The iPhone 5c

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by johannes, Sep 20, 2013.

1. funkyworks

funkyworks Member

iPhone 5c is a premium smartphone. better than using any android devices.

2. neilc

neilc Well-Known Member

That's your opinion but not necessarily true.

3. DON2003

DON2003 Well-Known Member

hehe, totally agreed with both statements above.

very much PREMIUM PRICED but low in spec, even wee in screen size.
    even local brands has better specs but at 1/3 or 1/4 of the price.

but to each own only, we choose which we think worth the money, but nowadays, using an iPhone not a sign you are at top of the tech world, as its cease innovating with Jobs (resting in peace)

4. krscu

krscu Member

I'm a fan of how the 5C feels in your hand. If I had one, I would definitely use it naked. How prone is it to scratches? I believe it will hold up much better than the 5S' aluminum.

5. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

Seeing that it's hard plastic, it may be prone to cracks more than dents, just like the 3G and 3Gs

6. rdy0329

rdy0329 PhilMUG Addict Member

When I had the 3G, I would have it wrapped in GMASK stalls that was popular back then. That way I can protect from scratches while using it near-naked (clear film). With 5s, I did not want to risk it and besides, is Gmask still around?

7. suigeneris

suigeneris Well-Known Member

No more gmask. But there's invisible shield. Costs an arm and a leg though

8. csherwinsy

csherwinsy New Member

correct me if i'm wrong, i don't have a 5C but afaik, the plastic was reinforced with steel ( i mean they placed a metal behind the plastic case) unlike the 3GS and the 3G.

9. iAmMichael05

iAmMichael05 Active Member

I myself love the look and feel of the 5c. It's an iphone that you will be comfortable using without any sort of protection. It feels solid. And it's much more ergonomic than the 5/5s.

When it comes to scratches though, I believe it is much more prone to scratches. As I have checked all the demo units, there's a lot of hairline scratches already.

But then again, I will still be proud to use a 5c without any case. It just feels great. I love it. :)

Kung hindi lang ako naka iphone 5. Nag5c na ako. Haha! Thinking of buying one nga eh. The blue one. As a secondary phone. :))

10. Lestat

Lestat New Member

Hi guys. Looking forward to getting your opinion about my plan in mind. I'm planning to buy a 5c through ebay.us and most of the carriers that I saw so far were from Sprint, AT&T, TMobile, and the likes. Most likely it will be locked to the carriers. I will then search for a site that unlocks the 5c for a certain fee. Question is, am I going to have problems in the long run or do you forsee any problems that may come along the way?

Thanks for your time.

11. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

if you would be able to unlock it through IMEI then there should be no issues aside from warranty.

12. Lestat

Lestat New Member

Got it. So that's the catch, it voids the warranty. Thanks man.

13. frequenzy

frequenzy Active Member

it doesn't void the warranty, what i mean is the warranty of the iphone will not be honored here. you would need to it send back to the states for warranty concerns

14. Lestat

Lestat New Member

Thanks for clearing that out. Morning.

15. right_stuff

right_stuff Member

i opted the iphone 5c because the 5s is not readily available. To my surprise, i'm starting to like this phone better over the iphone 5/5s. Its just ergonomically better than the 5/5s maybe becuase of the rounded curves. But it just feels so comfy in my hand i want to use it all the time. :) It really makes sense once you hold it. the extra weight is a plus for me, the 5/5s is too light for my taste. Plus the plastic feels like a solid ceramic in your hand.

I dont miss the touch id cause i dont want anyone to access my phone when i'm asleep using my finger.. hehe as for the camera, i rarely use flash, and i have a good camera always within reach. and i just dont have time play games on my phone so i'm not missing the A7 too much.

This should be enough while waiting for the next iphone upgrade w/o shelling too much cash.. :)

16. cholale

cholale Member

Is the battery significantly better than the 5?

17. ann jersey

ann jersey Well-Known Member

Yes on my experience.

18. Tuli$an

Tuli$an Active Member

iphone 5's batt capacity is 1440mah, 5c's capacity is 1510mah, while it's 1560mah for the 5s.

19. right_stuff

right_stuff Member

noticed this too. :)

20. macsurge730

macsurge730 PhilMUG Addict Member

Touch ID of the 5s also consumes battery definitely. Just imagine how many times we unlock our 5s using the finger sensor than the 5c by just slide to unlock and input the passcode.