The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by johannes, Sep 10, 2014.

1. survivor guy

survivor guy Member

anyone know what causes ghost touching? my almost two year old iPhone 6 plus is acting weird all by itself...

2. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Have it check by any AAS Center. If still on warranty, they will replace it. Sakit po yan ng 6/6+. Try QCD Robinsons Galleria.

3. ronjet

ronjet PhilMUG Addict Member

Same here on iPhone 6+(January 2015) Also an unresponsive touchscreen. Remedy would be to off the phone, hard reset or sometimes just a simple press on the sleep/wake button.

4. ronjet

If out of warranty, will they ask for a diagnostic fee?

5. Fervish

Fervish Active Member

Call them 026331142

6. survivor guy

survivor guy Member

Took it to Power Mac service center in both Megamall and in SM Aura.... both had the same recommendation, REPLACEMENT since this is a hardware issue (i already did restore plus DFU reset)... but since my unit was out of warranty I had to pay Php 21,200++...

Called the Apple CS hotline to request for an exemption... explained that I followed the troubleshooting steps provided by Apple and still wasn't resolved... used the phone under normal conditions and there are no other damages, and that as per the servicec center this was a hardware issue... Apple CS said that they don't usually give exemptions if the warranty is expired... but was fortunate enough to be given a one-time exemption for the touch screen issue... :D

Brought the phone back to Power Mac SM Aura... and was lucky enough again that they had one unit of Iphone 6 plus in stock.. walked away with my replacement phone after an hour so... happy customer here... :D

OhYeah, jesusluison, dcph172 and 2 others like this.
  7. ronjet

@survivor guy, Nice to hear that sir! Haven't brought it to any service center yet.

8. ohwtfitzsean

ohwtfitzsean Active Member

anyone experienced overheating of the home button then suddenly the touch ID does not work anymore?

9. ronnel0918

ronnel0918 PhilMUG Addict Member

I'm experiencing slow charging on my iPhone 6 after updating to iOS 10 (via USB). Already on airplane mode but this is not the normal charging time when I was on iOS 9.3.5. I am using the same Apple lightning cable.

10. Lorenz69

Lorenz69 Active Member

hello everyone, i m having trouble tranferring songs from my iTunes (im using an iMac) to my iPhone6 plus. when i connect my phone i keep getting this message on the iMac - "iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the devise". this only started happening after the last upgrade. iv tried turning the "Show Apple Music" icon on and off and still no luck. any help would be much appreciated! thanks!

11. Jmlara1

Jmlara1 Member

does anyone experiencing a lag on your iphone 6 plus if you are switching from one app to another specially if you are switching to an FB Messenger App?

12. number001

number001 Active Member

^Since updating to iOS 10, yes, slow downs are now more noticeable. But still not to the point of annoyance.

13. sarah27th

sarah27th Member

I have an iPhone 6 Plus and just recently, its rear camera has been shaking like it's having some seizure. Anybody else has experienced this? Where to go to have it fixed?

14. patopig

patopig New Member

I have been experiencing this a few weeks back. I updated to the latest IOS available and it doesn't happen much anymore.

15. sarah27th

sarah27th Member

Thanks. Will update now. Hope it solves the problem. I've googled about it though and apparently, this is a known issue with a certain batch of iPhone 6 plus. Typed my serial number in Apple's iSight replacement website and my unit qualified. If the update doesn't work, I'd have to go to an authorised service centre. Would anyone know which is the best service centre locally? Thanks.

16. silie

silie Active Member

Had mine replaced before at btb vmall.