The LTE Philippines thread (merged)

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by jeffrod, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raze94

raze94 Member

Went to Globe Glorietta today to get an LTE sim and the service advisor was insisting I didn't need to change my sim. I insisted for the LTE SIM so she was overruled. Anyway, it took 4 hours to activate my sim and LTE appeared almost immediately. First test was 13 plus Mbps. I also tested FaceTime and my brother thought I was on a wifi network. Location was DVA few streets away from CSA.

[​IMG]

2. dwinzee

dwinzee Member

Smart or Globe? If Globe, must be a Sim Problem. :) try going to the business center and have it replaced :) iphone 5 ba gamit mo? :)

3. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Impressive! The search is on. :)

4. bugs

bugs PhilMUG Addict Member

just updated my wife's iphone 5 to 6.1 but the toggle switch is still "Enable 3G" not "Enable LTE". Tried reset network settings, turned airplane mode on & off, also did a soft reset, but still to no avail. Called globe csr & she said the sim is LTE activated. she just suggested to go to a globe business center instead & have the sim replaced. :mad:

5. portgasDace

portgasDace Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

if it's 6.1 then there should be ENABLE LTE if it's absent backup the phone and do a restore.

6. agree

agree Member

Anybody here getting LTE with globe on their verizon-issued factory unlocked units?

7. dwinzee

dwinzee Member

Hi... Me :)

Bought it in Greenhills. Alam kong verizon xa, kasi may sim card xa ng verizon sa loob dati :) My Globe LTE is working perfectly fine.

8. raze94

raze94 Member

i had the same problem. Before you go to globe please try this first cause it worked for me. Back up your iphone on iTunes. Then unplug the phone and head to settings/general/reset on the iphone. Now click on erase all content and settings. After the phone restarts go through setting up your iphone as a new device without connecting it to iTunes. When it's done check if the LTE switch is there. If it is you can plug the phone back on iTunes and restore the phone. Hope this helps.

9. docnico

docnico PhilMUG Addict Member

So basically you don't have an unlidata plan, then you paid P50 for 1 day, and yet hoping that Smart will give you free LTE for more than three months? Hmm, don't you think that's asking too much from the Telecom?

10. agree

agree Member

Thanks for the answer. Must by my sim then. Funny thing is i had my sim replaced 2 weeks ago. and may nakalagay na LTE dun sa card. But still no LTE. Maybe will have it replaced again.. :)

11. scoflip

scoflip Well-Known Member

Yes, iPhone 5. Globe. Okay, I will try to have my sim replaced tomorrow. Thanks

12. angelovijandre

angelovijandre New Member

I'm having issues with the location services in an LTE connection, too. I had my SIM replaced and restored my iPhone; I don't think this is a hardware issue as the location services are working fine on 3G prior to the 6.1 update

13. scoflip

scoflip Well-Known Member

Yours is working up to now? Mine is working fine when I'm not on LTE. Pretty strange if I would say.

14. rj1222

rj1222 New Member

All -

Currently here at eastwood; hindi ako maka kuha ng LTE signal, puro 3G lang. Done with all the updates, etc. Still nothing.

Called globe. I need to go there center and pa issue ng bagong sim. Sana mag work na :)

Weird lang, ung nano sim na binigay saken when i got the phone was LTE capable na.

15. mr_macbookpro

mr_macbookpro Member

Help. How would i know if my globe nano sim inside my phone is LTE capable? What is the identifier? I got my iphone 5 from Globe last Dec 24, 2012

16. exxfry

exxfry New Member

I never got anything better than 3mbps on 3G. I also noticed my LTE doesn't drop nearly as much as 3G does.

17. exxfry

exxfry New Member

Got my new sim at Globe Eastwood mall. Been on LTE all day (and night) at Eastwood. I've also charged up thrice na! whew!

18. rj1222

rj1222 New Member

Call 211 bro :) meron daw sila list of nano sim serial numbers that's LTE capable.

19. Veeno

Veeno Member

stable LTE signal here in Shaw Blvd., Mandaluyong.

20. ponpon

ponpon Active Member

where exactly in shaw? what is the average of your speedtest results? I haven't updated to 6.1 yet, still waiting for superbowl sunday. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.