The Investment Thread

Discussion in 'General OT' started by lerwinchristan, Mar 23, 2012.

1. lsalapare

lsalapare Well-Known Member

I need to know where heaven is so I can find angels to invest in me so I can fund the people I'd like to help. hehe Daming naka park na action plans that needs to be executed if only the capital is raised.

2. mmanson

mmanson Member

I hope more programs like angel investing can reach out to investors. I think this is a great time to invest in businesses here in phl

3. mmanson

mmanson Member

CEMEX (CHP) is going down :( any tips right now?

4. Quest4dgoodlife

Quest4dgoodlife Active Member

Their numbers posted for the 4th quarter were less than what they expected, hence profit is down and the stocks are down. If you can hold on to it for 3-5 years, then just hold on to it. If not, you should have a tipping point / exit point (ex. 10% loss) then you sell the stock and hope to recoup the losses elsewhere.

lsalapare and mmanson like this.
  5. mmanson

mmanson Member

LMG down by almost 42% today

6. mystavros

mystavros Member

you shouldn't be concerned unless you bought at the highs, its only a backdoor speculation play that it jump to P8 level and I would guess there's really none and the reason for the big drop.

7. danlincoln

danlincoln Active Member

Any thoughts on Wilcon Depot's upcoming IPO?

8. mmanson

mmanson Member

I think it will just go with the flow of the current movement in the psei (sideways). wait until next year to make a big jump imho

9. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

Is it a good time to invest in equities? I'm looking at the BPI-Philam one with the insurance and I plan to invest around 50% of the funds on equities and the rest on bonds. I have a mutual fund account with them and the gains are disappointing. At least if I move it to the new one, there's insurance included.

10. extremeshot

extremeshot PhilMUG Addict Member

I think you missed out by around 2 weeks. My UITF equities started picking up significantly last week. But it shouldn't be that bad because the best day to start is always today.

tiffitotz likes this.
  11. lsalapare

You should still be in a safe zone if you want to invest in equities as we're just on the Q2 of the year (bullish trend from Q1 to Q3) lalu na it broke the resistance at 7,400 index. You can ask if there's an option to switch fund kapag mababa ang equity so you can put it in bonds/money market etc.

Gains are disappointing in short term but then again ask yourself what's your goal why you invested in mutual funds? Would you need the funds today? Surely not. MF, Bonds are sample of investments for retirement (pang matagalan).

I'm 27 so aggressive pa ako sa investments. I'm always ready to risk it all because I know the rewards are worth it (wealth accumulation). I will only start to switch my risk appetite when im above 40+ because I wanted to protect what I invested (from equities to bonds) so I can enjoy it in my retirement days. :D

ronjet and tiffitotz like this.
  12. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

wow dan! into investments already? attaboy!

start 'em young! ;)

i still believe that the best investment is real estate. sure it is not liquid but it is a far surer thing. impairment to its value is not likely and appreciation is almost guaranteed.

#592 Jess, Apr 10, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
    ronjet likes this.
  13. danlincoln

danlincoln Active Member

Haha yeah! Figured I can make money work for me while being a full-time college student (y) I also find myself studying more about investing compared to most of my subjects lol

Thanks for that insight! Looking forward to learn more from y'all seasoned investors here.

ronjet likes this.
  14. tiffitotz

tiffitotz Active Member

Gains were okay on ALFM the past 2 years but the slowdown was very, very noticeable since last year so I wanted to change it now. I'm looking at it for long-term investments and as per the BPI agent (?) I talked to, the BPI-Philam collaboration is currently their best option. It's like ALFM plus (free-ish) insurance so I'm leaning towards that. The only thing I'm pondering on right now is how to divide it, e.g. 50% equities, 25% peso bond, 25% other UITF/MF etc. to get the best earnings. I'm leaning towards using the bulk of it for equities but I have no idea on the current market situation right now so I don't know if it's the best option or there's a better combination.

ronjet likes this.
  15. lsalapare

Keep it up bro. When I was still in college, I wasn't exposed to financial education like you do today. hehe! :D

@Jess , whatcha waiting for? Open you trading account now, it's not too late to invest in the stock market. :D

danlincoln likes this.
  16. putakti

putakti Active Member

Boss Baby - 9/10

17. lsalapare

I don't get it

18. Jess

Jess PhilMUG Addict Member

wrong thread? or you invested in making the movie Boss Baby? ;)

19. putakti

putakti Active Member

Hahah sorry guys.. wrong thread nga ako..

20. xkg

xkg Member

I think we invested more or less at around the same time. Had my BPI Equity Fund since around July 2015. Man, really should have sold at the peak. It's only now that it went back to the level I got it for. Hopefully the index goes back up to 8,100 or more. I am so tempted to switch to another fund or just invest individually in stocks.

Has anyone here tried FMETF?