The iPad (2018)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ice, Mar 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. abielbad

abielbad Active Member

Could I know where is AJT located in GH?

2. potpot2

potpot2 PhilMUG Addict Member

behind samsung, at the bridgeway shops

abielbad likes this.
  3. amieldh

amieldh Active Member

Hi guys! I know this question has been asked a lot but... Is it advisable to buy The iPad 2018? There are rumors of a New iPad Pro next month, but I really don't need the iPad Pro and there's little to no more rumors regarding a new iPad mini (personally for me is the perfect sized iPad).

4. potpot2

Even if you dont have any plan of buying the most recent model, it still is wiser to wait for the release of the newer models as this will cause the older models’ price to drop!
    Just my opinion.
    Unless you really need one now

amieldh and raypin like this.
  5. raypin

raypin PhilMUG Addict Member

Mm..yeah hold off. I expect Apple to come up with iPads with face i.d. and thinner bezels, bigger display while retaining the same size, faster processor, more ram and bigger storage. And make it lighter pls. Note: Apple has to come up with new type of face ID that works in landscape mode.
    Same with the Macs.

#65 raypin, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    amieldh and potpot2 like this.
  6. hitme64

hitme64 PhilMUG Addict Member

^Well, he thinks he doesn't need an iPad Pro anyways so why not?

Waiting may just make you long for it more so go down and get the iPad 2018...

7. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

The more you wait the weaker the Peso becomes. :)

makintosh, rdy0329 and potpot2 like this.
  8. Shinahashirome

Shinahashirome Active Member

The new ipad is a good buy if you really need a tablet right now (viewing content, FB, netflix, YT, etc.). If you can wait then the iPad pro refresh might be a more valuable purchase (whenever it becomes available).

9. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

7 years ago, during the Noy's administration, the exchange rate to USD is 42 pesos.Now, under Duterte, it's 54 pesos! in a span of 7 years. And the current administration is telling the public not to worry. Apple's increasing prices do not also help. Economists are predicting at the end of year, it might reach 60 pesos. I wonder how much would the apple products cost then.

10. raypin

Mmm...sideline, sideline! The shiny new Apple products awaits you! :p

Knowing what to expect re: rapidly rising cost of imported tech, the question is what are you going to do about it? Downgrade to a pocolokophone or pocoloko watch? Be positive! :p

potpot2 likes this.
  11. potpot2

I use the ipad for work/business specifically the quick sale app.
    So for me the ipad is invaluable and worth every centavos.
    So i will definitely get the new pros

raypin likes this.
  12. Theus

Theus PhilMUG Addict Member

one thing i learned from a mentor, “when in doubt, buy!” (y)

Over a month since i got 2018 iPad with apple pencil, no regrets (upgraded from mini 2). Been using it preparing for an exam.

raypin and makintosh like this.
  13. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

On the 2018 iPad release date of March 27, 2018 the US dollar was trading at P52.260791 to $1.00

Today it is P54.00 to $1.00.

The 52 week high was P54.389 to $1.00.

Some have speculated that the peso will hit 58.xx to $1.00. I on the other hand think it will weaken to 60.xx.

14. raypin

Mm...possible 60 to 1 rate. This is the 15 year track record of the Php vs. The USD. The last time the peso took a beating was during the tumultuous years of the Estrada administration. It was carried over by Arroyo but she managed to pull it down to the 40s by the time she stepped down from office. Stabilized during Pnoy’s admin and it gradually weakened by the time his term ended in 2016.

840F3EAE-250B-4EFA-8F6A-606B73EB33E7.jpeg

15. Adarna

Adarna Well-Known Member

To be fair most Asian currency have weakened due to trade worries. It just doesnt help that it gets compounded by an inflation rate of 6.4% that was caused by TRAIN. TRAIN 2 and TRABAHO may exacerbate matters further.

16. raypin

OT: mm...more complicated than train, train 2. More worrying is the deteriorating current account deficit (US dollar inflows from exports, OFW remittance, foreign direct investments minus USD outflow caused by imports, foreign debt repayment etc.). The deteriorating usd to php rate should work in favor of our exporters since it makes PH produced goods less expensive for foreigners to buy and yet our exports has declined or stagnated even as our main export markets remains economically healthy. We should be earning more dollars through exports and yet the opposite has happened thus far. Importations, on the other hand have increased substantially, partly because of build, build, build therefore increasing the demand for dollars. Traditionally, OFW remittance has been the savior but it is not growing fast enough to catch up with the demand for dollars from increased importation. Applying the law of supply and demand (more dollars needed than we can supply it) the usd dollar to Php rate will deteriorate further, in favor of the US dollar.

Implications? For the stock market, expect a worsening performance as foreign funds will continue to dump Philippine stocks (a deteriorating usd dollar to peso rate will make their investments here unattractive/unprofitable). Two, expect inflation to worsen even further. Three, the BSP will take a more aggressive policy stance re: interest rate hike to moderate inflation but the downside is it will make consumer debt and corporate borrowings more costly. Fourth, if so, higher interest rates will cause businesses to slow down future investment plans since they rely on cheap corporate debt to fund expansion. On the consumer side, higher interest rates will favor savers. For borrowers, it will mean more pain in your wallet. Fifth, it it does happen, the economy will slow down (GDP growth). Unemployment will worsen.

It is a chain reaction and I don’t like what I see in the horizon.

#76 raypin, Sep 30, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
    mr.butch, potpot2 and mokmoki like this.
  17. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Bought 2 128 gb ipads as a christmas gift for my mom and for my wife....IMO, this is apple's most bang for the buck product currently....the new iphones are just too expensive and the ipad pro is overkill if all you'll do is watch netflix, browse the web, and play some games.....the A10 makes the 2018 ipad a beast....everything just runs so smooth....

Ghibli likes this.
  18. ice

ice PhilMUG Addict Member

^I personally recommend the 2018 iPad over the iPad Pro

You only loose the keyboard, there's Pencil support. All apps will still work and it's cheaper.

However, with the new iPad Mini expected to come early next year, and the iPad Pro using a USB-C, it's too hard to recommend the 2018 iPad because we're not sure about Apple's future plans for the lightning connector.

oaba09 and Ghibli like this.
  19. Ghibli

Ghibli Well-Known Member

Can you believe that the Ipad Pro has no headphone jack? For a Pro device, it sure is lacking. Oof on Apple's part.

oaba09 likes this.
  20. oaba09

oaba09 Member

Agreed...buying an ipad pro just for the sake of owning the latest and greatest is just not reasonable....if you're a professional or an artist who has an actual use for the pro, go for it. But if you're just a regular joe looking for a tablet for the basic stuff, the 2018 ipad will be more than enough(heck it's even more powerful than some flagship 2017 android phones)...

Not really a fan of the mini especially with the bigger smartphone screens nowadays(I used to own one when 5 inches is already considered a "big" smartphone screen).....Most phones now have displays reaching 6 inches...