The iPad Apps/AppStore

Discussion in 'iOS & iOS Apps' started by doblezeta, Apr 2, 2010.

1. doblezeta

doblezeta Well-Known Member

You can now purchase apps for the iPad.

Just do a search for iPad or HD or XL to see iPad apps or click here to view iPad apps.

The apps are priced higher so your $50 won't get you too far unlike the iPhone apps.

I already purchased Scrabble for iPad at $9.99. Scrabble for iPhone was one of my first apps on the iPhone and I can't wait to play this version on my coming iPad.

It's disappointing to see that Fieldrunners for iPad is only a blown up version of the original iPhone game. Will take a pass on this one.

Harbor Master HD is free for now so I grabbed that one as well. Also free is Twitterific for the iPad.

2. motoflux

motoflux Lemon Pepper Fan

Re: iPad AppStore is Now Open!

Waaw! Ang aga mo Atty. :)

Does Apple already delivered you iPad?

3. doblezeta

No. I will be getting mine on April 8. In the meantime, window shopping na muna. :) And buying the apps that I'm 100% sure naman that I'll buy. :)

4. mysterio

mysterio PhilMUG Addict Member

Something to keep your mind off the waiting game eh, Yves? Good job. :D

5. filjedi

filjedi Member

LOL, it's fun to download apps for a device we don't have yet, though I'm sticking to free apps for now. Got Harbor Master HD & Twitterific for iPad as well. You might also want to download my free iPad app MindMash. Not doing any aggressive marketing until I test it out on an actual device though :D

#5 filjedi, Apr 2, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  6. ishg

ishg I'm female!
    Staff Member Supporter

Just downloaded Pages. I'm going to be using it for sure, anyway. Also downloaded a lot of free apps.

7. doblezeta

Apple's FREE app iBooks is now up on the AppStore. It looks sweet. :)

iBooks iTunes Link

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. johannes

johannes PhilMUG Chairman
    Staff Member Chairman

Mod note:

This thread has been renamed (to prevent duplicate threads from sprouting up).

As with the iPhone Apps and AppStore thread, let's consolidate all talks about iPad Apps and the iPad AppStore in this thread. Thank you.

===========

Personally, I can't wait to try out Scrabble, Labyrinth 2 HD, Epicurious, and Marvel Comics in the iPad! Of course, I can't wait to try out iWork for the iPad as well!

9. aczafra

aczafra Member

Also downloaded apps for my "soon-to-arrive" iPad -> iBooks and TweetDeck for iPad :)

10. filjedi

filjedi Member

I currently have 36 iPad-only & 14 Universal apps just waiting to be installed; all of them are free or updates to previous apps. Really excited to try Godfinger, Pocket Legends & Marvel Comics. Unfortunately, have to wait until mid-April for my iPad :slanted:

#10 filjedi, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  11. dlim

dlim Member

baket walang calculator yungiPAD?!! grrrrrr!

12. mysterio

mysterio PhilMUG Addict Member

Let's wait for the announcement of OS 4.0 later from Apple. Good times. :cool:

13. doblezeta

I fearlessly predict that the iPad will get widgets in OS 4.0. That's why it doesn't have Calculator, Stocks, Clock, and Weather. Those are the default widgets in OSX and they are totally absent on the iPad now as they will certainly make an appearance as iPad widgets.

We'll know in less than 12 hours. :)

14. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

So, what iPad apps are you folks looking at / fiddling with now? My iPad will arrive next week and here are the apps I'm looking at (a.k.a I-need-another-iTunes-GC)

- Pages
    - Numbers
    - Keynote
    - iBooks
    - Scrabble for iPad
    - Adobe Ideas for iPad
    - Flight Control HD
    - Labyrinth 2 HD
    - Fieldrunners for iPad
    - Civilization Revolution for iPad
    - Marvel Comics
    - Plants vs Zombies HD
    - Sketchbook Pro
    - Bento for iPad
    - NY Times Crosswords
    - Sudoku (I hope EA comes up with an iPad version)

15. 48check

48check Member

16. jazon_pogi

jazon_pogi Active Member

TweetDeck for iPad is very nice :D I used this instead of Twitterrific.

17. doblezeta

+1 for TweetDeck for iPad. This is my default twitter client for now until Twitter for iPad is released by atebits. FYI, TweetDeck for iPad has a bug (or maybe feature) that it won't let you open a link when in landscape mode. I'm hoping they'll fix this in an update.

Air Video is so AMAZING. Stream and watch the videos on your mac/windows on your iPad. Works via local wifi and via internet (experimental daw). Works great, no need to convert your newly downloaded avis. :)

Only $2.99 too, and its a universal app. Must buy for all iPad owners. Thanks to @loko__loko for the lead. :)

#17 doblezeta, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  18. johannes

Staff Member Chairman

Some apps I've been fiddling with since I got my iPad yesterday:

1. Scrabble for the iPad: the 9.7" screen size gives it a more "game board" feel. It's now more comfortable to play with, especially if you're playing with friends.

2. Plants vs Zombies HD: more achievements and mini-games. And yes, the game looks stunning. Screen layout is different from the iPhone version. iPhone has the seed slot on the left; this one has it on top. Killing zombies look more fun with a bigger screen!

3. Harbor Master HD: bigger maps. And it's currently FREE.

4. Flight Control HD: bigger, more challenging maps. There's a split-screen mode for 2-player games, too. And since it's HD, graphics look better. And yes, you have more room to maneuver those planes, thanks to the iPad's relatively larger screen.

5. Civilization Revolution: I have the iPhone version and the big difference between the iPhone version and the iPad version can be summed up in 2 words -- less scrolling. (handy if you have a large empire or map to work with) Oh, graphics are good, too.

6. Labyrinth 2 HD: bigger, more challenging maps. By "challenging", I mean more cannons, fans, magnets, bouncers, etc. However, tilting the iPad here and there (as compared to the iPhone/Touch) takes some getting used to.

7. Adobe Ideas: not bad. FREE sketchbook of sorts for your iPad. Some say Sketchbook Pro is better but it's not free, hehehe...

8. iWork for the iPad: not bad for a first version. I didn't expect it to be the clone of the Mac version. Could be more powerful in the future. For now, I'm happy with it. I guess I have simpler requirements than most folks.

9. iBooks: love it. Books look good. User interface is excellent, allowing you to "touch" your books instead of using buttons and joysticks. Built-in dictionary is good. More books in the future, please.

10. Epicurious: definitely easier on the eyes to read a recipe on a large screen.

19. reddddd

reddddd Member

Need for Speed Shift, - a showrunner for IPad

This is the thing to have in your IPad. Amazing. You gotta have this one :). Im not into games but I think this one is a necessity hahaha

20. xob

xob Active Member

Best or top iPad application/s

Pls share :)

Mine:

Asphalt HD
    Jam jewel HD
    Scrabble HD