The iPad Mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by johannes, Oct 24, 2012.

1. diyowell

diyowell Member

I have to say otherwise since I am using my iPad mini as an ebook reader, reading on an iPad with retina display is better than on my ipad Mini.

2. Triplethreat

Triplethreat New Member

@andrew_o_o
    Thanks for the insight bro. I tried to use the mini of my officemate and i have to say that the difference on the display was quite obvious. I just have to weigh thoroughly between clearer more crisp display to handy & light weight.

@diyowell
    So meaning you have an iPad retina & iPad mini sir? If so, why do you have both? And if you have both what can you advice on my dilemma? Was thinking rin if ever i decide to switch to a mini and the 2nd gen will be out by october(considering retina na), i will still upgrade to that.

@others
    Your thoughts are still welcome please. Thanks!

3. cyrianagujo

cyrianagujo Member

yes im fully aware of that..it's just that i've used my sister's ipad 3 and it could really take a beating with the screen staying scratch-free..i was asking if the mini's screen is somewhat less durable given that mine was on a case and was actually protective of it because it's new

4. kaboomerangle

kaboomerangle Member

5. portgasDace

portgasDace Account Suspended
    ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

a little caution with warranty for SMART as SMART's warranty for Apple products is a hassle. i'm getting my warranty for my iPhone5 but SMART is difficult to deal.

6. shootertwist

shootertwist PhilMUG Addict Member

my ipad mini is six months old now and no screen protector since i got it, still no scratch on it. My mini has been passed around by my kid cousins and i'd say its proven to be tough to scratch with all those games hehe

7. cyrianagujo

cyrianagujo Member

Yes I do believe it's really tough..I've been using mine without screen protector too and i haven't been able to scratch it..the small,deep scratch must have been from the factory even before I used it and somehow didn't spot until a few days later :(

8. kaboomerangle

kaboomerangle Member

oh...I'm not aware of that. in what aspect is it a hassle if I may ask? now I'm having second thoughts now.

9. portgasDace

ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

SMART's warranty policy is diffferent from GLOBE nor APPLE. if for example you got a battery problem like what i got with my iPhone they just troubleshoot it and dont want to replace it ASAP. on the other hand if you got it from GLOBE they'll accept it right away ASAP.

10. Kiko

Kiko Well-Known Member

Funny, i prefer the mini over the ipad 3 when reading ebooks. I actually feel strain in my eyes when i use the retina. I even turn down the brightness when reading with the mini.

11. portgasDace

ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

12. achtungbaby

achtungbaby Member

Anybody had the chance to get Smart's offering re: iPads?

13. Lakbay888

Lakbay888 Active Member

Was @ Smart Greenhills last night to avail of an iPad 4 64gb but backed out last minute. Realized I prefer to use my Note 8.0 for my tablet needs.

They had some system problems for the plan P499 24 months promo. But after some tweaking the SA was able to encode my plan.

Requested to put my plan on hold since I was having a dillema, if Im keeping my Note or go back to iPad. :)

They have great service there.

OT: They have plenty of S4's in stock

14. portgasDace

ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Applied SMART IPAD at MOA but on the final step my validation needs to be done at their head office since I have multiple accounts. Told them im giving them 1 week to verify and validate after which ill cancel. Strange if you're a good paying subscriber then its like this. Such a turn off.

15. clariego

clariego Member

Went to Smart SM Megamall and was advised that for Ipad Application maximum TAT for approval is 2 weeks, even for old customers.. whew, that s too long!!

16. portgasDace

ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

I applied my S4 with Globe and the next day I was advised to pickup my unit now that's service. Gonna cancel my existing SMART accounts after they expire ill just leave 1 account.

17. MFB

MFB Member

We recently lost our ipad 2 at taal vista. My concern is on the unresponsive touch screen of the ipad mini. Does it manifest when new or after a few weeks of usage?

18. portgasDace

ERASED FROM EXISTENCE

Got an iPad 4 wifi-cellular instead of the mini at Digital Hub. SMART is too lousy and slow.he

here's my SPEEDtest using my SMART LTE postpaid bro account.

[​IMG]

#2138 portgasDace, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
  19. jpcacanindin

jpcacanindin Member

I have had my iPad Mini for almost 6 months now and I never encountered this.

20. clariego

clariego Member

same goes for me never had any issues with my Mini