The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod Touch' started by johannes, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

same here. network problem. have 3g / lte signal but no data. restarted 10 times!

2. gonefishing8

gonefishing8 Member

I'm having the same issue, I noticed that it usually happens when LTE signal is lost and its changes to 3G and vice versa.

But take note. I don't turn off my LTE signal ever. Maybe it's because of it since it will continue searching for LTE signal.

3. renee0108

renee0108 Member

My problem is, after about a hundred reboots since May 7 (no kidding here), a few resets on the network settings and some on/off toggles, I still don't have any data connection at all. :mad:

4. Kingmaker

Kingmaker Active Member

If you can, try using the same sim on another phone. Maybe even an android phone to see if the problem persists or not. This way you can be sure if it is a hardware problem or not, and whether it is worth your time to bring your unit in for service and / or warranty claim.

5. renee0108

renee0108 Member

I actually went to a different Smart store yesterday. I asked them to try my sim to another phone and for another sim to be tried to my phone. Upon switching, it was concluded that the problem lies in my account since there is still no data on the other phone with my sim and my phone got an internet connection when inserted with another smart sim.

At least the problem is not on the hardware (which would be more difficult, I guess).

But until now, the issue still persists :(

6. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

then all bets are off, sorry. :)

7. Snikt

Snikt New Member

Currently waiting for the delivery of my iPhone 6 Plus from Globe. It was supposed to come yesterday. >.<

8. iAmMichael05

iAmMichael05 Active Member

Wow, it's been months already and they can't still comply with their promise delivery date? Just wow. Try to call globe to follow up and ask why. :)

9. vhyc

vhyc Member

10. s2pid_kid

s2pid_kid Member

Im having problem with my Lazada bought iPhone 6 Plus last December (MP MP3 World). I asked for warranty support on this item since the touch screen is unresponsive and it would take me an hour or numerous times doing a hard reset before the touch is working.

After OS update and even restoring the phone from backup sometimes it would still be unresponsive. Lazada told me to bring it to LBC and they would ask the merchant for warranty claims and service would take 3-4 weeks.

I still have doubts sending the item now after two days I haven't experienced my touch screen being unresponsive.

11. volemug

volemug New Member

I didn't get one yet but I will surely have one next month. I'm still trying to choose between 6 and 6+. Any suggestion?

12. jasonub

jasonub Member

Did anyone notice that at the same plan 999 smart is about 5k cheaper than globe on the 6+ ?

13. kidnidoc

kidnidoc Member

SMART (SM San Pablo) replaced my SIM (thankfully free of charge) ... was trouble-free for a couple of hours then wham!!! Back to the same grind of resetting the network settings just to get back the signal...
    So i am convinced this is a network problem and i think SMART has to address this soon... hopefully people from SMART read the PhilMug forum too.

14. derick8405

derick8405 Member

@kidnidoc

could be hardware.

15. chrisgel

chrisgel Member

Im having issues with the touch id on my ip6 it would not recognize my prints (both thumbs). I've tried deleting my prints. Adding them again would make it work for half a day or so and then there goes the annoying problem again. [emoji30] Has anyone had the same issue with your phone?

16. jpatrickn

jpatrickn Active Member

17. chrisgel

chrisgel Member

#3937 chrisgel, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
  18. striseet

striseet New Member

I get iPhone 6 Plus. Wonderful!

19. renee0108

renee0108 Member

UPDATE: Smart did everything to fix my data connection (front and back ends) and still, the issue of no data connection persisted. So I asked them to change my smart number, since it has been diagnosed that the poblem is maily connected to my account. Apparently, I got charged for 336pesos fo the number change, even if it wasn't my fault that i'm having data connection issues. Anyway, I got my data connection back since the mobile number change, so I think that solves the problem.

20. Kingmaker

Kingmaker Active Member

SMART sucks. :mad:

Charging you for SIM change, and now for number change, when clearly it's their fault is bad customer service at the least. It's highway robbery clear and simple.

You should charge them for the hassle of going to their office, emotional and mental stress of figuring out why you don't have connection, lost time and opportunity unable to use mobile data, etc. etc. ;)