the iPhone 6/6s and 6+/6s+ case thread

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by penmanila, Sep 11, 2014.

1. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

it's never too early to get this thread--which will soon be very busy--going.

here's TUAW's early roundup of cases being made/planned for the iPhone 6/6+. mostly they're still for the 6, but just add what you find online to this thread for both models.

Boom! Our huge roundup of iPhone 6 cases and accessories | TUAW: Apple news, reviews and how-tos since 2004

and here's more:

iPhone 6 Cases, Wallet Cases in partnership with Amazon!

me, for now, i'm just getting the $5.60 ultrathin case in smoke from monoprice for some basic protection until some really nice leather wallet cases (i'm an old guy with lots of cards) come out.

2. gadgetmonger

gadgetmonger PhilMUG Addict Member

There's a ton of Spigen cases featured now on Amazon and I am reluctant to get the Neo Hybrid cases because of the added bulk it will give to the already huge 6 Plus.

3. xthine

xthine PhilMUG Addict Member

If I were to get an iPhone 6 plus...

I plan not to use a case for daily use but will need one for activities. Probably will look for a water proof case for when I hike or bike, might venture out searching for an arm band of some sort. Hopefully there will be water proof arm bands.

4. ArkiJan

ArkiJan Well-Known Member

Looking forward to a Lifeproof case for the iPhone 6... Disappointed with the Otterbox case for the iPhone 5/5s...

was wishing for a splashproof/waterproof iPhone 6....

5. gaol

gaol PhilMUG Addict Member

Based on my experience with the Note 3, I'd shy away from bulky cases for the 6Plus and get the slimmest available cases that would still provide some protection for everyday use. As phablets, the Note 3 and 6Plus are already a handful naked.

Then for more active days, a second more rugged, hopefully water-resistant case would be on standby.

6. jlconferido

jlconferido Well-Known Member

If I ever get one I will go for an Otterbox Symmetry. Spigen cases are nice but they scratch easily.

7. Roman

Roman Let's hug it out!
    Staff Member

8. Jeff

Jeff Active Member

I ordered the Spigen Neo Hybrid (Gunmetal) case for the iPhone 6 Plus. I bought it from Amazon and it arrived today.

[​IMG]

9. mokmoki

mokmoki PhilMUG Addict Member

received an email from lifeproof for iPhone 6 cases on the day of the iPhone 6 announcement. won't be upgrading until the 6S though. hehe.

10. Xotigu

Xotigu Active Member

will be trying wallet case this time as i never had before.
    also, this might add a bit of support for my sometimes clumsy hands.

11. mcjanus

mcjanus Member

just ordered sgp neo hybrid Ex in champagne gold for iphone 6 plus and skinomi full body skin protector from Amazon

12. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member

Got the Spigen Ultra Hybrid in Gunmetal for my Slate Grey iPhone 6. $11.99 with free shipping via Amazon Prime. Threw in a 3-pack of Anker screen protectors for $4.99. They already shipped!

13. coolkiks

coolkiks Member

Ordrered Spigen Tough Armour Metal Slate 6+ at amazon for 3.49 but shipping costs me 13.99.

14. gadgetmonger

Ish, does the screen protector cover the whole screen? The new shape with the rounded screen edges might prove a challenge for screen protection.

15. penmanila

penmanila The Pinoy Penman
    Staff Member

this is going to cost a little more than the usual, but i've ordered a handmade real-leather case from a craftsman in canada, to match the cases i've been using for my IP5s and my ipad mini:

[​IMG]

it's this case from zenokleather (that's the 5s version he's showing; the 6, of course, is yet to follow; they'll be shipped from the 25th onwards). he also has them in many other finishes and colors.

[​IMG]

these cases are like the saddlebacks of iOS devices--they'll last longer than the phones themselves. my IP5 case has aged very nicely and practically doubles as a wallet because of all those credit card and calling card slots.

for some reason i got mine at $75 but they're now being advertised at $80 each:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/203351...plus-leather-wallet?ref=listing-shop-header-0

16. gadgetmonger

My iPhone 6 Plus Black Leather Case just shipped. It should arrive just before my phone arrives.

17. oldtimer

oldtimer Active Member

Not technically a case, but waiting for Mophie for the 6+.

#17 oldtimer, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  18. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

Same here save for the screen protector. Now that you mentioned it though... :)

19. fashional

fashional New Member

20. redtamayo

redtamayo Well-Known Member

i haven't been using an iphone case for my iphone 5 for the last year or so. i only have a belkin screen protector and a bestskinssever body film (for the back) on it. it has a couple of nicks on the chamfered edges but none too big.

i will do the same when i get my iphone 6 (hoping that belkin will figure out a good screen protector for the 6's curved screen edges)