the iPhone 6/6s and 6+/6s+ case thread

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by penmanila, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Tyronne

Tyronne Member

Caseology Wavelength series for my iPhone 6s Plus and wife's G4, with matching Daniel Wellington watches. (y)

[​IMG]

shutterbug, Sunil_K and Nikkio96 like this.
  2. mree

mree Well-Known Member

My iPhone 6 Plus (when I still had it) never had scratches and I used it for probably 8 months without a case. I only had a leather sleeve from Perry. What iPhone are you using? There have been some reports of the coating chipping around the sim slot, lightning ports, speaker grills, etc, for the 6S Plus (I think). Anyway, yes, dust particles inside cases can scratch your phone.

3. ellenmitchie

ellenmitchie Member

I'm using a 6s Rose Gold. I had a lot of chippings around the sim card tray, lightning port, headphone jack and sides. A guy from Apple called me when I sent an email to Tim Cook about the chippings. I availed of PMC's mail in service and the phone is now in Singapore and I will be receiving a new one.

The chipping issue is actually common to 6s especially for those who have Rose Gold. There's a thread in MacRumors and a lot of people are experiencing the same thing.

I just hope the new unit won't have the chipping issue anymore. My family never had an issue with their 6s. :(

#3203 ellenmitchie, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
  4. Nikkio96

Nikkio96 Active Member

It will, but ONLY if it falls on its head (meaning, it falls on the side where the power and volume buttons are), since the bottom part is open and leaves that area exposed to scratches or dents should it fall right side up.

5. Kleithxx

Kleithxx PhilMUG Addict Member

Anyone knows which shop merong Magpul Field Case for iP6s+ specifically color Teal and Clear po? Badly need both. :) Thank you!!

Sold out na sa Tactical Asia :(

6. patreng

patreng Active Member

the opening at the bottom part is my hesitation. im a bit clumsy on my stuff thus i use either a tech21 evo mesh or a spigen clear case.

7. chichidl

chichidl Member

My ip6 fell. I didnt know how the jelly case was removed on its side. Now its corner has scratches. Can the case be replaced? Im sad because its resale value is now affected.

8. patreng

patreng Active Member

what kind of jelly case were you using?

9. melc

melc Active Member

Recently got me a Spigen Air Skin for my 6s. Medyo nawala ang pagka slippery and almost invisible sya which i really like. :)

10. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

I also have this issue with my Space Gray unit. Scuffs around the headphone jack, lightning port, and sim tray; and now small scuffs are also forming around the back of the phone. I guess there's truth to people saying the material used for the 6s is more prone to cosmetic damages. :cry: It's a shame it can take this kind of damage even if you go to great lengths to protect your tech.

I just treat the scuffs as part of my phone's personality now. :unsure:

11. s2pid_kid

s2pid_kid Member

Read a post from a member @ellenmitchie that her unit got replaced when she emailed Tim Cook. There are certain batch that are prone to chipping so you might be eligible for a replacement.

Edelheid likes this.
  12. ellenmitchie

ellenmitchie Member

I suggest you send an email to Tim Cook. I went to a lot of service centers and they won't accept it for replacement since they keep on saying the same thing; that it's cosmetic damage and it's not covered by the warranty. Or give Apple PH a call first, tell them that you went to a lot of service centers and they won't accept your unit, provide pictures as well if you can. I just got my new unit that comes in a retail box, and not the usual replacement white box. I just hope in the long run it won't have the chipping issue anymore.

#3212 ellenmitchie, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
    docran and Edelheid like this.
  13. Edelheid

Edelheid PhilMUG Addict Member

Wait, so it's a legit defect and there are actual units that doesn't suffer from any of these cosmetic damage? That changes everything.
    Thank you for sharing your experience mate. My only concern is I've had this unit as soon as it came out here last year; it's been more or less five months so having said that do you think they'll still entertain my request?

I'll try ringing them up today. Going to give my luck a shot!

14. ellenmitchie

ellenmitchie Member

They will entertain you as long as you're still covered by their 1 year warranty. Anyway, it doesn't really matter since I've heard a lot of stories wherein people still call even if their Apple devices are out of warranty already, and yet they still get one-time exemptions.

My replacement unit is still perfect. Checked out the details in chipmunk, my production week is around 51 December as compared to my previous one which is 45 November.

15. vincerocks

vincerocks New Member

Hi!

I'm currently looking for a waterproof case for my iPhone 6s Plus, but the two most available choices (Otterbox and Lifeproof) are too expensive - especially that I will be just using it for beach trips. Poseidon is cheaper at about Php2,600, but it doesn't have a version for the bigger iPhone.

I found this online - R Just Gundam IP68 case. It's about Php2,000+ and I've found a supplier in the Philippines. Problem is that there aren't a lot of reviews online. Also, I'm not sure if it's a Chinese brand, which I'm wary of.

Any word or ideas on this?

Thanks! :)

16. minenskie

minenskie Member

17. vincerocks

vincerocks New Member

Thanks!! :) Though my concern is the availability here locally because I want to see it before purchasing. Would you have a personal recommendation? :) Thanks again!

18. minenskie

minenskie Member

^ That's the only problem, the availability. I can not give any comment to any of those cases mentioned on the link I gave. The only waterproof case I have seen with my bare own eyes was the LifeProof case. The design and style are quite simple and "maporma". If only I can afford to spend my extra bucks for the phone cases only. I wouldn't think twice buying this waterproof case from LifeProof. Just save your current budget. :)

19. daney_waney

daney_waney Active Member

Where did you buy the Ultra Hybrid Tech? Also, do the clear cases still turn yellow through time?

20. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

Bought the Ultra Hybrid Tech on Amazon (came out to PHP500++ cheaper than the Spigen kiosks here).

The sides are made of TPU and turn yellow because of the heat. The back is polycarbonate so it doesn't yellow.