, Are the prices in Japan more competitive than Amazon in the US? I heard that prices listed in the tags in Japan are final and they find bargaining to be rude.