The iPad Camera Connection Kit

Discussion in 'iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Apple Watch' started by zoo101, Jun 7, 2010.

1. jonathanvital

jonathanvital Active Member

yup, this connection kit is so convenient, i could just show the photos right after shooting and it never ceases to amaze people. =)

2. onyxd

onyxd Member

if you have iFile from Cydia, it now supports FILE TRANSFER from usb and SD card devices. you can now transfer ANY files to and from the iPad just like a PC or a laptop. what im waiting for is the USB printer support but i guess that's just too much wishful thinking. :D

this will be useful if you only have your iPad with you and your classmate needs to get that file that your were working on Pages and there's no wifi connection around.

you can actually discard your laptop or pc because of this function. (iFile's new interace actually looks like Finder from OSX)

i don't still dont have my camera connection kit though. do they have this on DH? i found a cheaper clone from focalprice for only $20. 2-in-1 pa with SDcard support.

3. bikermama

bikermama New Member

Thanks, BlackAngel and ice_man.

Stupid question: I thought you needed to jailbreak an Apple gadget to install Cydia. Is there a way to add Cydia legally?

4. BlackAngel

BlackAngel Member

This is what i need, but do i have to jailbreak my ipad to use cydia? or is there a workaround?

5. bad_boy

bad_boy Watching Your Language
    Staff Member

bikermama: You need to jailbreak to install Cydia. This is a violation of the EULA but not illegal.

BlackAngel: You do.

6. den_lim

den_lim Active Member

Will the kit workwith an itouch or iphone?

7. alvinrayyu

alvinrayyu Active Member

#127 alvinrayyu, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  8. chocomocha

chocomocha Member

error message: This accessory is not supported by the iPod Touch

9. danielg

danielg PhilMUG Addict Member

I wish Apple will come out with a way to use the connector with out the need for jailbreaking. It would really put the iPad out there as a true productivity tool.

10. yeaboi

yeaboi Member

can you upload pictures to facebook / tumblr using ipad + ckk? I'm thinking of getting one if it can do this

11. DATC

DATC Member

Here's a stupid question: I was able to sync my pics from my 350D to my ipad. How do I transfer my pics from the ipad to the PC? I synced my itunes already but I can't seem to find the pics.

12. pinoyslinger

pinoyslinger Active Member

find it in your documents/pictures/images

13. AntonB888

AntonB888 New Member

Got my kit in HK last Sept 15, bought it from an Apple Store in IFC for Hk228, lots of stocks. But haven't tried using it yet, now I have more reasons to use it. Thanks for the infos

14. rsh78ph

rsh78ph Member

How much are these selling in GH??? Need one over the weekend.

15. rainmaker

rainmaker Member

Thinking of getting an iPad and the Camera Connection Kit. I'm reading mixed reviews/comments/notes and I'm hoping someone can help me. Sony uses a different kind of memory stick -- and I use a card reader to transfer files from that stick to my MacBook (via USB). Does the Camera Connection Kit support card readers?

16. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

I wonder if this will work with an apple usb ethernet adapter :)

17. rsh78ph

rsh78ph Member

Btw, got mine for 3K in GH. Didn't have time to meet up w/ cheaper resellers.

Love mine as I don't need to bring my laptop to load and upload pics after using my cam.

18. cabletekkie

cabletekkie Member

finally gave in and got myself the pair...

thing works alright, but i just found the process of accessing and importing photos from a cam or memory card toooooooooo slow :confused:

is it the same experience with everyone else?

(cam is a Lumix LX3 and/or 4GB SDHC that is roughly 30-40% loaded...everytime i get to plug devices in, it takes about 5 mins to show the thumbnails)

19. DATC

DATC Member

If I connect the CCK directly to my camera (Canon 350D), it is very slow. But when I connect to my card reader instead, the thumbnail display and file transfer goes much faster.

20. luisito

luisito Member

Finally got mine at the Official Apple Store in Shanghai last week (BEAUTIFUL)!

219 RMB or about 1450 pesos.

I'm currently using the keyboard from our iMac and it's such a great experience. A definite must-have for the iPad.

Great accessory!!!

#140 luisito, Nov 18, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2010